Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Hawaii (all islands)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Hawaii (all islands)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
Anyone with the latest tips on Marriott redemption options in Maui for 3 days beach break post 2 weeks of travelling around the islands in late April. Weighing up between the Wailea Beach Marriott, Sheraton Maui, Westin Maui or the newer (but slightly less luxury) AC. Hear conflicting guidance both looking online and from others about the best option, newest rooms etc. so any guidance on here would be very welcome!
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
We have an upcoming family trip to Oahu. Me, wife and two kids (7 and 10). Looking to book a room on points, with SNAs applied (with no expectations).

What's the best family resort on Oahu? I'm currently holding a room at the Royal Hawaiian, but I'm questioning the need to be in Honolulu, as we probably want to explore the island more than be in a city.

I have limited expectations of upgrades, but a good free breakfast would be a big plus. We'll probably have a rental car. Not paying too much for parking would be good too.

Last edited by flyerbjorn; Apr 14, 2022 at 5:48 pm
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:04 pm

Looking to go in August 2022 with 2 adults; 2 kids (7/9). We will need connecting rooms.

We care mostly about pool and beach. Outdoors versus the room. Would rather not have to fight for chairs, but understand its going to be busy.

I will be in a king connecting to 2 queens.

Choosing between:
-The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort
-Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui
-Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa

Thoughts? How would you rank the 3 resorts?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn

I have limited expectations of upgrades, but a good free breakfast would be a big plus. We'll probably have a rental car. Not paying too much for parking would be good too.
AFAIK, there is no such thing anymore at these properties: Sheraton Waikiki, Moana Surfrider, Princess Kaiulani and Waikiki Marriott. Have a look at the individual threads.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
We have an upcoming family trip to Oahu. Me, wife and two kids (7 and 10). Looking to book a room on points, with SNAs applied (with no expectations). What's the best family resort on Oahu? I'm currently holding a room at the Royal Hawaiian, but I'm questioning the need to be in Honolulu, as we probably want to explore the island more than be in a city. I have limited expectations of upgrades, but a good free breakfast would be a big plus. We'll probably have a rental car. Not paying too much for parking would be good too.
Perhaps the RI in Kapolei (west of HNL) could work. No annoying resort fees, $25/nite parking in a suburban location just off the H1 freeway. Breakfast for all without any begging for vouchers. Awards run 40-60k points per night. They have 1 and 2 br suites but I don't know if SNAs apply to those.
Old May 3, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tanic
Perhaps the RI in Kapolei (west of HNL) could work. No annoying resort fees, $25/nite parking in a suburban location just off the H1 freeway. Breakfast for all without any begging for vouchers. Awards run 40-60k points per night. They have 1 and 2 br suites but I don't know if SNAs apply to those.
Thanks for the tip. We ended up going with the RI, as a convenient location to explore the island. SNAs cleared 5 days in advance for a 2 bedroom suite.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:16 pm

Hawaii - Christmas, 2023

Hi all - I'm trying to set up a trip to Hawaii for Christmas break at the end of 2023. Looking at Bonvoy options and pretty much everything we are interested in is sold out through dec 23 and then not available yet after that. Are these actually sold out or am I looking too early? Any tips for finding some availability? If I'm too late, when do you need to book for christmas trips? thanks
Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by freshmanjs
Hi all - I'm trying to set up a trip to Hawaii for Christmas break at the end of 2023. Looking at Bonvoy options and pretty much everything we are interested in is sold out through dec 23 and then not available yet after that. Are these actually sold out or am I looking too early? Any tips for finding some availability? If I'm too late, when do you need to book for christmas trips? thanks
Are you looking at cash rates or with Bonvoy points?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Are you looking at cash rates or with Bonvoy points?
Both, but appreciate any suggestions on the right timing to book either way. Prefer to use points
Old Jan 5, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
How long of a stay? What island? What properties? Are you looking at flexible date calendars for each property on one night stays to see true availability on a month view for each night?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 9:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by freshmanjs
You are looking too early.

Even the Courtyard by Marriott in Fresno is not yet available for check-ins after December 21, 2023. That doesn't mean that it's sold out because of Christmas. It means that you can normally book most Marriott properties around 50 weeks ahead, just as you can book most airlines around 330 days ahead.

You haven't missed the opportunity to take a Hawaii vacation at the end of 2023.

Aloha!
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:45 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I checked the flexible rate calendar for Sheraton Waikiki, and yes, dates on 12/24 and after are listed as "Rate Not Available" which is different than the typical "Not Available for Check-In" message.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Too early ... check again in a few weeks.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: AC*SE MM , Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I checked the flexible rate calendar for Sheraton Waikiki, and yes, dates on 12/24 and after are listed as "Rate Not Available" which is different than the typical "Not Available for Check-In" message.
I just got back from staying at the Marriott in Ko Olina. I couldn't book it until September. They didn't release availibility until then. Same thing when we went 5 years ago. I got 10 nights for a total of 385000 Bonvoy points. A 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen, dining room, and living room. It's a MVC property so no Bonvoy perks for status.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:42 pm

Hawaii Hotels - which one compares to four seasons?

I usually stay at four seasons in Maui, however, have about 320k points and could stay 5 nights somewhere. Wondering what properties compare?

We are 2 mid 30s adults who just want to relax by the pool (adults only), drink, eat good food, and go to the beach 1-2 days.

- I looked at the ritz and it seems iffy. No beach which isn’t a deal breaker but also no adult pool.
- Marriott Wailea seems like a lot of kids around and rooms don’t look as nice.

We are also open to other islands. Just nothing really jumps out for Marriott properties for luxury, romantic, no kid vibes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.