Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Upgraded wireless Internet is complimentary in your guest room, and Gold Elite members enjoy a 10 percent discount on all purchases in our BLVD shop.

Executive Lounge – located on the 4th floor of the hotel, our Executive Lounge is open Monday through Friday 6:30am- 10am for breakfast. We are happy to provide breakfast for two at Glance, (previously called Ford's Filling Station), the lobby level restaurant on Saturday and Sunday.

Activities – the following amenities are offered at the hotel:

· Pool Deck, 4th floor open daily from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.

· The Ritz-Carlton Spa, 2nd floor open daily from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.

· Fitness Center, 2nd floor is open 24 hours

Destination Fee

The $30+taxes destination fee includes the following amenities - redeemable via the passport they hand you at check-in:
  • Premium internet (with a special code instead of logging in with name/room number)
  • $20 food and beverage credit daily [resets at 12pm according to reports]
  • "Wine tasting" from 4:30-5pm at the hotel restaurant (choice of house wines, either 2 half glasses of white and red, or 1 glass of white or red)
  • Admission to the Grammy Museum
  • Free small popcorn at Regal theater (requires coupon from front desk)
  • 1 hour of bowling at Lucky Strike between 4-6pm (once per stay)
The hotel current does not provide an alternate amenity for elites to replace the premium internet included in the destination fee.

To get acquainted with the exciting recreation, entertainment, attractions and shopping options on and around the hotel, please visit: www.lalivemarriott.com
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
That hotel is used for many VIP's so it may be leaving some rooms open with anticipation of VIP's arriving during your stay. That hotel is where almost all opposing teams for MLB, NBA, NHL stay as well as many events like the Emmys. Recently I couldn't even walk through the lobby (which I often do) because it was mostly being used for the MLB All Star players and staff. Not sure what is going on now though. (I live 2 blocks away)
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by wingless
That hotel is used for many VIP's so it may be leaving some rooms open with anticipation of VIP's arriving during your stay. That hotel is where almost all opposing teams for MLB, NBA, NHL stay as well as many events like the Emmys. Recently I couldn't even walk through the lobby (which I often do) because it was mostly being used for the MLB All Star players and staff. Not sure what is going on now though. (I live 2 blocks away)
If I were a VIP I'd insist on the Ritz. On its best day, the JW is barely mediocre.
Seat 1F likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
Staying here for four nights

at check in was told that the lounge was still closed

instead buffet breakfast is offered in the lobby restaurant

as a platinum was told no suites available for upgrade for my length of stay even though marriott app clearly showed availability and given a king room on the 17th floor with a city view which is what I had booked.

also was not offered a welcome gift at checkin

Had to follow up after check in about the welcome gift and was told first that a 4 pm late checkout was proactively offered and that was my gift. Then told I was already offered breakfast and I advised them that breakfast was offered in lieu of lounge being closed. Finally they said that I had already been offered the points, even though there was no mention of this at checkin and technically I should have been given a choice between points or the 10 dollar food and beverage credit

30 daily destination fee is charged with a 20 dollar food and beverage credit which can be used at hotel restaurants as well as some other minor benefits such as free daily popcorn at the movie theater across the street, entry to the Grammy museum, morning yoga, wine tasting and bowling.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm considering a stay there in early September. Is the $20 F&B credit per day, or one credit per stay? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:06 am

once per day

the day starts noon of your checkin date to noon of your next day and does not carry over if you do not use it but all the restaurant items including the grab and go coffee shop are ridiculously overpriced

Originally Posted by OMCA
Thanks for the feedback. I'm considering a stay there in early September. Is the $20 F&B credit per day, or one credit per stay? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:09 am

There is a pac 12 media event going on at the hotel that started yesterday so that’s probably why there was no upgrade per your theory

Originally Posted by wingless
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
There is a pac 12 media event going on at the hotel that started yesterday so that’s probably why there was no upgrade per your theory
That would be the Pac 12 minus 2
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by Kacee
That would be the Pac 12 minus 2
LA. Curious choice of location...
Kacee likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
LA. Curious choice of location...
"Hey guys - let's meet in Pullman next time!"

David
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
"Hey guys - let's meet in Pullman next time!"
Or Phoenix in July!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Or Ann Arbor...
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Or Ann Arbor...
...in January.

David
Old Oct 7, 2022, 10:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
I had an one night stay a few weeks ago. Used a SNA and was confirmed into a junior suite. The junior suite I got was a corner room, with a L-shaped arrangement. According to my friend who is staying in a standard room, the bathroom is larger with a double sink, and the room is larger.

Check-in was pretty straight forward. Went through all the usual spiel, and was offered a choice of points of F&B credit. The front desk clerk also presented a passbook that can be used for all the items included in the destination fee. There was no replacement amenity for Platinum and above, even when I asked about it and pointed out that this was in the Bonvoy T&C. The manager responded in an email that "they are not a participatory property". There was no response to my rebuttal.

The lounge is open for breakfast only on a weekday. The selection of food was excellent - there was a breakfast bagel sandwich that was monitored by a kitchen staff (someone in a chef's coat), along with a quiche. A good selections of baked goods, cereal, oatmeal, overnight oats, and fruit.

Valet parking was straight forward. The drop off is in front of the hotel, but the pickup spot is down in the lower parking level. Be aware that it does take 15 minutes to get your car.

The wine tasting from 4:30-5pm is 2 half glasses of wine (white and red), or 1 full glass. The provided wines were an Italian Grillo and Meiomi pinot noir. The first (and only) bottle of Folie a Deux pinot noir was corked. The bar staff were extremely friendly, and the drinks were in line with LA pricing ($15-17 for wine and cocktail).

Overall, the hotel was great, with the annoyance of the $30 destination charge and the lack of desire to provide an alternative amenity.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
This hotel is a joke.

My stay included $70 F&B credit and this was the only option open at 4pm. The place was packed and it was hard to find a seat. There was a birthday party taking up several tables including a table just for presents and there were a lot of guests here just hanging out, not eating or drinking adding to the problem. Eventually I found a seat at the bar, but this was probably the worst place to sit- people were ordering and reaching over me the entire time.

The food, drink and service were fantastic though.

Last edited by nexus7556; Dec 11, 2022 at 8:58 am
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I'll take "Love to Hear the Other Side of the Story" for $1,000, Alex.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 3:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
Parking recommendations please

I will be staying here for 3 nights in May and am wondering if there are cheaper parking options around the hotel. I saw that the SpotAngels app has a recommendation for a parking garage opposite that charges $28 per night and also saw a TripAdvisor review saying that there is free parking along the road, which seems too good to be true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.