Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Properties which offer extra perks to titaniums ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:44 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum

I will be hitting this status soon. Which properties offer extra perks?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
RCs for upgrades.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:49 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Some posters mentioned some specific hotel give perks . So perhaps we can dedicate this thread for those perks?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
Lounge access, upgrades if available, more points. Maybe a fruit tray and if very lucky (Westin Langkawi) a bottle of wine. Enjoy your new status!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Then you're mostly in the realm of unpublished discretionary perks that will also depend on previous stays at the property such as a bottle of wine or welcome treat amenity delivered to the room, a welcome note, perhaps a policy of not charging for parking, etc. YMMV.

Tits *should* have higher priority for upgrades, early arrival rooms, and late checkout in places (resorts etc.) where it's not guaranteed but YMMV.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
Sorry, it took me a few minutes to look up “YMMV”....but agree, especially when you couple starus with a nice email to the hotel ahead of stay!

i booked Le Meridian Kl just for the perks (and the $75 rate)

Enjoy the status!
jonisflying likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Officially, the Marriott Bonvoy Terms & Condition document does not differentiate between Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, and Ambassador Elite when it comes to the "Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrade" benefit — except that "at The Ritz-Carlton, suites are only included for Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite Members."

However, I would like to think that well-run properties take guests' Elite tiers into account when determining upgrades. I would like think that being Titanium Elite increases my chance of a good upgrade over Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members — and it does not bother me that relatively rare Ambassador Elite members would have an advantage over me.

The front desk at the Hong Kong Sheraton told me they take the Elite tier into account when providing upgrades. I booked the cheapest room category. As a Titanium Elite, we were given a room with wonderful view across Victoria Harbour, but we were not offered a suite. Supposedly, our upgrade would not have been as good if I were Platinum Elite and could have been better if I had been Ambassador Elite.

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London has long had a policy of providing access to its magnificent Chambers Club to those staying in regular Barlow Wing rooms ONLY at the 75-night+ Elite level (old Platinum Elite before 8/18/2018, then Platinum Premier Elite, now Titanium Elite). The Chambers Club is considered a private club for Chambers Club suite guests, not an executive lounge.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Individual hotels track guests based on how frequent they stay at their property. They have top 50 lists of guests by nights stayed per year. I would expect some hotels to upgrade a top 50 guest who is platinum over a titanium with significantly less stays.

Other properties like the Tysons Corner Marriott also track when formerly frequent guests stop staying for an extended period. I have twice gotten junior suite upgrades for stays which occurred after not going to their property for over a year. Each upgraded stay to a junior suite was after a long period of not staying there. I was as a platinum a few years ago which would be a titanium now. Tysons Corner Marriott only has a few full size suites, and they did not give junior suite upgrades to platinum members back then on a regular basis when I was staying frequently with them.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I find that many hotels will leave an extra "treat" in the room upon arrival. Some recent examples include a half bottle of red wine and chocolate at the Sheraton Stockholm, a box of chocolate truffles at the Palazzo Naiadi and several kinds of sweets (fudge, toffee, cocoa-powdered almonds) plus fancy sparkling waters at the Marriott Maida Vale.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by jtwiz
I find that many hotels will leave an extra "treat" in the room upon arrival.
Ah, chocolates and wine? You actually meant it. The quotes had me thinking that you were referring to the clumps of hair I find in the beds, leftover food scattered all over the floor, and used, uh, stuff, that I tend to find as my "welcome amenity" in plenty of Marriott rooms. A "treat" indeed.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Ah, chocolates and wine? You actually meant it. The quotes had me thinking that you were referring to the clumps of hair I find in the beds, leftover food scattered all over the floor, and used, uh, stuff, that I tend to find as my "welcome amenity" in plenty of Marriott rooms. A "treat" indeed.
Ha, FTers never disappoint!

Yes, I really did mean it - some hotels get it. They go out of their way to ensure their elite customers that spend a ton of nights on the road have a little something extra welcoming them to the property.

On the other hand, I was in a property earlier this year (not part of Marriott however, it was a FS Hilton in Orlando...) where there were a TON of dead bugs in my room. It was absolutely disgusting. Not the "treat" I was looking for when I checked in. So yeah, I know what you mean.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:50 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

I meant more stuff like this

QUOTE=PrancingPonyGoldMember;31490145]It also depends where you stay. In the US I rarely see a difference, but I've noticed some luxury properties in Europe add extra unadvertised perks for Titanium members. For example, the Palazzo Naidi in Rome allows you to order anything off the menu for breakfast in addition to the buffet, and the St. Pancras Renaissance in London grants Chamber's Club access to Titanium but not Platinum if you're in a standard room.[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:13 pm

Yup - I think people have mentioned both of the examples I gave there further up the thread. As they said, these are all at the discretion of the property and unadvertised, so they might change at any time. The only way you're going to hear about them is when someone with Titanium status stays there.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Marriott Cancun

Provided me with surprises throughout my stay in July such as complimentary appetizers when dining or the drink of the day while lounging poolside. Along with these I was thanked for my loyalty. A very nice gesture and touch.

Additionally, I believe there was a discount of 10% or so on non-alcoholic beverage purchases at the on site shop.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by VA1379
Individual hotels track guests based on how frequent they stay at their property. They have top 50 lists of guests by nights stayed per year. I would expect some hotels to upgrade a top 50 guest who is platinum over a titanium with significantly less stays.

Very true. I was once a top 5 guest at a property and they offered to let me pick a room and they'd always make it available, sent a six pack to my room on arrival and reserved parking spot. I once called them when travel plans changed at last minute and they said "Just show up anytime and we'll have a room for you..."

OTOH, stayed at the SKYZ in Kampala and even as a Lifetime Titanium Elite they could not figure out how to add my BonVoy number to my stay since corporate travel booked it. No perks either, but the staff was very nice and helpful and the property enjoyable. Will see what happens as travel will now add my number at time of booking.

Last edited by jlc1978; Sep 7, 2019 at 7:07 am Reason: update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.