Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Post #515 is an EXTENSIVE review w/ pics. Link

Food menus: Kitchen, In-Room Dining, Fire, Fish
Prices may change (sometimes substantially) so not necessarily up to date.

Excursions and activities pricing
Print Wikipost

W Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by NB_Falcon
Does anyone know if a Marriott Gift Card could be used towards the cost of seaplane ?
Good question, and I asked the hotel the same thing since I had a reservation coming up in a few months. The answer is no, because the seaplane is through a third party. They do accept gift cards for the room and incidentals, though, since those are denominated in USD. I seem to recall reports on here of people having trouble with gift cards when other currencies are involved.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Saidoh
Good question, and I asked the hotel the same thing since I had a reservation coming up in a few months. The answer is no, because the seaplane is through a third party. They do accept gift cards for the room and incidentals, though, since those are denominated in USD. I seem to recall reports on here of people having trouble with gift cards when other currencies are involved.
W Maldives bills you in USD so the Maldives is actually a great place to use your gift card.
Saidoh likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Speedboat from W to Conrad was 800$++ 2 years ago.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:05 am

Covid Update

Anyone at the hotel now who can provide updates on restaurant and activities?

thanks,

JF
Old Oct 12, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mercier.jf11
Anyone at the hotel now who can provide updates on restaurant and activities?

thanks,

JF
Would love to hear any updates as well. I'm planning to arrive at the end of the month. Not many new photos on the resorts' Instagram account and only a few people have tagged the resort in their own photos.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gobears293
Would love to hear any updates as well. I'm planning to arrive at the end of the month. Not many new photos on the resorts' Instagram account and only a few people have tagged the resort in their own photos.
There's three reviews on TA as of now with claims of Oct 2020 stays. They don't address much though.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...oo_Island.html
gobears293 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:22 pm

Looking to book at the W or St.Regis, Westin with Points+Cash
.It says the standard "cancel whitin 30 days no charge". But am wondering if that includes the $ that I would pay in addition to the points. Looked everywhere online and at Marriott's terms and conditions and they don't mention it.
If you have any prior experience with cancelling a points+cash just let me know if they give you back both parts
Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2020, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by WorldTravl
Looking to book at the W or St.Regis, Westin with Points+Cash
.It says the standard "cancel whitin 30 days no charge". But am wondering if that includes the $ that I would pay in addition to the points. Looked everywhere online and at Marriott's terms and conditions and they don't mention it.
If you have any prior experience with cancelling a points+cash just let me know if they give you back both parts
Thanks
I booked W a few weeks ago, partly because the cancellation is up to 3 days in advance (points booking).
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:02 am

Also echo the request to hear what things are like currently, especially with dining. Would love to know how busy it is!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:06 am

At the property right now. From what the service personnel told me, currently occupancy rates are at about 25%, lower than low season. So if you're looking to socialize and mingle, prob not the best time but if you're here for a private getaway, it's pretty awesome. Couple changes from the previous reviews I read, due to covid they don't have happy hour so no afternoon snacks that I've seen. Dining wise, either Fire or Fish is open, on alternate days, but not both. Will find out more as I try out the various dining options, it's my first time here

Originally Posted by Plenish
Also echo the request to hear what things are like currently, especially with dining. Would love to know how busy it is!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:57 am

That's interesting, glad you're having a good time! Are they still doing the popsicles/Magnums at the bar? And to clarify, the BOGO happy hour specials are off?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:31 am

As per my understanding they discontinued the popsicle/magnums entirely, I did try to get in on those today from reading the previous reviews! Will ask the manager tomorrow and see if I get a different answer. Not sure about the happy hour specials, I'll check and let you know

Originally Posted by Plenish
That's interesting, glad you're having a good time! Are they still doing the popsicles/Magnums at the bar? And to clarify, the BOGO happy hour specials are off?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
My wife and I are scheduled to land at Male in a bit less than 12 hours. See you soon Janhaus!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:28 pm

Haha very nice, you definitely picked the right day to come, it's sunny and beautiful today! Also I did confirm that the popsicles/magnums are not happening right now, nor is BOGO happy hour unfortunately..

My wife and I are scheduled to land at Male in a bit less than 12 hours. See you soon Janhaus!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:29 pm

Haha very nice, you definitely picked the right day to come, it's sunny and beautiful today! Also I did confirm that the popsicles/magnums are not happening right now, nor is BOGO happy hour unfortunately..
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.