Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Regents Park Marriott, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Getting to hotel from Swiss Cottage tube stop: When you exit the turnstiles at the Swiss Cottage tube stop, go left to exit 1 (Avenue Road), up the stairs (10 steps) to street level, make a left, walk to the corner/street light, & turn left & you'll see the Marriott in front of you at the next light. It's a 5-minute walk from Swiss Cottage to the entrance of the Marriott.

Property now has M Lounge on ground floor open 24/7. Children under 16 not allowed in lounge per website.

Hors d'oeuvres (1730-1930hrs) and dessert selection (1930-2130hrs) available 7 days a week
Beverages available throughout the day with red & white wine and beer served between 1730-2130hrs
Print Wikipost

Regents Park Marriott, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I seem to be having a week of bad luck with (some) hotels. I had a reservation here for Saturday, but their system didn't accept my credit card for some reason. I got a relatively unfriendly worded email which I can sort of understand so I called up to give them my other credit card and their system wouldn't accept that either. The Soviet army-esque woman at the end of the phone informed me that as a result they'd be cancelling my reservation and I have to look somewhere else to stay. AMEX assure me that my cards are both fine and that I have a nearly 6-digit spending allowance left.

I routinely have basic issues with Marriott stays, but being told I'm not allowed to stay takes the biscuit.

Edit: AMEX called to follow up to say that although the request from Marriott was made, the Marriott Regent Park's authentication system is out of date so AMEX won't let them pull funds from anyone until they fix it.
Hawwk likes this.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Nov 10, 2022 at 7:24 am
Old Nov 10, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
If their credit card authentication system is that antiquated, probably best not to stay there anyway. You'd be setting yourself up for potential identity theft issues. I know I am being a bit extreme with this reaction. Nevertheless, a property having very outdated credit card processing would make me think offly hard about if I want to risk it. YMMV....

--Jon
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:28 am

Has anyone stayed at this property lately? Care to share their experiences, especially with the lounge? I'm staying here next week and am quite curious.
Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
Originally Posted by Nikfiz
Has anyone stayed at this property lately? Care to share their experiences, especially with the lounge? I'm staying here next week and am quite curious.
Thanks!
Did you stay? I’m considering it for next week, but would like to know what the M club is like.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Have a stay planned here in Jan as I found a really good rate here (moved from St Pancras Renaissance which was 3x) the price. Any idea on what to expect from the Lounge? Opening hours, happy hour, etc?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Hmmm, looks like no one had added a new review of this property in a while! Looking to see if anyone has recent feedback. Prices for London are through the roof for September and considering this property. Especially interested in breakfast, lounge, etc. amenities. Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jtwiz
Hmmm, looks like no one had added a new review of this property in a while! Looking to see if anyone has recent feedback. Prices for London are through the roof for September and considering this property. Especially interested in breakfast, lounge, etc. amenities. Thanks!
I enjoyed my stay! Got a minimal upgrade (1 category I think), but the room was comfortable and big enough for us. Breakfast was good enough, not spectacular, and is served in the restaurant. The lounge offering was decent with plenty of snacks available like hummus, croquettes or small salads. Only beer and wine, no spirits. Throughout the day, there is a coffee machine, alongside some sweets and softdrinks.

Late check-out wasn't a problem and the team was friendly and helpful. Location is fine: close to a tube station that will get you to most places in central London. There are also some local eateries nearby (nothing special, but perfectly fine). The neighbourhood is quiet and we felt super safe, even at night.
jtwiz likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by Yerumaa
I enjoyed my stay! Got a minimal upgrade (1 category I think), but the room was comfortable and big enough for us. Breakfast was good enough, not spectacular, and is served in the restaurant. The lounge offering was decent with plenty of snacks available like hummus, croquettes or small salads. Only beer and wine, no spirits. Throughout the day, there is a coffee machine, alongside some sweets and softdrinks.

Late check-out wasn't a problem and the team was friendly and helpful. Location is fine: close to a tube station that will get you to most places in central London. There are also some local eateries nearby (nothing special, but perfectly fine). The neighbourhood is quiet and we felt super safe, even at night.
Thanks for the update! It sounds like a solid choice. I wasn't expecting spectacular for the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.