Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This hotel was originally the Le Meridien Bora Bora hotel. For discussions, past experiences, and other information from before the transition use the following thread: Le Meridien bora bora [Master Thread]

Print Wikipost

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2
I made an one night reservation using 60K points for next June and was charged 57000 XPF deposit.. I was quite shocked. But anyhow, if I cancel, can I just cancel online or do I have to call Marriott Rewards? Will the refund just automatically issued after the reservation is cancelled?

I have the same night reserved at Conrad where no deposit was charged. I am thinking just sticked with Conrad since I have 6 nights after that.. Additional transportation cost between LM and Conrad might not be worth the 1night at LM.
Just booked several points stays on my wifes account and mine (2 cards). Neither was charged anything.

TD
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:02 pm

Has anyone been successfully deducted their points for advance points booking? It keeps error out on me. Does it have to do with the property now does not accept points booking or what per nova08's comment? I notice too that the cancellation policy now is 30 days prior to arrival.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by flybie
Has anyone been successfully deducted their points for advance points booking? It keeps error out on me. Does it have to do with the property now does not accept points booking or what per nova08's comment? I notice too that the cancellation policy now is 30 days prior to arrival.
I booked several advance points reservations for this resort and StRegis. No issues with either account that have no where near enough points.

TD
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I booked several advance points reservations for this resort and StRegis. No issues with either account that have no where near enough points.

TD
Yes, I understand that advance points booking are still working from what you stated, but when go to deduct points to finalize it, it errors out. So would like to see if others are experiencing this issue or not.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:04 pm

Yes, I understand that advance points booking are still working from what you stated, but when go to deduct points to finalize it, it errors out. So would like to see if others are experiencing this issue or not.
Ah...have not done that online yet...

But did call the CSR line because I had to move points from my account to my wifes. After they made the moves I had them apply the points to the advance reservation with no issue. The reservation (St Regis) had also flexed up to peak from standard and they honored the standard rate because I created the advance reservation before the 14th.

TD
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Ah...have not done that online yet...

But did call the CSR line because I had to move points from my account to my wifes. After they made the moves I had them apply the points to the advance reservation with no issue. The reservation (St Regis) had also flexed up to peak from standard and they honored the standard rate because I created the advance reservation before the 14th.

TD
When Is your reservation at the Le Mridien? Sep, oct or next year 2020?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:43 am

When Is your reservation at the Le Mridien? Sep, oct or next year 2020?
July, 2020

TD
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by frenchie2
Anyone know how long it takes the hotel to issue the refund for the $500+ deposit they charged? I decided to cancel my one night booking for June.

No idea. Ive written to the hotel multiple times and they have not responded to the $1k deposit they took from me in April for my December 2019 hotel stay I canceled almost 3 weeks ago. (This deposit was charged approximately 6 months after my booking that did not specify any deposit fees.)

Have you gotten an update yet?
Old May 29, 2020, 5:33 am

Le Meridien Bora Bora will officially close now for renovations, for a period of at least 18 months.

More details about what will happen with the 149 employees:
https://www.tahiti-infos.com/Et-main...a_a191464.html
kokinos likes this.
Old May 29, 2020, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by thomasito
Le Meridien Bora Bora will officially close now for renovations, for a period of at least 18 months.

Thanks for letting us know.

I have a reservation here for the end of the year for my wifes birthday. We were looking forward to trying this property as a comparison to a few others we have enjoyed in Bora Bora. No contact by the hotel yet but I'm curious how they will handle guests with existing reservations.

The St Regis is owned by HNA group (Unless they've sold it off recently) which is not the same owner as the Le Meridien from what I know.
Old May 29, 2020, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by thomasito

Unfortunately that 18 month renovation is probably an 18 month closedown that will result in a permanent one. Hoping I am wrong.

TD
Old Jun 14, 2020, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by kokinos
Thanks for letting us know.

I have a reservation here for the end of the year for my wifes birthday. We were looking forward to trying this property as a comparison to a few others we have enjoyed in Bora Bora. No contact by the hotel yet but I'm curious how they will handle guests with existing reservations.

The St Regis is owned by HNA group (Unless they've sold it off recently) which is not the same owner as the Le Meridien from what I know.
Has the hotel reached out to you yet? I have a reservation for Aug, no email from them either.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by zagguru
Has the hotel reached out to you yet? I have a reservation for Aug, no email from them either.
Nothing yet. Since my stay is 3 months after yours I would hope they reach out to you soon. Keep us updated when you hear from them and I will too.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 2:24 pm

I made an advance points reservation for December 2020 before all this mess. I have not yet gone ahead & deducted the points.So my Q is what is Le Meridian doing for travelers in my case scenario. I tried calling them ...no response & also called Marriott but they are unable to help too. Any insight is very much appreciated?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 2:33 pm

Well I got an email from the hotel. They are requesting my Air Tahiti confirmation # for my flight into BOB and making sure we are aware of the French Polynesian Governments implemented health and safety protocols. They need to get the flight confirmation # within 3 weeks or will cancel the reservation. Afterwards they will confirm alternate accommodations but there was no mention of which hotel it would be.

This is for a stay in early November and it has already been paid for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.