Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, NH [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, NH [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 1:58 pm

Stayed at the hotel this past weekend. Regular rates were crazy expensive ($350-400/night) but I had a corporate rate that helped. As a Gold I was upgraded to the club floor but no room type upgrade (king room). Elevators are crap and there is only one elevator that services the club floor. As soon as I entered the guest room I was blown away that they can charge $400 a night....it was old and carpet was gross. Honestly if they just replaced the carpet it would've made the room 10x better. Last update was probably 10-15+ years ago to the guest room. The lounge was fine and we ate our breakfasts there which was convenient. They did try to charge me for parking for a day that I wasn't even there (check-in was Friday but showed up at 1AM Saturday) but was corrected at the front desk.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:58 am

Looking for any updates on this property for a March stay.

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Just checked in for a four night stay. Platinum status but no upgrade. FDA did acknowledge my status and noted my points amenity. She offered breakfast for two in the restaurant as an alternative to the points amenity buf since they have an executive lounge, we declined that. Room is tight. Two queen beds on the 2nd floor with a view of the front of the hotel, so no real view.

Only two elevators, painfully slow. Only one goes up to the Club Level, on the 5th floor.

Valet is $24/day.
Executive club exists so thats nice, but its just pathetic. Maybe 900 square feet? Beer and wine in the evening, but not complimentary. I was given two drink chits at check in.

Regular rates were $260/night, pre-paid. Got it about $100 cheaper with my corporate rate, no pre-payment required. Paid with Citi Prestige for 4th night credit.

Last edited by vivrant; Aug 12, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by vivrant
Just checked in for a four night stay. Platinum status but no upgrade. FDA did acknowledge my status and noted my points amenity. She offered breakfast for two in the restaurant as an alternative to the points amenity buf since they have an executive lounge, we declined that. Room is tight. Two queen beds on the 2nd floor with a view of the front of the hotel, so no real view.

Valet is $24/day.

Regular rates were $260/night, pre-paid. Got it about $100 cheaper with my corporate rate, no pre-payment required. Paid with Citi Prestige for 4th night credit.
I stayed there last month with the same experience. However I was given a $32 voucher (2 people) for the restaurant.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: SPG lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Super Elite, Priority Club Platinum Elite,
Stayed there in April and agree with previous poster, it is ridiculously overpriced. I am baffled as to how they command such high rates.

I found the front desk staff very polite and thoughtful.

Don’t pay to park, you can park just around the corner for free.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:45 am

Here for one night, checking out shortly, solo trip, Platinum status.

Location: Very easy to park the car and have walkable access to all of downtown Portsmouth.

Check-in: Good staff. I joked about their progress in learning the Marriott way. Offered 1000 pts or order breakfast off the menu in the restaurant. Confirmed that a lounge (and breakfast) existed, so took the points.

Room: First time in a Sheraton, so forgive me if I am reporting normal Sheraton stuff (vs. FS Marriott) . King on the 2nd floor, facing the parking lot. Room was a bit worn to say the least, especially the carpet. Door to hallway did not seal fully and needs to be realigned with the door frame. Plumbing sounds are awakening. Bed was very comfortable. And a very narrow work desk...this notebook is almost against the wall. Not directly related to the review of this stay, but the room is large and could easily be converted into a junior suite. I was not upgraded to the 5th floor; guessing because the property seemed to be full. Also, I really don't care being a solo traveler. As for any other views, i.e. for an upgraded room, one side of the property overlooks the bay, but there is construction project in place and I am not sure that these rooms would have a view anyway.

Lounge: Lounge floor is the 5th floor. Converted guest room (maybe a suite). Very small. But extremely friendly, engaging staff. I was given two beer/wine coupons at check in and used those for beer - standard bottled beers. There was also some hard liquor and I forgot to note the wines, but offered it as "red" or "white". A very narrow selection of hot snacks. Breakfast was oatmeal, fruit, OJ, stuffed meat/cheese/veggie croissants, and small pastries, as well as coffee, etc. Lounge also has a printer. Lounge is open 24/7 for water, soft drinks, and potato chips.

Parking: choice of parking across the street - $19/day or valet - $26/day. On this rare occasion, I chose valet as it was undercover, and I had a bunch of stuff that needed to be reorganized, not to mention the parking lot is a public lot with very narrow spaces.

All in all, wanting to stay in the Marriott family, this property, while expensive, was less expensive than the RI perpendicular to it. And again, the location made Portsmouth very walkable.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Dubosc
Dont pay to park, you can park just around the corner for free.
Can you share where the free parking was located? Before checking in, I looked around for free parking because I am frugal, but none to be found.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Dubosc
Don’t pay to park, you can park just around the corner for free.
Bump on the parking question. Heading up this week/weekend and would like to take advantage of free parking if available.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by drew502
Bump on the parking question. Heading up this week/weekend and would like to take advantage of free parking if available.
Not happening, but you can park directly across the street (obvious when you see it) for much less than valet.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:12 am
Community Director Emerita

We've got an upcoming one night stay heading north to Maine and lobster. Has anyone stayed here recently? Is breakfast offered in the restaurant? Is the lounge open? How is treatment of titaniums?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We've got an upcoming one night stay heading north to Maine and lobster. Has anyone stayed here recently? Is breakfast offered in the restaurant? Is the lounge open? How is treatment of titaniums?
I have not stayed there in a while but when I did, they had a small club lounge and small rooms. There were limited upgrades. This all being said, Portsmouth is a great city and you are right downtown. Definitely get out of the room and explore. You can walk to the piers, theres little alleyways with colonial buildings, great food, etc.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:31 am
Community Director Emerita

We've had a delightful one night stay. I booked the room with points (35K), then applied an SNA to a one bedroom suite that cleared. I expected little because the bed was queen sized. That gave me the impression of a small suite. But the reverse was true. It's the largest and most comfortable suite that we've been in for a long time. The suite is on the third floor, just off the elevator. You walk into the dining room with a small full kitchen to the side. Straight on is a large living room with comfortable chairs, a sofa, and a fireplace. To the side of the living room is a separate room with the desk that is set up so you can watch the living room TV. Down the hall is the bedroom with a very comfortable bed. Across that hall is a tiny bathroom, the only downside of the suite. The shower is in the tub and there is a single sink.

Their lounge reopened two weeks ago. It is in the lobby to the side of the bar. It's a typical ordinary breakfast served in most US hotels these days - bagel with cream cheese, unremarkable eggs, bacon, waffles, chobani yogurt, fruit cup. We were told there are appetizers served between 6 and 7 but we arrived later.

Parking is $35 for valet; $30 for self parking across the street. We found free parking nearby.

We headed straight to Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier before checking in. It's roughly a 15 minute drive across the water. It's open 7 nights a week in summer. We've been here several times over the decades we've gone to Maine. It has never disappointed.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 4:39 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Chauncey Creek is definitely a Top 3 lobster place in Maine, and we've been to most of them!
SanDiego1K and platbrownguy like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 5:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question Sheraton Portsmouth v. AC Hotel Portsmouth?

Will be in Portsmouth this summer and trying to decide between the Sheraton Portsmouth Harbor and The AC Hotel Portsmouth. They look to be about a block apart with the Sheraton saying it has recently been renovated and the AC looking newer but slightly farther from the harbor. Prices seem to be similar. Any recent stays at either that can be commented on? Looking for pros and cons of both. Really like the idea of the rooftop restaurant and bar at AC and the club lounge at Sheraton, so each has positives. Any personal experiences would be appreciated.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 11:44 am

Which one did you go with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.