Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
What suites are normally in the SNA pool? I'm not seeing the option on my upcoming reservation.
The highest I’ve seen here is the marvelous suite for SNA
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:50 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by myperks

The highest I’ve seen here is the marvelous suite for SNA
The last time I used SNAs at this property -- which was pre-Bonvoy, granted -- you could request SNAs for Fantastic Suites at best. I once cleared SNAs into a Fantastic Suite and the property gave me a further upgrade to a Marvelous Suite at check-in, but that was a goodwill gesture, not what was available to request SNAs for.

That said this property has historically been pretty good about elite treatment and fairly generous upgrades so hopefully that hasn't been beaten out of them by the forces of Bonvoy.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:50 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by bgriff
The last time I used SNAs at this property -- which was pre-Bonvoy, granted -- you could request SNAs for Fantastic Suites at best. I once cleared SNAs into a Fantastic Suite and the property gave me a further upgrade to a Marvelous Suite at check-in, but that was a goodwill gesture, not what was available to request SNAs for.

That said this property has historically been pretty good about elite treatment and fairly generous upgrades so hopefully that hasn't been beaten out of them by the forces of Bonvoy.
They're still generous with upgrades, but always to the fantastic suite. Never received anything higher. I'm pre-upgraded to a Fantastic for tomorrow but asked and hoping to see another suite time this time. Apparently Marvelous is in the SNA pool now but my Ambassador told me that there are blackout dates blocking my stay. Shrug.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by helvetic
They're still generous with upgrades, but always to the fantastic suite. Never received anything higher. I'm pre-upgraded to a Fantastic for tomorrow but asked and hoping to see another suite time this time. Apparently Marvelous is in the SNA pool now but my Ambassador told me that there are blackout dates blocking my stay. Shrug.
I wouldn't expect this to be a high occupancy for hotels in Hong Kong. In fact, one the big advantages of staying at the W is the airport train, and apparently it's been operating sporadically due to the protests. Recently it seemed worse with vandalism reported at stations and on the tracks.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Has the situation in HK somehow already brought down the stay price?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:11 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by spek
Has the situation in HK somehow already brought down the stay price?
I would think so. Especially considering just the volume of FlyerTalk members who’ve changed plans to avoid HK.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:08 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I would think so. Especially considering just the volume of FlyerTalk members who’ve changed plans to avoid HK.
Not really actually. Not all hotels are reacting to the lower occupancy by lowering prices. Turns out that demand is not that elastic, people who cancel based on unwarranted worries about safety won't be un-cancelling their plans due to lower prices. So hotels lowering prices doesn't actually increase revenue.

In my experiences, there certainly hasn't been peak pricing anywhere recently, but prices are still at their standard low season levels.

Depends on the hotel of course. The big western ones haven't moved much. Independents etc have moved more.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
FWIW, I've never seen as much availability on the associate and friends rates as I do now. And the rates I do see now are a little lower than what I've seen in the past.
bhrubin and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Just booked reservation 2 weeks out. Damn!! kicking myself for not doing it five days ago when I glanced at the pricing... Oh well... I've been staying there now for over 2 years.. Just hard to "justify with myself" staying somewhere else as they really do take care of repeating customers. I've been visiting nearly every 3-4 months for the past two years, and let's just "they always seems to remember me and even contact me in advance asking if I'm coming in early again (8 AM) and they will do their best to have a room ready for me.

Did the plunge and put in SNA again and have the fantastic and marvelous corner suites as options. Last two times I got upgraded into the WOW suite... Talk about being spoiled... and man was it a WOW too!!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
The HK W is my favorite, followed by Shanghai (close second) and Barcelona (distant third).

I go to Shanghai about as often as you go to HK. I loved my huge room overlooking the Bund on the 38th floor and mentioned it so now they put me in the same room.

Breakfast at HK is pretty great, too with nice views.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:45 pm

@DMSFCA Love the Sunday all you can eat/drink Brunch at W HK!! Always ensuring that my stays are at least until Mondays or even Tuesdays!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Just booked reservation 2 weeks out. Damn!! kicking myself for not doing it five days ago when I glanced at the pricing... Oh well... I've been staying there now for over 2 years.. Just hard to "justify with myself" staying somewhere else as they really do take care of repeating customers. I've been visiting nearly every 3-4 months for the past two years, and let's just "they always seems to remember me and even contact me in advance asking if I'm coming in early again (8 AM) and they will do their best to have a room ready for me.

Did the plunge and put in SNA again and have the fantastic and marvelous corner suites as options. Last two times I got upgraded into the WOW suite... Talk about being spoiled... and man was it a WOW too!!

Just received confirmation that my SNA was accepted. Upgraded to the marvelous corner suite confirmed via email from W. It will be interesting to be back in HKG indeed. My June and Sept trips were postponed due to the protests. But the Nov one has to occur as several projects are not bottle-necked until my visit. Hope there are no AE or MTA issues during my visit. Several of the rioting events have happened in the area of my office these past few weeks.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
their occupancy just went rocket high lately
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xexs
their occupancy just went rocket high lately
Why? Have they become a quarantine hotel?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why? Have they become a quarantine hotel?
Just popular as a nice place to stay at the weekend, you can see my post from a recent stay here (multiple HK threads and I am trying to avoid double posting), there were a few replies too drilling down into it https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32655652-post746.html

In short, their brunch was excellent, but I think you can kiss your suite upgrades goodbye. AFAIK the Marriott quarantine hotels are the Le Meriden Cyberport, Ovolo Southside, Mira Moon and Courtyard Sheung Wan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.