Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:00 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
I know we're veering a little off topic, but does anyone have Ubud lodging recommendations? I'm planning an anniversary trip to Bali next year that will include the SR, but I'm considering adding Ubud and possibly the W, depending on $/cat.
You might want to review threads in the Luxury Hotels forum. There have been active discussions about a number of properties. Otherwise, head to the Asia forum. Here's a thread that might be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...lp-needed.html
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
You might want to review threads in the Luxury Hotels forum. There have been active discussions about a number of properties. Otherwise, head to the Asia forum. Here's a thread that might be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...lp-needed.html
You're such a moderator! Thanks for the link.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Skywards Gold
7 weeks until official opening and this is still not accepting reservations and no category assigned (though think it will be a 6 personally). Can only imagine there must be severe doubts over its readiness to support the Christmas market.

After the moderator's initial excitement, all news on this property seems to have completely stopped. I even lowered myself to looking at their Facebook page but nothing new there.

Anyone got any updates on what's going on? Some of us have holidays to book
Old Oct 25, 2010, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by DXBPlat
7 weeks until official opening and this is still not accepting reservations and no category assigned (though think it will be a 6 personally). Can only imagine there must be severe doubts over its readiness to support the Christmas market.

After the moderator's initial excitement, all news on this property seems to have completely stopped. I even lowered myself to looking at their Facebook page but nothing new there.

Anyone got any updates on what's going on? Some of us have holidays to book
I've been wondering the same thing and also found myself on their Facebook page the other day. I'll be in Bali next year and am hoping to spend a chunk of time at the W, but I'd like to get it on the books sooner than later.

SLII, don't you have any spies on the ground in Bali?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:41 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
SLII, don't you have any spies on the ground in Bali?
*whispers* I was supposed to be there last week but I have other assignments to cover.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:58 pm

I've just been advised by the W Seminyak that their opening will be delayed. As I had flights booked to Bali, I emailed to pester them about when they were opening for bookings. They replied that they won't be open till "early 2011." Their reservation system is scheduled to go live in January 2011.

SPG or no SPG, I've always stayed in Seminyak as that's where the coolest bars, clubs and restaurants are and where the parties' at. The Elysian Villas is quite a fave of mine and most convenient for cocktails at Ku De Ta. So the W's locale is perfect for me. ^ Here's hoping they'll be open in time for my trip in March. Or I'd just have to plan another trip to Bali just to check out the W! As a big W supporter, I'm v excited as this is the closest a W has come to gracing Australian soil ever since the W Sydney's demise.

Last edited by Keith009; Oct 25, 2010 at 11:06 pm
Old Nov 5, 2010, 1:41 am

Opening date now changed to 1 Apr 2011.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:56 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Priority Club Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by QF009
1 April?!????!

April Fools?!????!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
I'm booking a flight to Bali early Sept 2011 and would love to stay here. Anyone have insight into how realistic this opening date is? I guess I do have a few months cushion.

Originally Posted by QF009
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by araknis
I'm booking a flight to Bali early Sept 2011 and would love to stay here. Anyone have insight into how realistic this opening date is? I guess I do have a few months cushion.
I'm June 2011 and have booked stays planned for the Laguna and St. Regis in case the W can't get their act together. I have no insight, other than to recommend you have a plan B in place just in case.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
I plan on staying at the Westin as well. I was thinking about the Laguna, but with the recent renovations at Westin in addition to their lounge, I've decided on the Westin for the first few nights.

I'm June 2011 and have booked stays planned for the Laguna and St. Regis in case the W can't get their act together. I have no insight, other than to recommend you have a plan B in place just in case.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Conrad + W ?

Next June, we were planning to stay at the Conrad (not "attached" to the row of all the other hotels and satisfied of 2 previous stays) and a few nights at the W Seminyak, to go places without being stuck in traffic. Not to easy to plan a trip with hotels that delay their openings. Is April a guaranteed opening?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:30 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UASPG
Next June, we were planning to stay at the Conrad (not "attached" to the row of all the other hotels and satisfied of 2 previous stays) and a few nights at the W Seminyak, to go places without being stuck in traffic. Not to easy to plan a trip with hotels that delay their openings. Is April a guaranteed opening?
No opening is ever guaranteed, and rarely reliable.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:16 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Interesting that the hotel opening slips, but their facebook page is dispalying photos of events held there: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...14381128590142
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Anyone knows the maximum of opening delays ever experienced by a new property?
Originally Posted by m0hamed
No opening is ever guaranteed, and rarely reliable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.