Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall 2011 Megabonus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Fall 2011 Megabonus

Just got off the phone with Marriott about the current (Summer 2011) Megabonus and asked if they had the fall Megabonus details. They did and said registration begins Aug. 12 and runs Sept. 15-Jan. 1. The highest earning was stay 25 nights and get 50,000 points. The agent told me all the nights had to be with a Visa card.

Last edited by danpeake; Aug 5, 2011 at 6:44 pm
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
That sounds like a shorter than normal period. Usually the Fall promo goes until January 15.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VA1379
That sounds like a shorter than normal period. Usually the Fall promo goes until January 15.
She might have said the 15th but I did thought I heard the 1st. Happy to be wrong though.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Here we go again. Visa reqired Megabonuses suck for those of us who travel with a work AMEX
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Here we go again. Visa reqired Megabonuses suck for those of us who travel with a work AMEX
Sucks even more with the mandatory DCC issue in China!
Old Aug 6, 2011, 1:12 pm

yup
and gift cards this year are EXCLUDED. Thanks Marriott. Would definitely alieanate those of us that did use your promos last year.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Same old, same old.

Pathetic promo compared to the competition.

Thank goodness I am now lifetime Gold, and will make it to lifetime Platinum through my Marriott Visa card (15 nights per year).

Meaning I can stay at other chains offering lucrative promotions, and stilll keep my Marriott staus in case I ever need it.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
I was you until we thankfully went to a Visa
Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:41 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by libuser
yup
and gift cards this year are EXCLUDED. Thanks Marriott. Would definitely alieanate those of us that did use your promos last year.
Has anyone had experience with partial payment by Gift Card or Reward Cheque and balance charged to Visa counting for Mega Bonus?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Originally Posted by iwc
Has anyone had experience with partial payment by Gift Card or Reward Cheque and balance charged to Visa counting for Mega Bonus?
I have used Marriott Cheques and paid the remainder (<50.00) with visa. I get all nights credited to my account and megabonus.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
My wife pays for all her hotels with her company AMEX card, so she is cut out of this deal. I book a lot of her rooms and will be looking for greener pastures.

I wonder if Marriott understands that some of their best and most profitable customers are business travelers who have no choice about which credit card they use. Some of these will be taking their business elsewhere.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:28 am

Is there "double points double nights" promo which was launched in winter 2009.

I hope this one.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:46 am

Bummer I have 4 nights planned between Sept 1 and Sept 15.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
My wife pays for all her hotels with her company AMEX card, so she is cut out of this deal. I book a lot of her rooms and will be looking for greener pastures.

I wonder if Marriott understands that some of their best and most profitable customers are business travelers who have no choice about which credit card they use. Some of these will be taking their business elsewhere.
Even $1 spend on Visa will qualify.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Even $1 spend on Visa will qualify.
I am unfamiliar with the past Marriott promotions. So, I am not sure what you mean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.