Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
PR message just forwarded in an email from asiatraveltips.com

But without any date !

"Starwood to Open W Retreat & Spa in Bali

The W Retreat & Spa Bali-Seminyak will open early 2011, representing another milestone in W’s global expansion into the world’s most exciting and vibrant destinations.

Guests will be able to choose from one of 158 retreats and suites, offering high-energy interiors, vivid design, cutting-edge technology and modern amenities. The retreats are one of the largest on the island with the majority of them offering views of the Indian ocean. Villa retreats are available at W Retreat & Spa Bali-Seminyak, which includes 79 villa retreats with a private entrance. They comprise of one-bedroom villa retreats, two-bedroom villa retreats, and three-bedroom villa retreats, with access to features and W Happenings in the Retreat.

W guests will be able to sip cocktails at the W Lounge, party all night in WooBar and enjoy special dining experiences at W’s signature restaurants, Fire and Starfish Bloo – headed up by acclaimed Chef de Cuisine Jack Yoss.

For recreation, guests will be able to enjoy the WET pool, Sweat Fitness center, and AWAY Spa, an urban escape for the senses

A wellness escape open 24/7/365, AWAY Spa offers guests, including weary travelers arriving in the wee hours after a long flight, and locals, around-the-clock signature treatments including massages, facial and body treatments, manicures and pedicures, as well as a range of treatments incorporating Asian influences.

Seminyak’s Petitenget Beach houses shimmering black sand, while the famous nearby temple of Tanah Lot encapsulates some of Bali’s cultural history."
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
SPG.com now shows the opening has moved up to March 1, 2011. Here's hoping they start taking reservations soon (and they aren't smoking crack when they decide on a category).
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:31 pm

Not bookable yet, but looks like they're getting ready to start as SPG.com now shows "not available for your dates" instead of "this hotel is not currently accepting reservations." Also new today is the Category 6 designation.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Not bookable yet, but looks like they're getting ready to start as SPG.com now shows "not available for your dates" instead of "this hotel is not currently accepting reservations." Also new today is the Category 6 designation.
Expected the Cat 6 allocation, let's hope the property lives up to that expectation. Good that it's finally coming online as it means the snags should be gone by the time I get there in July.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
It appears to be bookable now. I see the rates being loaded for June, which is when I'll be in Bali. Currently for 6/20-23 at $285usd per night.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
It appears to be bookable now. I see the rates being loaded for June, which is when I'll be in Bali. Currently for 6/20-23 at $285usd per night.
I'm seeing the same for earlier in June when I'll be there, but when you click through to see all the rates, there is a pre-pay for $270 or Best Available for $300. No $285 options actually available. Haven't been able to get any promo codes to work yet.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Yeah I'm hoping some promo rates will be loaded eg. Z3R

I hope someone can do a W vs. St Regis comparison soon, would love to know how they compare.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
I never been to W Hotel (I don't know what to expect) before but I have a trip to Bali end of Feb till early March. On my last 4 nights, I will have St Regis booked but I saw this property opening 1 March which is perfect. With Regis about 400++ and W Hotel about 300++, is it worth to consider this property over Regis?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: *G, SPG Plat, Accor Plat
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N85: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.424 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I wouldn't ever like to go to a brand new opening hotel in its first months of operations, especially on vacation.

In my experience, things generally don't work, people screw up, etc with new hotels, regardless how experienced the pre-opening team is.

Fine if I'm not paying. Not fine otherwise.

I'd stick with the tried and tested St. Regis if I were you. Beautiful property with impeccable service.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by leo-chan
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N85: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.424 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I wouldn't ever like to go to a brand new opening hotel in its first months of operations, especially on vacation.

In my experience, things generally don't work, people screw up, etc with new hotels, regardless how experienced the pre-opening team is.

I'd stick with the tried and tested St. Regis if I were you. Beautiful property with impeccable service.
Thanks for your opinion. I have the same feel about that but excited to try W Hotel for the 1st time. I don't want any uncomfortable feel on my last day especially when I spend a lot on that. Btw, I have read some review about newly W hotel guest experienced, its a mixed. Thats why I'm asking

Cheers.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: *G, SPG Plat, Accor Plat

Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I have been informed that this hotel does not upgrade Plats to suites.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
June Booking

I just booked 3 nights in June, with points (20,000 per night).
Garden View is listed; not too happy about the Plat non-upgrade policy. I hope that it will not be the same for the breakfast.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Just booked for early Sept. At least there were plenty of C+P days available. I really hope that the non-upgrades to suites is a mistake.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I have been informed that this hotel does not upgrade Plats to suites.
Informed by the hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.