Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by nacho
I would like to make use of this BOGO in an upcoming trip to the US late March/early April!
Whatever you do, don't hold your breath. If/when EEOs are restored - my over/under is August 15, 2012. That's my optimistic view - we're talking Marriott here people.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Whatever you do, don't hold your breath. If/when EEOs are restored - my over/under is August 15, 2012. That's my optimistic view - we're talking Marriott here people.
Marriott is still better than Priority Club
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by nacho
Marriott is still better than Priority Club

Agreed, but PC really impressed me on Monday. They released the PB list and I was trying to book a room, but wasn't in there system yet at the 5K rate.

Asked for them to advance me the points to book it and they then they could make a note and comeback and fix it when the rooms where released and take the points back. Was told "No way" and I responded this isn't how Marriott would handle this that's why they get 90% of my business. It was there mistake that they released the list prior to loading into the system and they should do this. Spoke to a SUP who promised to call me right away when the rooms came up in the system instead. Fair enough, but to me that's just average service. Gave her my phone number.

I must have struck a nerve. About a hour later she calls me back and tells me that it's going to be a while before the the rooms are in the system. She advanced me the points and will take them back once she can switch the res to the 5k point break. I was VERY IMPRESSED!!! I'm only a gold with them and barely spend anything there. Pretty much a nobody, but they stepped up anyway.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Let's stay on-topic, please.

Bruce
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
My answers in bold above.

Cheers.
To the Marriott Market Research folks:
I agree with all of Sharon's answers with the added comment that the list of non-participating properties got too long. at the end. I would hope you'd at least leave a few options open in every major city since a lot of us live near these cities and this sometimes is the only place we have time for a weekend getaway.

And I would like to have at least 2 BOGOs per quarter, preferrably not split between different brands like they were before, but I'll take that if that's all I can get.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Just bring them back.......

As to PC, whether or not the service mentioned is the norm or a fluke, the fact is that they have about 5 - 6 times a year properties that go for 5K PC points. They even sell the points at .06 cents/point, so that whacks up to $30/night.

I'm not saying that you are staying at the Ritz, but they have significantly upgraded their product and cut out those properties that were really old/awful, so that if a property works for you, it is a great deal.

Now, I would like to see Marriott step up to the plate and give us word as to how/when/in what form we will see the EEOs revived, as they already said as much to us. @:-)
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Just bring them back.......

Now, I would like to see Marriott step up to the plate and give us word as to how/when/in what form we will see the EEOs revived, as they already said as much to us. @:-)
Amen! Just bring them back and fast.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Renard
Amen! Just bring them back and fast.
My money's on summer at the earliest.

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
Originally Posted by OU812
Marriott Rewards has to address a lot of other stakeholders before they concern themselves with providing us with something we want. If the revised program doesn't work for any of these stakeholders it will have restrictions to make those stakeholders happy, its that simple. When the details are finally released, the new BOGO cert program will probably have numerous rules, stipulations, and exceptions that will probably make them harder to use and definitely harder to give to friends, family and co-workers! (Based on one of the main reasons the BOGO bene was eliminated in the first place.)

Just to speculate, would you still consider the BOGO certificates a significant benefit if the new certificates:

MY THOUGHTS, FWIW:
1) Are one certificate per elite, per quarter, one time use per quarter via deposit in your MR account?

that's fine....

2) Could be booked with any publicly available rate, including packages?

IIRC it is already usable with any rate, including packages, as i've done that numerous times in the past...sometimes they even gave me the package stuff (ie, 2 giftcards on a shopping package, which was probably not the correct way, but i asked, the GSA asked the manager and the answer was yes..)

3) Could be booked at any Marriott branded property (JW, Marriott, Ren, CY, RI, FFI, SHS) except resorts?

That's fine but i would rather ditch the Select Service brands in favor of resorts....

4) Require booking at least 14 days in advance, full prepayment of the rate + tax after BOGO is applied, with no cancellation, changes or refunds?

Nope...not prepaying....sometimes there are times when i need to cancel

5) No Marriott Rewards points are earned for the BOGO stay and no elite night credit, or other elite benefits are provided?

no way. i am OK with only getting night's credit for the paid night, but to get NO benefits? Nope...I am LT Plat...I've earned them....

6) Can only be used by friends/family if the elite member makes the reservation for them by calling the appropriate elite line?

doesn't matter either way....i really don't have anyone to give it to

7) Are capacity controlled by the individual hotels so that availability in prime locations is rare at best?

Nope...if this is a "reward" for loyalty, then let us use it...and honestly I would ditch the exclusions for properties like NYCMQ,etc

Feel free to provide any additions.

Regards,

RIP...
Prepaying is not a good option for me....one reason i rarely use the opaque sites....

And I agree with Sharon...not that I ever get anyplace 'international' but one of these days...it would be nice to have that as an option.....

I hope they come back, and fast.....miss them
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
I was just checking in, hopefully they will be restored soon. Almost LT Plat here with 0 nights in a Marriott this year, I am sticking to no Marriott stays (Except reward stays) until the EEOs are restored. For now, I will continue to book all of my paid stays away from Marriott.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Marriott Concierge - can you please give us an update on this? We've been waiting many months now. Hope you've almost got something nice worked out that will be good for us and the hotels.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Marriott Concierge - can you please give us an update on this? We've been waiting many months now. Hope you've almost got something nice worked out that will be good for us and the hotels.
The woman in charge of the program said a month ago they were trying to meet w/ mgmt sometime in Feb to present their ideas for '12 BOGOs, and then had to wait to see if they ok'd it or wanted changes. I'm not expecting to hear before end of March & then not expecting it to take effect until summer or autumn. So I doubt MarriottConcierge knows anything.

Cheers.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Maybe they have their hands full trying to react to SPG's changes and this became lower on the list...
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:22 pm

I miss the program too- I used them to extend some of my business trips to build in some sightseeing. I would not use the program if I had to prepay.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:34 pm

It would be nice if we had something official here--like, We are working on it, we will update you next month, we are never bringing them back. Just something. Some of us got screwed when we planned on using them last year when they "postponed" them (Yes I realize they were not guaranteed) But ANY official info would be helping. yes I know I am asking for a lot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.