W Maldives [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 1, 19, 12:07 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Post #515 is an EXTENSIVE review w/ pics.

Food menus: Kitchen, In-Room Dining, Fire, Fish
Prices may change (sometimes substantially) so not necessarily up to date.

Excursions and activities pricing
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 12, 20, 8:53 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by NB_Falcon View Post
Does anyone know if a Marriott Gift Card could be used towards the cost of seaplane ?
Good question, and I asked the hotel the same thing since I had a reservation coming up in a few months. The answer is no, because the seaplane is through a third party. They do accept gift cards for the room and incidentals, though, since those are denominated in USD. I seem to recall reports on here of people having trouble with gift cards when other currencies are involved.
Old Sep 13, 20, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Saidoh View Post
Good question, and I asked the hotel the same thing since I had a reservation coming up in a few months. The answer is no, because the seaplane is through a third party. They do accept gift cards for the room and incidentals, though, since those are denominated in USD. I seem to recall reports on here of people having trouble with gift cards when other currencies are involved.
W Maldives bills you in USD so the Maldives is actually a great place to use your gift card.
Saidoh likes this.
Old Sep 14, 20, 3:46 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Speedboat from W to Conrad was 800$++ 2 years ago.
Old Oct 12, 20, 10:05 am

Covid Update

Anyone at the hotel now who can provide updates on restaurant and activities?

thanks,

JF
Old Oct 12, 20, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Mercier.jf11 View Post
Anyone at the hotel now who can provide updates on restaurant and activities?

thanks,

JF
Would love to hear any updates as well. I'm planning to arrive at the end of the month. Not many new photos on the resorts' Instagram account and only a few people have tagged the resort in their own photos.
Old Oct 14, 20, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gobears293 View Post
Would love to hear any updates as well. I'm planning to arrive at the end of the month. Not many new photos on the resorts' Instagram account and only a few people have tagged the resort in their own photos.
There's three reviews on TA as of now with claims of Oct 2020 stays. They don't address much though.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...oo_Island.html
gobears293 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 20, 11:22 pm

Looking to book at the W or St.Regis, Westin with Points+Cash
.It says the standard "cancel whitin 30 days no charge". But am wondering if that includes the $ that I would pay in addition to the points. Looked everywhere online and at Marriott's terms and conditions and they don't mention it.
If you have any prior experience with cancelling a points+cash just let me know if they give you back both parts
Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: