Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 2:57 pm

I got a room at the Renaissance on the 24th floor (26 floors in total) and was not impressed at all by the mattresses. They possibly only give out the Swedish stuff on floor 25-26. Too bad I missed out on this.

The East Side one is indeed a very nice place. I stayed there 4 yrs ago and we got a beautiful and large room, much better then what we found at the other 2 properties.

John
Old Jan 6, 2004, 3:15 pm

Wish I could agree with you about the Marriott East Side but my husband, daughter and I stayed there the Friday & Sat of Thanksgiving wekend a few years ago on a Rewards Stay and this is what we got.
1. Reservation made 10 months in advance. Requested a room with 2 dbl beds. At check in were told "Sorry nothing with two dbls available for you". Got the definite impression that if I had been a "Paying customer" there would have been a room with two dbl beds. Put in the smallest hotel room I have ever seen with one dbl bed. They brought in a cot for my daughter. The only place to put the cot was to open the closet doors and put part of the cot into the closet. The rest of the cot actually blocked off the door to the room. If there had been a fire we would have had to fold up the cot and moved it before we could have gotten out. We were awakened at 4:30 AM by the sounds of things being thrown at the wall in the room next to ours. Two "gentlemen of a certain persuasion" were engaged in a screaming arguement over which one of them was the bigger B____. Called security and then remained awake for the next 45 minutes while security attempted to referee the arguement. Finally got back to sleep at 6 AM to be awakened at 6:15 with the fire alarm going off followed a few minutes later with the loud speaker announcement that it was a false alarm.
2. The following night we were awakened at midnight by the sounds of lot of laughing and shouting in the hallway. Got up, moved my daughter, moved the cot and opened the door to look out. Several young ladies in the room across the hall from ours had their cot out in the hallway and were taking turns pushing it down the hall with the other girls piled on it laughing and screaming when the cot hit the walls. A threat to call security put a end to that and it was back to bed. Sunday morning we went down for breakfast leaving our luggage in the room. Check out was 11 AM if I recall. At 10:45 we went back up to get our luggage so we could check out only to find that they had deactivated our electronic room key (Note this was 15 minutes prior to check out time). Husband had to go downstairs and stand in line at the registration desk for 20 minutes in order to get the key re-set so we could get our luggage out. Absolutely in the top 10 of worst hotel stays we have ever had. I even wrote to the hotel manager summarizing our bad experiences but of course never heard back from anyone.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 3:03 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
How's the NY Courtyard Manhattan/Midtown East?

Headed there next weekend for a long weekend.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 7:42 pm
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
If this is the one just South of Times Square, it's ok. I was fortunate enough to be staying there during the NE power black-out last year. In any event, it's a great location, rooms are a bit small (although typical for NYC), free coffee in the lobby (small though it is), there's a small restaurant (breakfast only?) and bar, 2 elevators, and that's about it.

It's location is without question it's most redeeming quality.

Old Jan 21, 2004, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NYC - Time Square Marriott...any deals?

My wife and I are going to NYC sometime during Mar 20-Mar 26th but WOW are the prices high for hotels.

I tried using the "NPR" rate code when pricing and found a 155.00 rate at the Courtyard Time Square south but the following came up:

INCENTIVE AWARD - ANYDAY * DOUBLE/DOUBLE ROOM (2 DOUBLE BEDS) *** DO NOT CONFIRM THIS RATE TO THE GUEST ***

Anybody know what will happen if I book this? Or know of any better deals in Time square?

Thanks
annerj
Old Jan 22, 2004, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Jan 22, 2004, 5:43 am

I tried to do a fast check for you on the website using all of the codes I've had success with in the past, and no deals came up at all. (I think it's part of the website "glitch" thats been complained about in another thread.)

I've been able to secure rates of $189 at the Marriott Marquis and Renaissance in NY recently; unfortunately, couldn't find that for you. (The best I could do was $199 and it didn't apply for your dates.)

I do have a $25 off or 2500 point coupon I'd be happy to give you that is valid at the Marriott Marquis for the dates of your stay. Not much help, I know, but better than nothing.

And by the way, the new elevators at the Marquis are working....albeit not totally efficient yet, I will say that when they DO arrive at your floor, they are lightning fast and very smooth and quiet. Staff there was very pleasant and friendly as well on my latest visit.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:
Unless you are able to produce the "incentive award" your rate would be changed to the going rate at checkin....</font>
Glad I asked...I didn't know there was a paper award for this...just thought it was a discount code. Anyway thanks for the info!!
Old Jan 22, 2004, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyerwife:
[B]I do have a $25 off or 2500 point coupon I'd be happy to give you that is valid at the Marriott Marquis for the dates of your stay. Not much help, I know, but better than nothing.[B]</font>
If this is something that you are not going to use I would love it...
[email protected]

Thanks!!!
Old Jan 22, 2004, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
While we're on this topic, a big bronx cheer to marriott for the BOGUS "Save with Super Sunday Nights in New York City" which apparently does not apply to February 15.

As if the city is going to be sold out due to the monday holiday. More likely that many fewer business people will be traveling.

For those of you who wish to try other weekends, the online promo code is D51 (or quote Code XXBD by phone). Supposedly provides Sunday night rates of $99-179 through 3/31/04.

Addendum: it appears that Code NPR (Entertainment Book) offers the lowest rates, e.g. $129 at the Courtyard Times Square and $149 at the Marriott East Side or Courtyard East. If that doesn't work, you can always try the CIT or AOL codes which pull up a rate of $199 at several NYC properties.

[This message has been edited by Boraxo (edited Jan 22, 2004).]
Old Jan 22, 2004, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:54 pm

Boraxo,

If you are using an American Express card, code LPR will get you the following rates in NYC on Feb 15:

Courtyard Manhattan $89
Marriott East Side $99
Righa Royal $179
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:21 pm
Cam

Programs: ACMM, Hilton Diamond, IEEE, PTC, CPS, CSBC, USBI
Downtown NYC Options

I've never stayed at a NYC Marriott before. My wife and I would like to travel from Vancouver to NYC for a few days at the end of March, early April, to take in some plays.

Anyone have recommendations for a Marriott or Marriott-affiliated hotel near the Algonquin Hotel or NYC Yacht Club that wouldn't cost a million points (3-4 nights mid-week)?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:34 pm

I'm confused. The Algonquin is in Midtown, not downtown.

But a search will tell you more about the NYC Marriott properties than you would ever want to know.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:41 pm
Cam

Programs: ACMM, Hilton Diamond, IEEE, PTC, CPS, CSBC, USBI
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
I'm confused. The Algonquin is in Midtown, not downtown.
</font>
Sorry - I meant near the NYC Yacht Club and the Algonquin hotel which I've been led to believe are close to each other. We have to attend an event at the Yacht Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.