Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Timeshare offer: 5 nights for $748 total @ Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort, Maui

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timeshare offer: 5 nights for $748 total @ Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by controller1
You need get out more often.
I think you mean the OP has to stay in more often. People who get out and participate in life miss these things.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I think you mean the OP has to stay in more often. People who get out and participate in life miss these things.
lol

I think one can do both!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AC 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, National Exec Elite
Just finished staying here last week and supposed to get 5000 star points for stay bonus plus 7000 star points for going through their sales presentation, so total 12000 star points. They said it should post within 4-6 weeks. Now, everybody might notice the systems change this weekend and star points to Marriott points transferred... Should I be worried the 12000 star points won't post anymore? If it posts, will it still post as 36000 Marriott points (post-conversion)?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingTomboy
Just finished staying here last week and supposed to get 5000 star points for stay bonus plus 7000 star points for going through their sales presentation, so total 12000 star points. They said it should post within 4-6 weeks. Now, everybody might notice the systems change this weekend and star points to Marriott points transferred... Should I be worried the 12000 star points won't post anymore? If it posts, will it still post as 36000 Marriott points (post-conversion)?
You shouldn't worry. Vistana is very reputable and I've never had promised Starpoints not post. When they post you should see a posting of 36,000 Marriott Points.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, National Exec Elite
You shouldn't worry. Vistana is very reputable and I've never had promised Starpoints not post. When they post you should see a posting of 36,000 Marriott Points.
So you think SPG/Marriott would still have the old SPG member number to link it back to me and tagged to the new SPG member number? I ask because it was the old number during the stay.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:42 am

So you think SPG/Marriott would still have the old SPG member number to link it back to me and tagged to the new SPG member number? I ask because it was the old number during the stay.
I think you'll be fine. On the "new" SPG website, after login you are still able to see the former number so SPG has the ability.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I think you'll be fine. On the "new" SPG website, after login you are still able to see the former number so SPG has the ability.
you can log in?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers
you can log in?
Yes. I've not merged my accounts. I can log into my Marriott account. I can also log into my Starwood account where I see my new Starwood number and my previous number.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Per my post above, I disagree 100% about Vistana, and specifically how they refuse to take responsibility for crediting points for presentations. Instead they simply refer you back to the property, which is not too useful when you are dealing with Mexico (maybe better for sales in Maui but not too impressed with that operation either). It took multiple calls, letters and finally a lawyer letter to get my 10k points. YMMV

That being said I don't think you will have any trouble on the conversion as 12k old SPG = 36k Marriott and they can map your old SPG # to your Marriott account.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:07 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by brp
Forgot to report back. Our parking fee was waived because we had booked before they instituted this. But, if it is disclosed, pretty sure it will be hard to dodge. I was told that this is temporary as they are building a parking structure and, once that is done, they will have self-parking. Not sure when that will be. Also, while the elite benefits are not guaranteed, we were given a preferred view room for being Gold. But it's luck of the draw.
It's about 1.5 or so miles away. A nice walk along the Beach Walk, but really only worth it if you don't need the car in any hurry.Cheers.
Checked in last night and glad to report that they honored the confirmation that the parking fee was included in the resort fee-my package as purchased almost exactly one year ago.

And, they are honoring the PLT benefits at least breakfast but didn't have an oceanview room available to UPG us to. Maybe today. UPDATE: given an oceanview king in the Sea building where the renovation is going on. A little noisy from 9am to 5pm which doesn't bother us as we're out most of the day anyway. Nice, bigger, but definitely in need of renovation. And throw out that mattress as it's old and worn out. Not so Heavenly.

That's all I was really interested in anyway.

Also, they started renov on the lobby area, so I recommend not coming here for some time. It's a construction zone. Of course, didn't hear a word about this other construction until we tried walking out the front door to get our car yesterday and they were closing everything off.

Last edited by rbAA; Aug 30, 2018 at 10:37 am
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: Starwood
Can someone please send me a referral for this resort or any others in Hawaii under the starwood or marriott brands....i am visiting hawaii next month and wont mind using a timeshare offer to test out properties we are interested in.

PS: been an FT member for about 12 years but old lurking login wont work...lol!!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:01 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Only problem was my 5k SPG points showed up as 5k MR points. Three calls needed to get this (started) corrected. You need to call the hotel concierge in order to correct this as both MR CS and Vistana couldn't do anything.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
If Vistana thinks that people will attend these worthless sales pitches for 10k MR points they will have a rude awakening. 10k SPG points was enough for 1/2 a night at many good SPG properties. 10k MR is worth far less on the upcoming 2019 chart. I'd imagine most people will be taking cash or cash equivalent now.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Preview invitation

Got an preview offer for this property.
- 5 Nights on Maui for $1,195 with 15 Months to Travel
Includes:
.- 6 Days + 5 Nights in a studio villa at The Westin Kāʻanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Plus your choice of one of the following:
15,000 Marriott Bonvoy® Points, OR a 6‑Day Avis® Rental Car, OR a $75 Resort Certificate for dining or select activities

Seems expensive considering its a preview invitation?
Thoughts/ experiences appreciated.
Thx
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like a significant discount vs regular rates - probably the most affordable way to do hawaii these days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.