Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Post #515 is an EXTENSIVE review w/ pics. Link

Food menus: Kitchen, In-Room Dining, Fire, Fish
Prices may change (sometimes substantially) so not necessarily up to date.

Excursions and activities pricing
Print Wikipost

W Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 7:31 pm

Hi

I'm planning a trip to maldives this september, staying 4 nights @ W followed by 5 nights stay @ Conrad.
Given their proximity,wondering if there is any transport available from W to Conrad..
Old May 9, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by 181encybrit
Hi

I'm planning a trip to maldives this september, staying 4 nights @ W followed by 5 nights stay @ Conrad.
Given their proximity,wondering if there is any transport available from W to Conrad..
you could swim lol

try reaching out to both and see if either could arrange a speedboat transfer
Old May 11, 2012, 1:00 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
You could do a speedboat transfer, but can take anywhere between 1 hour to 4 hours, depending on how fast the speedboat is..... Also I'm pretty sure both resorts will charge you quite a bit for the transfer.. I've asked the W before and they say it'll cost at least $1000+.. which is more expensive than taking the seaplane back to Male and then the seaplane over to the Conrad.. I'm pretty sure it won't be any cheaper if you ask the Conrad the same thing...
Old May 11, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by schley
ugh I have 2 rooms booked on cash and points in March. I'm a plat and another friend is as well. I was going to hold out and hope for both being upgraded to OWB but after negotiating with the property they have agreed to upgrade both rooms in advance for $250 each per night. We don't want to go that far and not get the OWB, so we shelled out the extra cash.

I was told that the complimentary continental breakfast is actually a full breakfast buffet served in the restaurant. ^
Originally Posted by ps9a
Cash and points? How did you get that at the W Maldives?
I'm sorry I forgot about this and actually I was at the Sheraton Full Moon Resort Maldives. My mistake. Had a great stay though btw.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
vack from W

Just back after 7 days at the W. Happy to answer any questions.
The stay was great. good service, although no feeling of staff trying to go an extra mile for you. just adequate, friendly and quick response to any problems/questions, but not anticipatory.
a good example: it rained during dinner once. when we came out, there was staff member with a buggy. we asked if we could get a ride back to our room. the answer was that she was waiting for another guest and she couldn't help us. At a better hotel, there would have been several buggies already waiting for all guests or she would have called to reception to have someone else come. we walked in the rain to the reception (had umbrella) and ask for a ride there. they said the buggy we saw is the only one available for ride back to room, while there were at least 3 parked right next to reception. that was just annoying.
Food: breakfast buffet is $25 (if not included in your room rate)
dinner buffet at Fire: $95
we did the at-home bbq and that was great!
snorkeling and diving is fantastic! saw sharks and turtles on almost every dive and snorkel from shore.
it's officially rainy season, but weather was great! rained twice overnight, once during dinner and some clouds here and there, but during the day always sunny.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Great, thanks!

How much is diving (including rental of tank,weights, regulator and BC)?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
for each dive:
dive - $60
all equipment - $25
boat fee - $20
all above are per dive. so, if you are doing 2 dives with renting all equipment it's $105x2=$210.
over 6 dives you get a slight discount ($5 per dive, i think?)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by lerasp
we did the at-home bbq and that was great!
How much was the at-home BBQ?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:59 pm

I wish they would accept kids... did you see any while you were there?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by lerasp
for each dive:
dive - $60
all equipment - $25
boat fee - $20
all above are per dive. so, if you are doing 2 dives with renting all equipment it's $105x2=$210.
over 6 dives you get a slight discount ($5 per dive, i think?)
A very belated thank you!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
I wish they would accept kids... did you see any while you were there?
Nope. But you might need a new handle.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by ps9a
Nope. But you might need a new handle.
Wahahahah :P ^
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:11 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Wahahahah :P ^
Lol.

But I am curious why on earth you'd want to go here with kids when there are so many other options? Places like anantara kihava or four season lg spring right to mind, or even the Conrad in ari atoll.

Given the lack of points redemption options I really actually wonder why anyone would stay here. At the price point there are so many other good options without having to deal with the fake and sickly whatever/whenever/never really b/s
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Lol.

But I am curious why on earth you'd want to go here with kids when there are so many other options? Places like anantara kihava or four season lg spring right to mind, or even the Conrad in ari atoll.

Given the lack of points redemption options I really actually wonder why anyone would stay here. At the price point there are so many other good options without having to deal with the fake and sickly whatever/whenever/never really b/s
+1. I'm the first guy to pick a W when they have one in the city I'm travelling to but so far, we've booked the W Maldives twice just to "chicken out" and stay at the Four Seasons KH where we know the service will be excellent. We booked the W again for this upcoming Feb but already changed it to the new jumeirah dhevanafushi. I do really want to try the W but I keep reading to many mixed reviews to "gamble" with my vacation
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
+1. I'm the first guy to pick a W when they have one in the city I'm travelling to but so far, we've booked the W Maldives twice just to "chicken out" and stay at the Four Seasons KH where we know the service will be excellent. We booked the W again for this upcoming Feb but already changed it to the new jumeirah dhevanafushi. I do really want to try the W but I keep reading to many mixed reviews to "gamble" with my vacation

TBH, it's simply because it's SPG ... as I've mentioned before, sometimes I sort of find myself choosing the hotel for the points rather than being objective and choosing a better place. Especially when it's requalification time!

I've only been to the Angsana Ihuru and I chose that because the house reef is just a hop and a skip away from the beach and my kids are still small and need supervision.

The W looks nice from the website and we tend to do at least one night in a fancy place just for the parents (ie us). I haven't even read the reviews because they are so strict on the kids and there is no way to just show up because you need a seaplane transfer :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.