Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Help me on the Timing on Earning Preference Changes?

Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, IGH Rewards Club Spire, HHonors Diamond

After I complete the 25 nights for the MegaBonus promotion, I want to switch my earning preference from points to miles and start getting stays under the MegaMiles promotion. I don't want to make this change, have my 25 night stay counted as one stay for MegaMiles, and fail to get the 50K bonus points for the 25 nights under the MegaBonus promotion. Any experienced insight on the timing of when to make the change to my earning preference would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Simply wait until you see the MegaBonus points post. It will happen right after the property posts your nights stay credit to MR. Typically it takes a couple of days after you check out.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, IGH Rewards Club Spire, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by keeton
Simply wait until you see the MegaBonus points post. It will happen right after the property posts your nights stay credit to MR. Typically it takes a couple of days after you check out.
Thanks for responding, but I guess I wasn't clear.

What I'm asking is to see if anyone has any experience switching their earning preference before a previous stay posts to the MR account. I'm hoping what matters is what you're signed up for when you check in and/or check out. I want to go from another Marriott property on day 26 or 27 after getting my 25 nights under the MegaBonus promotion. Otherwise I have to wait a week before I can start working on my stays for the MegaMiles promotion and I might not have enough time to max out on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.