Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver or Gold comp

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by SonomaTanning
I emailed on Friday night and never heard back...who did you contact?
I had her use the online Customer Service form. She directed it to the Elite Member Support or Questions section, I believe. Response in under 24 hours. Good luck!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, National Execute Elite
My current stay will put me into Gold Status, can I challenge to Plt? If so, on what basis? Do I just say, "I want to challenge for Plt Status?" I avg 8-10 nights a month so the perameters that sets are not that big for me.... (Now thinking they might read this and increase my hurdle)
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wms02a
My current stay will put me into Gold Status, can I challenge to Plt? If so, on what basis? Do I just say, "I want to challenge for Plt Status?" I avg 8-10 nights a month so the perameters that sets are not that big for me.... (Now thinking they might read this and increase my hurdle)
Not to worry. I used the same script for me and my colleagues and MR replied using the same "script" too! As long as you are sure that in the next 2 months (depending on their reply on the dates), you will have 18 paid nights stay, you can simply submit the request and give it a try - no harm!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:24 pm

I emailed on Friday night and never heard back...who did you contact?
SonomaTanning you have a PM. I did not want to post the email address in public.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 6:53 am

I just sent an email to ask for a Gold Challenge.
But I will probably stay at a Courtyard in France where the only advantage being Gold member is free breakfast. Quite a nice advantage, as breakfast is charged 22 euros...
but the rule is that to get free breakfast a Gold member has to show his card and room card at the entrance of the restaurant. I suppose I will not get a Gold member card as part of this challenge ? Can the hotel refuse in this case to provide me with free breakfasts ?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:25 pm

I got my answer : no free breakfasts for clients in Courtyards, even Platinium.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
Got it!

Got It!
Must stay 12 nights before June 30th...peice of cake 18 are already booked. I switched over from Starwood which I was top level at, as I have a connection for the Marriott FF discount this year...argh...was not loving giving up those benefits! Thanks guys!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:36 am

Got It!
Must stay 12 nights before June 30th...peice of cake 18 are already booked. I switched over from Starwood which I was top level at, as I have a connection for the Marriott FF discount this year...argh...was not loving giving up those benefits! Thanks guys!
I was also asked to stay 12 nights, and I will stay 17. But I wonder if it is a good strategy, as I plan to stay again in Marriott properties in second semester and beginning of 2010. If I ask then for a Platinium challenge will they ask me for the same number of nights to spend if I just stayed the 12 required nights for gold challenge, or 5 less nights if I spent 5 more nights than what was required to accomplish the gold challenge ?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 1:46 am

What happens if you don't meet the challenge? Do you just go back to the original status?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I took the challenge, same 12 nights in 3 month terms.

For the hotels, this is just like a "normal" Gold level, isn't it? So I'll get room upgrade, lounge acces, etc.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 6:20 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cvfd1607
What happens if you don't meet the challenge? Do you just go back to the original status?
Most challenges won't get you the status until you meet the night requirements. So if you don't stay the needed nights within the time period, you won't be upgraded to the challenged elite level.

Once in a while, someone might be able to get a "reverse" challenge where Marriott will instantly give them the elite level. But in that situation, if the person doesn't stay the requisite nights within the time period, they will be dropped back down to their original level.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I took the challenge, same 12 nights in 3 month terms.

For the hotels, this is just like a "normal" Gold level, isn't it? So I'll get room upgrade, lounge acces, etc.
Yes!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:53 pm

Programs: AC MM / S100K, United MP Silver, Qantas Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold
Would CC "Nights" Count ?

Assuming I get approved to challenge for higher status, would the 10 nights credited through the "Marriott Rewards Platinum Visa Card" count towards the challenge?

Thanks !
Old Mar 8, 2010, 5:34 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by x-gator
Assuming I get approved to challenge for higher status, would the 10 nights credited through the "Marriott Rewards Platinum Visa Card" count towards the challenge?
Nope. They want to see your smiling face in a hotel.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by vilntrav
I was also asked to stay 12 nights, and I will stay 17. But I wonder if it is a good strategy, as I plan to stay again in Marriott properties in second semester and beginning of 2010. If I ask then for a Platinium challenge will they ask me for the same number of nights to spend if I just stayed the 12 required nights for gold challenge, or 5 less nights if I spent 5 more nights than what was required to accomplish the gold challenge ?
You cannot ask for another challenge within this year once you have submitted your request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.