Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Access to Concierge lounge for a guest

Old Apr 16, 10, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond

I am using some of MW points this Summer to give my parents and my sister a few nights away.

Couple of quick questions on this:
1) If I book the room in their name (rather than mine) will they still get Exec / Concierge lounge access and the possibility of an upgrade?
2) Am I better to book the room under my own name? We all share the same family name, but how tightly do they police this? One hotel would be in Europe and the other is the NY Marquis

Thanks all

N
Old Apr 16, 10, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I had used my points several times for my parents specifically at the Charlotte Marriott Southpark and used my Plat. status but had my dad's name on the reservation. They were given the Plat. arrival gift and lounge access. I spoke with the Plat. line while booking and they explained that it's up to the property to decide if they want to extend Plat. benefits to others than the actual Plat. member. My guess is that it would be a 50/50 shot.
Old Apr 16, 10, 12:17 pm
mgi

On two occasions, I have booked a room for family (one using points and the other was a paid stay) while logged into my MR account. On both occasions, my Platinum status somehow carried through to their reservation and they got lounge access and the welcome amenity. Both were for US hotels though.
Old Apr 16, 10, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mgi View Post
On two occasions, I have booked a room for family (one using points and the other was a paid stay) while logged into my MR account. On both occasions, my Platinum status somehow carried through to their reservation and they got lounge access and the welcome amenity. Both were for US hotels though.
One additional data point - this happened to me as well. I wasn't even aware that my parents had booked a stay, but since I had logged into their computer at one point when they booked it put in my MR#. They were upgraded and given lounge access. I even got the points for the night but did not receive any elite credit. The only way I found out was when the points posted to my account.
Old Apr 16, 10, 3:36 pm

The Marquis has a check-in kiosk. Assuming you would book the room, perhaps in your name adding one of the family members as a second guest, and they check in at the kiosk using your MR #, might the kiosk automatically transact this as being your room and extend benefits accordingly????

(I honestly don't know and am asking so that maybe someone else with more experience could comment. I have never used the kiosks to check in.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: