Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Poinsett, Greenville, SC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Poinsett, Greenville, SC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:42 pm
Suspended

I was there for a night a few weeks ago. Paid the lowest rate possible. They upgraded me to a "King Executive Suite"--without me even asking. The room was fantastic, but not without its faults. Thought the living room in the suite was too dark to even read or do work. Furniture in that room was very uncomfortable. Ended up spending the majority of my time in the bedroom part of the suite (very comfortable!). Also, the "heavenly bathroom" was anything but heavenly. Shower pressure too low, and shower head too short. Bathroom soaps/amenities were pretty weak.

All in all, complains aside, just a fantastic property. Loved it, and will definitely come back.

I agree with you: these old properties just having something newer ones miss! (Which is why I didn't enjoy my Aloft in Asheville stay the following three nights.)
Old Sep 23, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold, JetBlue, Marriott Silver, Hilton Honors
Will be staying here this Thursday night. How is the hotel bar for NFL football games? Anything good close by to catch the game?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 4:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wouldn't think of the hotel bar as a sports bar.

However, it's right in the center of Greenville, so there must be several sports bars along the front street within a few blocks.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Krankenfaren
Will be staying here this Thursday night. How is the hotel bar for NFL football games? Anything good close by to catch the game?
Carolina Ale House is accross the street. (Not my favorite for food--but great for sports).

The hotel bar, as well as the bar/restaurant attached downstairs are not ideal for watching sports.

As for my experience at the hotel, it is similar to what most have experienced. I have stayed three times at a low corp rate, and all three times I have been upgraded. Each time the GM sent little snack basket with a nice note. (I am not even a 50 night Plat yet).

The gym is small, but I have never seen it to be crowded. The cardio equipment is newer than any I have seen at any other property.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:22 am

Any recent stays here? How does it compare to the Aloft which has a rooftop pool?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta Flyer
Odd breakfast lounge

10 open tables for breakfast buffet, harried reception... 15 minute wait due to “2 reservations” ... not exactly a hot breakfast spot in town for non-guests. Too few servers ... unfortunate when hotel no doubt knew full booking in advance. Beautiful old style hotel and location can’t be beat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.