Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
CDG Marriott feedback

Staying here in fall any insights to share? Will fly AA back to calif from CDG
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike2200
Staying here in fall any insights to share? Will fly AA back to calif from CDG
We stayed there for one night a couple of years ago. They had just converted it to a FS Marriott, and the lounge was brand new.

There's a little park next door to the place, and the town can be easily walked to. Little restos, shops, etc. Not too busy.

Status was recognized - we (3 of us) got lounge access and a decent-sized room.

IIRC, the shuttle to CDG was free, but not completely sure of that.

All in all, we thought it was a somewhat pleasant place to spend the night before a flight.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
I stayed there last July and enjoyed my stay. The hotel has a nice lounge(excellent complimentary wine), fitness center, and restaurant. There isn't much within walking distance, and the shuttle service to the airport is terribly unreliable (not managed by Marriott).

I was flying back to the States on AA, and was shocked to see the long lines when I arrived. I almost missed my flight. I'm not sure what the issue was, but there appeared to be too many flights at the same time with too few agents.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
thanks

Thanks for the feedback it's our last stop in Europe after a two month trip
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any updated Trip Report for this property. I don't see an executive floor room type but others do mention a lounge? Lounge still exist?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
according to Sharon's thread (and THXs again for doing this thankless job), no lounge (updated Feb 2012)

Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any updated Trip Report for this property. I don't see an ...........mention a lounge? Lounge still exist?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: Southwest A, Marriott LT Plat, US CP
There is definitely a lounge there. They also provided a free breakfast cert for this plat.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:11 pm

Sorry, no lounge

ryans18 There is definitely a lounge there. They also provided a free breakfast cert for this plat.

Unfortunately, the hotel discontinued the lounge.

On a stay in February, there was still lounge signage, but no lounge. It had been converted into a space that could be booked for meetings/events.

Plats did receive breakfast in the restaurant, but no other perks.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
No lounge

Originally Posted by heralder
Unfortunately, the hotel discontinued the lounge.

On a stay in February, there was still lounge signage, but no lounge. It had been converted into a space that could be booked for meetings/events.

Plats did receive breakfast in the restaurant, but no other perks.
Was there last Jun (2011), the lounge was across from the front desk.
Well, I hope free mini-bar is still there.
Old May 19, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Staying at this property for 2 nights. Shuttle service, supposedly every 20 min, was very slow. Finally arrived at the hotel at 1:45pm. Restaurant is closed for lunch on Sunday, so we ate in the bar (service and food was below average, even for bar food). Noticed on the way back to our room that the corridor floor had not been cleaned. Bits of paper, a fork, a dental floss stick, etc. The empty wine bottle next to our door that the staff member who assisted with our luggage saw was still there. Front desk said they would inform housekeeping but did not seem concerned.
Old May 19, 2013, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Maybe it will improve during a weekday?

Cheers.
Old May 20, 2013, 7:18 am

Was there 2 times during the last month. As MR Gold I received a voucher for breakfast and a voucher for 1 glass of wine or beer at the bar or restaurant. Free internet of course.
I did not use the vouchers, as I arrived in the late evening, went immediately to sleep and left around 7.30 AM. Reception offered me "breakfast to go" doggy bag, but I declined.

Shuttle service starts on 6.00 am; so it is not convenient for very early flight departures at CDG. Taxi drivers will ask around 20 (!!!) Euro for the short drive from the Marriott to T1 or T2.

For very early flight departures, I prefer to stay at the Hilton CDG.

Last edited by PetzLUX; May 20, 2013 at 7:36 am
Old May 20, 2013, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Was there 2 times during the last month. As MR Gold I received a voucher for breakfast and a voucher for 1 glass of wine or beer at the bar or restaurant. Free internet of course.
Is that daily or M-F? Please advise & I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old May 20, 2013, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
Arrived on Sunday and received the same vouchers. Used one at dinner that night. Also, the drink voucher is not limited to beer and wine (at least not according to our waiter last night).

The items littering the corridor on the executive floor where removed but soon thereafter were replaced by others that seemed to fall off the room service trays when they are fetched. Likely one sloppy employee.
Old May 20, 2013, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
I was there during weekends.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.