Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (MR version)

What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (MR version)

Old Sep 30, 11, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other

After reading the DL version of this thread, I thought to myself "MR board has waaaaaayyyy more and better whiners than this." Just a quick glance at the "FD didn't refer to a Plat as 'Excellency'/I want Leona Helmsley towels/Didn't receive my cheese and crackers and cheap Chardonnay/Why aren't Courtyards more like Ritz Carltons (only with free breakfast)/How do I go about getting $100 for ratting out the FD clerk...leads me to believe we can make those DL folks look like pikers.

I, myself, wish more CYs and FIs had bars in the lobby. Not just any bar, either. One of those dingy, over air-conditioned, vinyl booth kind of bars. I love that...
Old Sep 30, 11, 2:52 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by dd992emo View Post
I love that...

No matter whether the glass is half-full or half-empty, there is clearly room for more alcohol...
Love this, going to use it when I can in daily speech. Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 11, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Oh lordy - I've got a million of things I could post in this thread....infact I had one typed up but decided not to post it......I guess the best thing I can say is each guests concerns or issues are valid
Old Sep 30, 11, 5:46 pm

Not sure about the least substantive, but one thing that absolutely drives me nuts is housekeeping putting that decorative thing back on the foot of my bed every day.

I take it off... it goes back on. I hide it in the closet... it goes back on. I've even hidden them behind furniture or under the bed... and they bring me a new one. You would think they would get the hint.

Same story for the 17 pillows in some places---with the added difficulty of not having enough places to hind 'em all.
Old Sep 30, 11, 7:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
OVERTUCKING OF SHEETS!!! Don't they know a HUMAN BEING has to crawl between them? Sometimes I feel like I need the jaws of life to get them apart. We aren't all size 00 super models.

Seriously, I lift the mattress to pull out the top sheets/comforter.
Old Sep 30, 11, 8:19 pm

A couple more beers and then I'll start posting!
Old Sep 30, 11, 10:22 pm

I find the lack of cats disturbing

As far as I know, only a few properties in the Marriott chain have cats.

The Algonquin Hotel has an official cat. A few properties have unofficial cats, including the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.

However, this Courtyard I'm in tonight doesn't have an official cat yet! It should be more like the Algonquin.
Old Oct 1, 11, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
I hate it when the mattress isn't aligned with the box springs. Dealing with that issue right now in the San Francisco Marriott Marquis.
Old Oct 1, 11, 10:18 am

Put the bath soap in the bath! If there is only one shower/bath then put the soap in soap holder! And put a garbage can within throwing distance so we can toss the bath-soap-cardboard in the garbage and think we are NBA caliber for nailing it!

And for the love of god, stop giving me someone else's room and vice-versa!
Old Oct 1, 11, 11:56 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
On my last stay the keycard had an IHOP ad instead of Elite Member!
Old Oct 1, 11, 12:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ScatterX View Post
Not sure about the least substantive, but one thing that absolutely drives me nuts is housekeeping putting that decorative thing back on the foot of my bed every day.

I take it off... it goes back on. I hide it in the closet... it goes back on. I've even hidden them behind furniture or under the bed... and they bring me a new one. You would think they would get the hint.

Same story for the 17 pillows in some places---with the added difficulty of not having enough places to hind 'em all.
OMG I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!! I thought I was the only one who did that. I've seriously put it in places that it should never be found in (drop ceiling in a suburban Marriott bathroom) and one still ended up back on my bed (though not that one, I wonder if it's still there?).

I'd also add that when I ask for turn-down service and it doesn't happen I get very upset.
Old Oct 1, 11, 12:34 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
lack of ham
Old Oct 1, 11, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
I hate it when housekeeping put the shower drain down. AT 5am I HATE stepping into a puddle of water -- leave it up and if I want to take a bath, I'll put it down myself!
Old Oct 1, 11, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Courtyards!! Putting the desk right next too the AC unit so I can freeze my butt off trying to work and still be warm while laying in bed.
Old Oct 1, 11, 4:52 pm

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL DM->PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Silver elite status.

*ducks for cover*

Search this Thread
Search Engine: