Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Ten (10) Elite Nights are given for each meeting held in a participating hotel under the "Rewarding Events" program. See below for non-participating brands. Information about the Rewarding Events program may be found at https://www.marriott.com/meeting-eve...els/rewards.mi

The 10 elite nights per meeting are independent of any hotel rooms booked in conjunction with the meeting. In fact, no hotel rooms have to be booked as part of the meeting in order to receive credit for 10 elite nights.

Although the Rewarding Events webpage refers to room nights for meeting participants, the most important section is the one that states 10 Elite Nights, regardless if you or your guest is paying for it

In general, a written contract is required (or should be obtained). In many cases, the meeting is booked through a central Marriott group sales office instead of directly with a hotel. If booked through a central Marriott group sales office, there is a three-page contract that makes reference to the Rewarding Events program on page 2 of the agreement. A MR member number should be included in this area of the contract by the group sales office.

FAQs:

Q: What brands participate in the Rewarding Events program?
A: AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Autograph Collection, Courtyard by Marriott, Delta Hotels by Marriott, EDITION, Element, Fairfield by Marriott, Four Points by Marriott, Gaylord Hotels, JW Marriott, LeMéridien, The Luxury Collection, Marriott Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club, Moxy Hotels, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Renaissance Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton, Sheraton, St. Regis, Tribute Portfolio, W Hotels, & Westin.
Residence Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites, & Marriott Executive Apartments do not participate in the program.

Q: How do I find a hotel that participates?
A: Click on the link to the Rewarding Events page and then in the "Plan" section of the page click on the "Find a Hotel" box. Enter the city you'd like to have your meeting in, purpose of event (Business) and then check the "I need meeting/event space" box. Enter the size of your meeting (2 attendees should work) and then click the "Find" box. Leave the start date and end date blank. A list of potential hotels will be shown. The smallest meeting room is not usually shown online --- you may need to call each hotel to find out which one has a boardroom or other small meeting room. Once you've found a small meeting room, then request a quote online.

Q: How quickly will Marriott respond with a quote?
A: Usually within a day or two --- and usually via email. The email should contain a telephone number of the group sales contact. Give them a call and tell them you'd like to follow up on the quote and you're interested in booking the smallest room available for a 2 person meeting for an hour. If they quote a price that's higher than you want to pay, ask them if they can get approval for a lower priced meeting (e.g., a recent quote was for $75 for an 8 hour use of a CY boardroom). They accepted a counter of $50 for a one-hour meeting in the room (plus service charge plus local sales tax). Urban hotels may charge significantly higher rates for meeting space than a smaller, less congested city.

Q: Is a contract required?
A: The terms of the program suggest "yes" --- although there are reports that 10 elite nights have been granted without contracts. A best practice would be to obtain a contract.

Q: How long do points and EQNs take to post after the event is over?
A: Generally, this takes 3+ business days. According to Marriott, it can take 15 business days. If you do not see anything post after 15 business days, contact the hotel before contacting Marriott customer support. The hotel has to be the one to post it.

You will get an e-mail with a subject line Your Rewarding Events Award has Posted: EVENT NAME

Q: Will the hotel know what I am talking about when I say points and elite night credits?
A: Probably not. They may know about the rewarding events points being 3x per dollar spent, but not always. Usually they know of only the Marriott system (Group Posting Tool) where they input how much you spent and when. This is done after the event and is usually authorized by the sales or general manager.

Q: The contract doesn't say anything about points, will I still earn them?
A: YMMV but so far all the electronic contracts from the website state it, but some fail to read it. The paper contracts usually talk about points, but some reports that they don't, but still post. Remember this is a Marriott Rewards benefit that the hotels don't seem to be footing the bill for.
Print Wikipost

Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Can you provide a bit more detail regarding "right away"? You received points and 10 nights a day later when the person submitted the event through the group posting tool? or was it within a several hours?
​​​​​​
posting time varies but it should post as soon as its entered into the group posting tool ny the property, mine have posted immediately when the coordinator emails me she/he is posting now. Then there are properties that stop responding to emails after the meeting and dont post until 15 days after 😈 those are the properties that dont get ANY future business (real nor imagined 😁 )
Old May 16, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
​​​​​​
posting time varies but it should post as soon as its entered into the group posting tool ny the property, mine have posted immediately when the coordinator emails me she/he is posting now. Then there are properties that stop responding to emails after the meeting and dont post until 15 days after 😈 those are the properties that dont get ANY future business (real nor imagined 😁 )
Thanks for providing the DP! really helpful. Since I haven't received 10 nights, it is likely that they have not posted into the group posting tool..
Old May 16, 2018, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Thanks for providing the DP! really helpful. Since I haven't received 10 nights, it is likely that they have not posted into the group posting tool..
There are some properties that limit who's allowed to post using the tool. Some even batch their postings by weeks or a month. So YMMV, but it's fair game to ask.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Understand, I've advised many people: Do Not Ask A Property About Program Rules! This applies to all of the programs and not just MR. Many are not fully trained or incorrectly trained. I will make one attempt to get them to correct their error and failing that escalate to the program so they can work to correct the error and re-educate the property. Plus I expect something will be put on file for future follow up if needed.. Read upthread and I believe there is an email address you can contact specifically about Rewarding Events if the property is unable to figure it out.
I didn't ask them about anything. I was just telling them to post my event properly by going through the group posting tool. They told me my event didn't qualify to post through the group posting tool so I just responded back with the exact wording from the contract and everything should be handled by the tool. They posted screenshots of them submitting my event and the response the hotel gets when the event is posted through the tool.

Another person who was having issue with the same person got their event posted correctly after they correctly posted mine without further escalation.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:15 am

There are some properties that limit who's allowed to post using the tool. Some even batch their postings by weeks or a month. So YMMV, but it's fair game to ask.
Based on what I posted earlier, the property must post the event through the group posting tool within 7 days of the event to be in compliance. I wonder if they forget to post so they decide not to post so they wont be out of compliance.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jdang
Based on what I posted earlier, the property must post the event through the group posting tool within 7 days of the event to be in compliance. I wonder if they forget to post so they decide not to post so they wont be out of compliance.
I'm pretty sure what you posted is localized and not MR wide as there are clearly more than nine properties in the program. But, yes, they may not want to buck their owner (not Marriott) and have it get out they are not following the rules. Bottom line is all is done and proves sometimes a little push gets things done.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:34 pm

I'm pretty sure what you posted is localized and not MR wide as there are clearly more than nine properties in the program. But, yes, they may not want to buck their owner (not Marriott) and have it get out they are not following the rules. Bottom line is all is done and proves sometimes a little push gets things done.
I typed properties instead of brand when I was summarizing, I edited my post to change it to brand. The quoted contract says 9 brand.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:11 am

Can you provide a bit more detail regarding "right away"? You received points and 10 nights a day later when the person submitted the event through the group posting tool? or was it within a several hours?
Got the 10 night credits this morning. The manager entered my meeting info last night.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kauppias
That may prove tricky

I have not checked Indian properties so no experience with them but the HKG property did not respond despite multiple response so I just gave up.

If you NEED to have actual meetings there perhaps dropping a email to the GM may get some speed on your request processing
finally got a reply from one of the properties....took them almost a week to reply....
Old May 17, 2018, 2:57 pm

how do you contact the program directly?

my property was all on board until after the events, and now claim they "aren't approved" to use the GPT, so booked the revenue as a hotel stay (my credit card online statement shows a bogus check-in and check-out date), and credited me 450 MR points (3 events). they have no interest in helping beyond that. and I'm Platinum with over 100 nights YTD!

i emailed [email protected] a week ago and have heard nothing back. the nonexistent platinum line doesn't have a clue where to send me.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
how do you contact the program directly?

my property was all on board until after the events, and now claim they "aren't approved" to use the GPT, so booked the revenue as a hotel stay (my credit card online statement shows a bogus check-in and check-out date), and credited me 450 MR points (3 events). they have no interest in helping beyond that. and I'm Platinum with over 100 nights YTD!

i emailed [email protected] a week ago and have heard nothing back. the nonexistent platinum line doesn't have a clue where to send me.
Do you have a signed contracted?

Guest Experience Supervisor Escalation <[email protected]>
Old May 18, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
After booking many meetings by locally contacting the properties (and actually showing up with some friends to hang out), thanks to this thread I've booked my first out-of-state meeting strictly online for tomorrow morning. (I found a property in Cleveland that is charging $100 + service charges for a one hour meeting Saturday morning.) There's a chance I might not make it to the meeting...

We'll see how easily I get the rewarding events credit... :-/

(At this point, only 17 nights away from LTP!... hopefully, soon to be 7!)
Old May 18, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Had a meeting on 5/5 and 5/6. The later one posted over a week ago, the first one has not posted. The meetibg coordinator is not responding to emails how very annoying

I guess I should have known better when the same person only responded with the contract 24hours BEFORE the meeting when others responded in 24 hours 😁😁

I guess they dont want repeat business!

The ONLY thing they did in a timely manner was process the payment 😂😂😂
Old May 19, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
I'm headed towards some farmland for an event tonight and staying overnight in an out of the way area. I decided to submit a request for quote yesterday and negotiated a great meeting room rate. The very responsive Sales Coordinator confirmed that the Group Posting Tool will be used for this Rewarding Event early next week, however the document I was sent for signing is a Banquet Event Order instead of the contract others have referenced. Might be a bit of a gamble here, but with the great rate and the employees confirmed knowledge of the GPT, I think it's worth a shot. We'll see how it goes
Old May 19, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by mroseman13
I'm headed towards some farmland for an event tonight and staying overnight in an out of the way area. I decided to submit a request for quote yesterday and negotiated a great meeting room rate. The very responsive Sales Coordinator confirmed that the Group Posting Tool will be used for this Rewarding Event early next week, however the document I was sent for signing is a Banquet Event Order instead of the contract others have referenced. Might be a bit of a gamble here, but with the great rate and the employees confirmed knowledge of the GPT, I think it's worth a shot. We'll see how it goes

The BEO is fine 👍👍

Just make sure your MR# is on it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.