Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Phoenix Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Phoenix Downtown [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA - Gold, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
I stayed at this property a few months back. Its a large convention center hotel that is very well maintained such that the place looks new or just refurbished.

There was a convention going on at the time but I was upgraded to a very pleasant two room suite (without me requesting a suite or an upgrade).

The club is a little small for the size of the hotel however this was never a problem during my 4 day stay. They have a Starbucks espresso machine in the lounge that I appreciated. The breakfasts I found to be good to very good. Some of the evening snack items on offer were excellent.

The hotel has one in house restaurant that I thought was far superior to the restaurants in most US Sheratons. There are a large number of other retaurant options nearby.

Overall a very nice property and I enjoyed my stay.
Thanks, do you know how the breakfast was at the lounge?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by chuckisduck
Thanks, do you know how the breakfast was at the lounge?
I remember breakfast as fine, but nothing special. It was the standard USA Sheraton lounge breakfast.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
We just stayed here last night. The night before, we stayed at the Westin Downtown, a couple of blocks away (need stay credits).

First, after staying at the Westin, this property was a letdown. It's a decent property but if I had a choice between the two properties at the same/close price, I'd always take the Westin.

We were upgraded to a 2 room suite on the top floor. Nice room but dated; needs a remodel. Everything was well maintained but had an 'older' look to the room.

The gym was great; lots of room. The pool is outside next to the gym. The pool is narrow; I didn't go in it. Jacuzzi looked good. There's an outside bar right next to the pool area.

The lounge was OK. Standard hors d'euvres. Breakfast was continental; we didn't eat there but instead opted for the restaurant (District American Kitchen). No hot breakfast in the lounge; offerings looked thin. Cold cereal, bread, fruit.

Excellent breakfast in the District American Kitchen. I had California Crab Benedict and my wife had Cinammon Roll French Toast. If you're looking for a big breakfast, don't have the Cinammon Roll French Toast. My wife liked it a lot and it was the right size for her.

Lobby area looked great; very nice and open.

Overall, it was a good experience. I just wish that we had stayed at the Sheraton before the Westin.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:54 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
One of the best Sheratons

Checked in at 12:30 AM. Was greeted as though it was 12:30 PM. Excellent check-in. Was upgraded to a suite on a high floor. Lots of room, 2 bathrooms, large closets, free Dasani water bottles. Very nice lobby. Continental breakfast was offered but I prefer Matt's or the other breakfast place I like that is near the Palomar. This is a nice Sheraton; would definitely stay here again.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Are there any nearby lower cost parking options for a Tues/Wed stay?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:52 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Are there any nearby lower cost parking options for a Tues/Wed stay?
Or a summer stay? There is a $59 AAA Hot Rate this week (nonrefundable). Is there free street parking in the summer?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:02 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Or a summer stay? There is a $59 AAA Hot Rate this week (nonrefundable). Is there free street parking in the summer?
There is free street parking a few blocks north.

BTW, SanDiego1K please let me know if you're coming to Phoenix.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Jun 30, 2014 at 12:15 pm
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:20 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
There is free street parking a few blocks north.

BTW, SanDiego1K please let me know if you're coming to Phoenix.
Very helpful. Thank you. And I will do. This week, I'm searching for friends.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Stayed here a few weeks ago and really liked it. Got the AAA $59 rate a room on the Club level, and enjoyed the lounge. Breakfast was ok but the afternoon happy hour was good, fruit, cheese, hot aps and no host bar, plus tons of sodas and cold water. They had a cool view of the ballpark. To bad you can't watch the game from there.

I wrote up a pretty detailed review here with photos, hope it helps.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Very helpful. I'll be staying there in next month. Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by stanj
Quote:

Originally Posted by rkaradi

I wrote up a pretty detailed review here with photos, hope it helps.

Very helpful. I'll be staying there in next month. Thanks!
You're welcome happy to help.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 5:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Explosions and electrical fires today close the hotel, likely for days

Downtown Phoenix hotel evacuated after explosions
believed to be caused by electrical fire issue

PHOENIX - Guests at the Sheraton hotel in downtown Phoenix were evacuated after several explosions were reported before 11 a.m. Saturday.

Phoenix Fire Department says crews arrived on scene of the two-alarm incident and later found after investigating that a fire had been contained in the electrical room by sprinklers.

Heavy smoke was seen on the lower floors and around the hotel due to the fire, but subsided after all power was cut from the building.

Phoenix Fire Department says the hotel is expected to be shut down for several days following the incident. . .

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...fter-explosion
News story just reported 800 guests displaced tonight.

Due to electrical fires, there is no power, so guests were required to evacuate around 11:00 AM, then hours later had to climb back up to their rooms (some 31-floors) to retrieve their luggage -- and then stairs back down.

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Oct 25, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Wow, glad everyone was okay minus the inconvenience factor. I hope they're able to reopen soon.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
The hotel said this afternoon that they expect to be closed through Wednesday.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/trave...sday/18022077/
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Glad everyone was okay. But the all important question...compensation???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.