Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This hotel was originally the Le Meridien Bora Bora hotel. For discussions, past experiences, and other information from before the transition use the following thread: Le Meridien bora bora [Master Thread]

Print Wikipost

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by mebluemouse
Why it is so hard to find the availability for points? How many points room they have per day?
There are only 2 classic bungalows, so 2...maximum.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
I just cancelled two rooms for 5 nights using points in August in case anyone wants to grab them.
Did your points get refunded immediately/quickly? Just curious
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Did your points get refunded immediately/quickly? Just curious
yes. Right back in my account
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
There are only 2 classic bungalows, so 2...maximum.
I have seen classic bungalows available, but could not find points room for the same date... Is it currently blocked?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:04 am

About to book honeymoon, and current plan is to do 3-4 nights at St. Regis Bora Bora followed by Le Meridien for 6-7 nights. Availability doesn't work the other way around for us to finish at St. Regis.

We will be staying in an overwater bungalow in each.

Will it feel like a "letdown" to be in Le Meridien after St. Regis? Another option we're considering is to do Hilton Moorea for the first 3-4 nights.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:58 pm

Looking for some feedback, I did some research but can’t find much on the Classic Bungalow. Is it worth to spend double points for the Beach bungalow? I can’t find pictures or any detailed review.
Looking at the map looks like the beach bungalows are located facing the lagoon between the main part of the hotel and the beach villas. the ‘beach’ in front of them looks of compacted sand and not very appealing. the two classic bungalows are at the start of the pontoon one facing outwards and one maybe facing the beach between the two pontoons. I am trying to find some pictures of those two classic bungalows. anyone has any better information?
Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DSmith75
About to book honeymoon, and current plan is to do 3-4 nights at St. Regis Bora Bora followed by Le Meridien for 6-7 nights. Availability doesn't work the other way around for us to finish at St. Regis.

We will be staying in an overwater bungalow in each.

Will it feel like a "letdown" to be in Le Meridien after St. Regis? Another option we're considering is to do Hilton Moorea for the first 3-4 nights.
Yes it will feel like a bit of a letdown, we did Moorea after and it was great! I would suggest that, 4 nights in BB is more than enough. More to do in Moorea! We did 3 nights LM, 2 nights SR and then 3 in Moorea.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Sounds like the consensus is that Bora Bora is beautiful, but the food is bad and overpriced? And I assume limited options for vegetarians if any? In that case we'll pass. That's one of the things I hated the most about our stay at the LM in Seychelles. Horrible food and really hard to go anywhere without a car. I do see a classic villa with points available at times, even in the next few weeks.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Sounds like the consensus is that Bora Bora is beautiful, but the food is bad and overpriced? And I assume limited options for vegetarians if any? In that case we'll pass. That's one of the things I hated the most about our stay at the LM in Seychelles. Horrible food and really hard to go anywhere without a car. I do see a classic villa with points available at times, even in the next few weeks.
I have reached out to the hotel about menus and will post them here once I hear back from them. I am concerned about the food options too as my wife is a very strict vegetarian, I have booked my stay in August and I was able to sweet talk my way into a Mt. Otemanu view premium bungalow for only $300 per night.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ksw299
I have reached out to the hotel about menus and will post them here once I hear back from them. I am concerned about the food options too as my wife is a very strict vegetarian, I have booked my stay in August and I was able to sweet talk my way into a Mt. Otemanu view premium bungalow for only $300 per night.
Wow - did you book a classic room with points? That is a very attractive upgrade price if so. Far cheaper than what's offered online.

Please do post the menus if they share them with you. Very curious to see the options. Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
It seems they charge a deposit here when you make an award reservation. Does anyone know if this is refundable if we cancel?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ksw299
Who did you talk to secure this upgrade? Would you be able to PM me? Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:36 am

Tipanie Menu:

Te Ava Lunch Menu:

Te Ava Dinner Menu:

All prices include taxes and are in Pacific Francs. I also got a quote for private dinners.

Rifleman69 likes this.

Last edited by Ksw299; Dec 18, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,

I am wondering how does this property compare to the more talked about (and wanted) St. Regis? I found some award availability for the dates that I want so I am considering this property.
If I don't do any additional pay, how's the classic rooms?

Cheers!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi all,

I am wondering how does this property compare to the more talked about (and wanted) St. Regis? I found some award availability for the dates that I want so I am considering this property.
If I don't do any additional pay, how's the classic rooms?

Cheers!
Its almost impossible to get points rooms at StR, the upgraded rooms cost a lot more too. That's why I just booked LM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.