Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG Marriott feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Shuttle service starts on 6.00 am; so it is not convenient for very early flight departures at CDG. Taxi drivers will ask around 20 (!!!) Euro for the short drive from the Marriott to T1 or T2.

For very early flight departures, I prefer to stay at the Hilton CDG.
Also bad is if one arrives after 10:56pm, when the scheduled shuttle service ends (as I did after a delay in getting to CDG). When we arrived at CDG in Feb. a little after 11pm, there was a line of 10+ deep taxis at the shuttle stop and all refused to take us to this hotel as they would not earn much of a fare (compared to their desire to take pax into Paris) on such a short trip. After 15-20 minutes of pleading with each of them in the rain (note that during this 15-20 minutes no one else showed up to request a taxi), the 3rd taxi in line finally agreed to take us for 25 Euro (after saying no earlier).

In hindsight, we should have just taken a shuttle to a different nearby hotel (like the Holiday Inn) and walked to the Marriott since it would have been way cheaper.
Old May 20, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA lt Gld - 1.7MM; UA GS; Marriott LT Plt; Thalys Gold
Although Marriott is my preferred hotel chain, when I stay overnight at CDG, I like the Hyatt. It's modern, calm and the pool area is great. I also had a lot of luck with the food there.

Originally Posted by mike2200
Staying here in fall any insights to share? Will fly AA back to calif from CDG
Old May 21, 2013, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by Buckdany
Although Marriott is my preferred hotel chain, when I stay overnight at CDG, I like the Hyatt. It's modern, calm and the pool area is great. I also had a lot of luck with the food there.
Same here but the CDG Marriott is subpar and not at all convenient. Shuttle driver this morning insisted that AA departs from 2A, despite my telling him that I had called AA and was told 2C. He showed me 2A on his list and even showed us the AA planes at 2A. Doesn't really matter since the shuttle stops at the SNCF train station. 2C was correct. Bit of a hike to check in and then out to the flying saucer where AA gates are located.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.