Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Seattle [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2024, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
THIS IS A CONVENTION HOTEL - NO 4pm check-out for specialty rooms (e.g. corner rooms, suites), even if you're upgraded or purchased a specialty room. If you require 4pm check-out, you need to book the standard or high floor standard room.

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Seattle [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:48 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
My review won’t be much different from the previous review posted here as this property is still stingy with Elite benefits - frankly, the only reason I stayed was to finish out my list of full-service Marriotts in Downtown Seattle. Was this the worst property I have stayed at ever? No, but it’s definitely not the best, even by Seattle standards. Here are my impressions:
  • Was “upgraded” to a Premium Large Room but told at check-in I couldn’t have late checkout - I needed late checkout as my flight wasn’t until 6, so they put me in a Club King on the top guest floor of the Pike Street Tower (triangle tower, same as lounge)
  • With the downgrade, was able to have 4 PM late checkout
  • They do not offer restaurant breakfast as a welcome gift choice - I think this is against the rules, and it’s definitely against the spirit
  • I can’t comment on weekend breakfast in the lounge (I wasn’t given a sheet of paper), but weekday lounge breakfast was honestly not that bad - good flaky croissants, really delicious bacon, eggs were eggs
  • Evening service dessert wasn’t that good - not quite sure what they were
  • Standard sized room was still furnished well - large lounger, good sized desk / table for eating takeaway from Carmelo’s Tacos
  • Bed was pretty good - very plush mattress, plush pillows, covers could be thicker
  • Even set at 63, the room seemed a bit warm
  • Noise isolation does seem a bit poor - child screaming next to me during taco time was a bit disturbing, but the AC fan helped drown out some noise
  • Latest version of Internet TV OS
  • Shower was bad - less the pressure (which was a bit light), but the temperature fluctuated from very cold to scalding hot every 30 seconds or so
  • I didn’t seem to have any elevator issues
  • No in-room Ambassador welcome gift

I wouldn’t rush back.

Photos:

dgreen12, YYZTHF and bizum like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
My review won’t be much different from the previous review posted here as this property is still stingy with Elite benefits - frankly, the only reason I stayed was to finish out my list of full-service Marriotts in Downtown Seattle. Was this the worst property I have stayed at ever? No, but it’s definitely not the best, even by Seattle standards. Here are my impressions:
  • Was “upgraded” to a Premium Large Room but told at check-in I couldn’t have late checkout - I needed late checkout as my flight wasn’t until 6, so they put me in a Club King on the top guest floor of the Pike Street Tower (triangle tower, same as lounge)
  • With the downgrade, was able to have 4 PM late checkout
  • They do not offer restaurant breakfast as a welcome gift choice - I think this is against the rules, and it’s definitely against the spirit
  • I can’t comment on weekend breakfast in the lounge (I wasn’t given a sheet of paper), but weekday lounge breakfast was honestly not that bad - good flaky croissants, really delicious bacon, eggs were eggs
  • Evening service dessert wasn’t that good - not quite sure what they were
  • Standard sized room was still furnished well - large lounger, good sized desk / table for eating takeaway from Carmelo’s Tacos
  • Bed was pretty good - very plush mattress, plush pillows, covers could be thicker
  • Even set at 63, the room seemed a bit warm
  • Noise isolation does seem a bit poor - child screaming next to me during taco time was a bit disturbing, but the AC fan helped drown out some noise
  • Latest version of Internet TV OS
  • Shower was bad - less the pressure (which was a bit light), but the temperature fluctuated from very cold to scalding hot every 30 seconds or so
  • I didn’t seem to have any elevator issues
  • No in-room Ambassador welcome gift

I wouldn’t rush back.

Photos:

wow, id push for that welcome gift comp since at sheraton you get a choice of points or breakfast for you plus 1..too late i guess
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:18 pm

Weekend lounge breakfast is still the continental breakfast PTahCha mentioned last month. Agree that this property is stingy with elite benefits-have never gotten a room upgrade above a base room as a plat, and have ended up in the Union tower (the one without the lounge) as often as the Pike tower. While it's mentioned upthread that the hotel was renovated in 2018, the AC units have been louder in my rooms in the Pike tower-is the Union tower newer and has newer HVAC system?

ETA: found an old post that says the Union tower is newer (~2007?) Explains a lot about why the Union tower's HVAC is so much quieter and rooms seem to be in much better condition

Last edited by steveman518; Mar 18, 2024 at 8:30 pm
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:51 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by 1mileman
wow, id push for that welcome gift comp since at sheraton you get a choice of points or breakfast for you plus 1..too late i guess
Well, they offered me a choice of points or local gift - the fact that it was a choice but didn't include the choice I wanted seems to add deliberate vagueness to whether or not the Welcome Gift Guarantee applies. I chose to not engage in conflict after already having frustrating experiences in Bellevue.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:39 pm

As of April 1 this hotel has now joined the list of properties that have "destination fees". The fee is $25 + tax/day. I wish this was an April Fool's joke.
Daily:
-$25 F&B credit that can be used at a couple of the on-property venues (including Starbucks and in-room dining but Alder and Ash is excluded)
-$10 Uber credit-I believe the concierge would give you a code to use
Per stay:
-2 tickets to Chihuly Garden and Glass-also arranged with the concierge
-Yoga class for 2
-The usual "enhanced internet"
Additionally elites have a daily $10 credit from Market Pantry by the front desk. However that gets you about 2 Clif bars... Drinks are for display only and the FD will get one from the fridge in the back if you have the patience to wait in line. For the F&B credit I was told by a manager that it was "for one purchase per day" but that was nowhere to be mentioned and I never charged more than one order per day anyways.
Unfortunately since this is new many FD associates are not familiar with the program and half the time they have to go back and get a manager on duty to confirm what's going on. Additionally when logging into the internet it stills offer options to purchase internet. This basically appears to be a money grab that is poorly executed. None of the charges I had were automatically credited and I had to "negotiate" with a manager (again) to have the charges removed. It only took until my third folio for the credits to correctly reflect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.