Wiki Posts
Search

2 rooms - 2 platinum gifts?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
2 rooms - 2 platinum gifts?

If you have 2 rooms (connecting, we have kids), do you get a platinum gift for each room? Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta, NW Air, Continental, Marriott, Amex
They are not required to provide Platinum benefits to both rooms, only the room you are occupying...However, many times hotels do offer benefits to both rooms.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 3:37 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
As stated, the hotel is only obligated to provide one Plat amenty. If you go for the points, you will probably only recieve one 500 point amenty. I don't remember ever getting multiple 500 pts added. But if you bring the kids with you to the front desk, quite often, the front desk clerk will let each of the kids choose their own amenity. ^
Old Aug 3, 2010, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
I checked in two nights ago, and the lady at the front desk offered two gifts. I didn't ask for them; she just offered saying we had two rooms. Since my daughter wanted ice cream for the snack, I checked that for both saying we'll call when she wants it (have a fridge but no freezer). That was nice!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:46 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I'd agree with both the above, T&C's are only members room for plat amenity and when with adults thats all its ever been, but when with cherubic kids FD frequently offers them ice cream to their room, or the card to fill in...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.