Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JaguarXJ87
Does anyone know how to find out your lifetime points? They list lifetime nights on the website, but just current point balances, which doesn't include all of the reward points that one has redeemed in their lifetime.
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19742561-post596.html
Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by CPRich
Isn't it 10 nights credit, per year, for the credit card? Doesn't that make it 80 years to earn enough nights for LT Gold, and 100 years for lifetime PLT, through the credit card? I wouldn't consider that easy.
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
there are 2 different Chase Visa cards................one providing 10-nights per annum and another one 15-nights (so only 60-some yrs!)............... and you'd still need to actually obtain gold/plat status during one of these yrs............
My point, albeit rather poorly expressed, was that one could be "Lifetime Silver" solely by obtaining and keeping the credit credit card for life - hence the one year requirement at a higher status.

You are both only counting the minimum nights, without any stays or nights added for "spend".

Is attaining LT this way probable? Of course not. Is it possible? Yes.

Improbable? Of course. Could it be done?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
there are 2 different Chase Visa cards................one providing 10-nights per annum and another one 15-nights (so only 60-some yrs!)............... and you'd still need to actually obtain gold/plat status during one of these yrs............
At least the one that gives you 15 nights also gives you an exra night for each $3000 of cumulative spend.

So to get to 800 nights with this card, you could do it in 10 years (150 nights) plus $1,950,000 in cumulative spend (650 nights), or 20 years (300 nights) plus $1,500,000 in cumulative spend (500 nights), or 40 years (600 nights) plus "only" $600,000 in cumluative spend (that's $15,000 spend per year over 40 years).

Of course, this is silly math, simply because we know (a) the lifetime program already changed once a few years ago, and (b) it's been told pretty ofificially that it's changing again (in a month or so?), and (c) it's likely to change even more over those 10 or 20 or 40 years! (Furthermore, who's to say the earning benefits of the credit card will stay the same for 10 or 20 or 40 years???)

With changes foretold that will be announced soon, why are people (including me ) wasting time on doing math on the about-to-be-changed numbers???
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by sdsearch
At least the one that gives you 15 nights also gives you an exra night for each $3000 of cumulative spend.

So to get to 800 nights with this card, you could do it in 10 years (150 nights) plus $1,950,000 in cumulative spend (650 nights), or 20 years (300 nights) plus $1,500,000 in cumulative spend (500 nights), or 40 years (600 nights) plus "only" $600,000 in cumluative spend (that's $15,000 spend per year over 40 years).

Of course, this is silly math, simply because we know (a) the lifetime program already changed once a few years ago, and (b) it's been told pretty ofificially that it's changing again (in a month or so?), and (c) it's likely to change even more over those 10 or 20 or 40 years! (Furthermore, who's to say the earning benefits of the credit card will stay the same for 10 or 20 or 40 years???)

With changes foretold that will be announced soon, why are people (including me ) wasting time on doing math on the about-to-be-changed numbers???
I agree with your last statement. while it's easy for me to say since I have been one for a while now until your getting really close what's the big deal?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
My point, albeit rather poorly expressed, was that one could be "Lifetime Silver" solely by obtaining and keeping the credit credit card for life - hence the one year requirement at a higher status.

You are both only counting the minimum nights, without any stays or nights added for "spend".

Is attaining LT this way probable? Of course not. Is it possible? Yes.

Improbable? Of course. Could it be done?
I think I posted the same on MI. You could get the nights for lifetime PLT with only SLV status every year in 21 years (49 nights/yr), but very improbable.

I'm not sure I'd qualify holding a card that gives you Silver status as having "earned" Lifetime Silver under the Lifetime program. YMMV.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by CPRich
I think I posted the same on MI. You could get the nights for lifetime PLT with only SLV status every year in 21 years (49 nights/yr), but very improbable.

I'm not sure I'd qualify holding a card that gives you Silver status as having "earned" Lifetime Silver under the Lifetime program. YMMV.
And that is my point. There is nothing to earn, no hassles, no worries, no counting of anything. Anyone who has the card, effectively has Silver for life. Earned or not is now splitting hairs, and if you posted basically the same on MI, I am unsure why my post is causing you such concern?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I am unsure why my post is causing you such concern?
I unsure why you think your post is causing me concern. I posted a follow-up question and a statement. You're bolding parts of my posts, ignoring my "YMMV" and putting 's.

Move along, nothing to see here.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And that is my point. There is nothing to earn, no hassles, no worries, no counting of anything. Anyone who has the card, effectively has Silver for life. Earned or not is now splitting hairs, and if you posted basically the same on MI, I am unsure why my post is causing you such concern?
It's not enough to just have the card. You also have to be committed to keeping the card (paying the annual fee each year) for the rest of your life for that to be effectively having Sllver for life. Plus you have to never upset Chase to the point that they cancel the card on you! (Also, Chase and Marriott have to not lower the number of elite nights deposited annually into your account below the Silver threshold for the life of the card, for that to be "for life".) Otherwise, you only have Silver for as long as you keep the card (and the card keeps the same benefits relative to Silver status) and no longer!

Last edited by sdsearch; Dec 3, 2012 at 5:33 pm
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Question Combining points for Lifetime Status

I am currently about 300,000 points short of hitting the 2m mark, and my wife has a little over 300k in her account. If I transfer her points to my account to redeem for an upcoming award stay, will those transferred in miles count towards my lifetime total?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
This battle about lifetime silver seems very silly. Anyone who cares enough to have lifetime silver, or understand the concept of lifetime hotel status, is probably staying at least 10 nights a year in a marriott anyway. It's a low threshold and a relatively useless status. They might as well just give everyone on earth 1.2 MR points per dollar spent and get rid of the tier.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:03 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Grateful to Marriott for Lifetime Gold!

As a LOYAL Marriott guest since 1984 (28 years) with 922 nights and 2,433,000+ points, Lifetime Gold is very much appreciated, since I am traveling less as a Senior and do not have to requalify each year for an Elite level! That makes a case for earning Lifetime the present way. ^

There is no need to covete Lifetime Platinum, although it would be nice if Marriott granted an upgrade based on proven Loyalty, if and when the requirements are reduced as some of the younger members/guests think should happen to reward them earlier Elite levels ! ^

It is never too late to have a Happy Childhood!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:41 am

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Lifetime Platinum

Late November I achieved Lifetime Platinum. 1069 nights and 2,036,000. I have been a member for 14 years.

I am presently a Platinum Premier member and virtually every stay I have since becoming a PP mmeber has resulted in an upgrade to a suite.

I have been very happy with Marriott and grateful for recognizing my loyalty.

Cheers
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TommyC80
This battle about lifetime silver seems very silly. Anyone who cares enough to have lifetime silver, or understand the concept of lifetime hotel status, is probably staying at least 10 nights a year in a marriott anyway. It's a low threshold and a relatively useless status. They might as well just give everyone on earth 1.2 MR points per dollar spent and get rid of the tier.
I would disagree. If someone stays only in Marriotts, then ten nights isn't much but if one wants to be able to sometimes choose other properties, either because of location, loyalty in another program or because one sometimes prefers independent properties, being forced to do ten Marriott nights every calendar year is a requirement that might not be met automatically.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Lifetime Plat Premier

Do you think there's any chance Marriott will have a lifetime plat premier level?

With 1200 Lifetime Nights after roll-over, would love for something to aim for. Since I now got Marriot Lifetime Plat, I've been concentrating on SPG Lifetime Plat (1 yr left for my 10th yr), but would easily jump back fully for a plat premier level.

Perhaps
1200 Nights
1 Yr at level
3 Million Pts?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: Marriott PP, United 1K, Hertz Plat.
I doubt it. I am in the same boat that you are in. Lifetime Plat, 1200 lifetime nights. Plat Premier the last 3 years.

Plat Premier has never given me anything extra but it would be nice to have something else to strive for after lifetime Plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.