Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Timeshare offer: 5 nights for $748 total @ Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort, Maui

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timeshare offer: 5 nights for $748 total @ Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by adamak
I've done this before. It's a good deal but I've difficulty booking the dates I want.
Agreed. You cannot confirm at the time you pay, but instead must call back after you get the materials. Peak dates are highly unlikely. However, it is still a good deal during offpeak months.

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I think the only "catch" might be that it probably won't be eligible for Starpoints and stay credit;
True. You will get no stay credit and only points for incidentals.

Originally Posted by D1andonlyDman
It's a timeshare sales pitch, but it's also an excellent deal. Basically, you're getting about $1500 worth of hotel for half the price, just for sitting through a 2 hour sales pitch.
False. It is not a timeshare pitch, there is no obligation at all. We declined to attend because the compensation was inadequate (many places offer $200 cash - in Cabo the price approaches $400). Personally I would not waste your time unless you are hurting for money.

One final note: Assuming you are not Plat, you will likely be assigned one of the more mediocre rooms unless you pay points or cash for an upgrade. See existing thread for details.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 6:16 am

Programs: AA, SPG, HH
Offpeak - I thought that did not apply to Hawaii

I have always heard that there is no such thing as off peak for Hawaii.

When is the best time to go/best likelihood of getting the dates you want for a timeshare stay/presentation?
Old Sep 24, 2008, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Peak is Xmas, summer, and to some extend December to April. Off peak is September thru mid-November. I think May is pretty slow, too.

Of course, these days everything is slow due to economics.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 2:12 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
We were hoping to get on this offer, but decided to go reward points with 5th night free at the westin resort since we're staying in april during easter week.

Have to book the flight now and hoping to use the 2:1 plat amex deal since that's terminating anyways in november.

Anyone with any success this amex travel in the past to get an offer directly without needing to wait for the materials to book?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Are there any offers for this property where you get SPG points for taking a tour (but do not have to stay there - we'll be staying at the Westin Maui).
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by yoshapman
Are there any offers for this property where you get SPG points for taking a tour (but do not have to stay there - we'll be staying at the Westin Maui).
Go see the concierge at the hotel, they'll happily get you booked for a tour...
Old May 6, 2015, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amazing how this offer is still available 7 years later for only $50 more! Mrs. Boraxo just received a 5N offer for an island-view studio @ SVO Maui for $798 - includes $185 for an Avis intermediate and 5k SPG. Parking is $10/nt but no bogus resort fee! Offer good for 12 mos

Funny how these offers seem to come like clockwork every year despite the admonition from our last SPG sales guy that we were limited to 1 per property. Right. According to materials the only limit is 1 per family per year.

Personally I'd much rather take the 5N/Hyatt Maui Resort offer or even the $499 studio/$599 1BR Marriott Maui timeshare offers, but beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited by Boraxo; May 6, 2015 at 11:32 pm
Old May 7, 2015, 9:07 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Of course, some of us get none of these offers! sigh.
Old May 28, 2015, 4:07 pm

Hi.... Is there someone who can send me a referral/invitation for the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas for July?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:09 am
DKH

Can someone offer me a referral for the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas? We are hoping to go in February.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: alaska mvp gold
Can someone invite me please? Looking to stay at Westin kaanapali in feb 2018 feel free to pm
Old May 23, 2017, 1:25 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alex Lucille
Can someone invite me please? Looking to stay at Westin kaanapali in feb 2018 feel free to pm
You might find contributing more to the community than one post asking for a referral will help

Last edited by markis10; Sep 29, 2017 at 5:22 pm Reason: Than not then
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:43 pm

Looking for a referral too! Please PM

Originally Posted by Alex Lucille
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by markis10
You might find contributing more to the community then one post asking for a referral will help
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:36 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Amazing how this offer is still available 7 years later for only $50 more! Mrs. Boraxo just received a 5N offer for an island-view studio @ SVO Maui for $798 - includes $185 for an Avis intermediate and 5k SPG. Parking is $10/nt but no bogus resort fee! Offer good for 12 mos
Now $679 with $185 towards Avis rental car and 5000 SPG pts. Haven't been to Maui in a while so took their offer for next March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.