FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton Grand Seattle [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/721944-sheraton-grand-seattle-master-thread.html)

SLC-YYZ Apr 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Sheraton Grand Seattle [Master Thread]

Hello All...I was wondering if anyone recalls the timeline for the Sheraton to finish their construction. I know it's getting close to completion but I will be there in a couple weeks and was wondering what to expect. Last month I was there and things looked pretty close but I was in a rush and didn't really catch what the front desk said in terms of timeline.

/mod

Earlier reports can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

/mod

ldsant Apr 23, 2007 1:17 pm

Doesn't really affect anything since the construction is on the outside of the building. They're still going as of today. Was there a week ago - no effects inside.

Update as of today - construction does affect things inside - reception is like a table with some computers on it. Exits are a bit difficult to find. No noise though it was a bit difficult to figure out how to make it around the current construction (better signs would be helpful). The outside is still being constructed.

jsocpa Jun 5, 2007 6:06 am

We just returned from a pre and post cruise stay at the Seattle Sheraton. Overall, a very pleasant experience. Staff is handling the minor disruptions from construction very well. We had booked a club level room and were pleased. We were advised that they do not upgrade Gold members to the club level, only Plats. Pool and gym could use a major upgrade, not sure if that is part of the new tower. Location cannot be beat. We were travelling with family and saw a number of rooms. All rooms were satisfactory, especially at the price.

puchalskir Jun 11, 2007 6:52 am

Just returned from the Sheraton Seattle yesterday. They opened the new tower and the new lobby on Friday. Still some construction to deal with but its not too bad. The new restaurant opened on Monday.

I definitely wouldn't rent a car at the airport. There's a Hertz one block from the Sheraton that has evening drop off and the rates are pretty good. It's probably cheaper to rent the car for the day and return it then to pay for parking at the Sheraton.

Christian Jul 22, 2007 5:45 pm

Seattle Sheraton award stay quick comments

Stayed at Seattle Sheraton Friday on points - phone agent sold me upgrade from 10000 to 11000 for club room. Great deal! Excellent breakfast in the club lounge, beautiful berry selection (it's the season in the northwest, and they were very nice!). Nice view from the pool/hottub area on top floor. Good location for walking to everything.
Waited about 10 minutes for our car, and upon asking about it, was immediately apologized to and told that $35 parking would be removed from the bill^
Everything else was smooth and proper, despite clearly being very busy (did chat with a fellow in the elevator who said he was off to find another hotel as they didn't have his rez - cruise tour arrangement? - and they were full).
Prefer to the W.
Cheers

MilesTalk Jul 22, 2007 7:38 pm

Is there kiosk checkin available at the Seattle Sheraton?

Christian Jul 23, 2007 8:33 am

I didn't notice

any other checkin methods available...

theadams Aug 9, 2007 9:11 am

Sheraton Seattle - suite when using points to upgrade

I'm going shopping in Seattle with my daughter and friends on last weekend in August. I am going to use points to book the room and to upgrade to a suite. (20,000 points a night)
I want to have access to a club lounge. Is it open on the weeknds.

Has anyone used points to upgrade to a suite at this hotel? Was it a room that will accomodate 4 people? Any pictures?

KENNECTED Aug 9, 2007 9:34 am

Have you done a search? I would suggest doing some research in an existing thread about this property.

here is a thread to get you started.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...hlight=seattle

If you need further information, please search using the words "sheraton seattle" by title only and many threads will appear.

next up for this thread....da lock. ;)

curl Aug 27, 2007 9:42 pm

has anyone been able to find a parking garage nearby (to park in) or do you pretty much pay the $28 if you have a car? will be there on this coming holiday weekend ...

ldsant Aug 27, 2007 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by curl (Post 8305647)
has anyone been able to find a parking garage nearby (to park in) or do you pretty much pay the $28 if you have a car? will be there on this coming holiday weekend ...

Unless you have plans to go outside the city I would definitely urge you NOT to have a car this weekend. It's Bumbershoot here - LOADS of people downtown. Parking at the Sheraton will be limited to their guests and yes it will cost $28 per night. Looking for parking on the street this weekend will be tough to say the least. There are many ride free areas and buses, taxis, etc. available in the downtown corridor. You really should think twice if you're just staying in town about bringing a car downtown this weekend.

dark169 Aug 28, 2007 10:58 pm

I just stayed at the Sheraton Seattle for 3 nights this past weekend of PAX.

Over all an okay experience. Staff was friendly enough, they even seemed to know what that gold/plat checkin line is for as I walked right up to it and got checked in while a long line was forming in the lobby behind me, I'm sure I didn't look (or smell) very gold status as I rode my motorcycle 6 hours that day to get there...

Place was busy, location is great we walked down to the market every morning for coffee and breakfast, location next to the convention center was great.

Room was large, but you could hear the room next door pretty clear. Only got charged for parking 1 of the 3 nights, at a rate of $15 for self parking a motorcycle, it should have been for all 3 nights but who knows...

Only complaint was on my last night, I wanted to be up early to do the 13 hour ride home early, little kid in the room next to mine kept slamming the dresser drawers laughing away, after 30min I called the front desk they said they;d talk to them, 30 min later I called again, 30 min again I called again, noise stoped starting going to sleep and have the phone ring with the security guy calling as he can't hear any noise :mad: their solution to a noise problem is just to ignore it till the 3rd call then send someone up, where I assumed they addressed it the 2nd or 3rd time, turns out they never addressed it at all and it went away by itself. Why in hell would someone call a guest about 2 hours after their first complain about not being able to get to sleep...

Its ok I called the offending room at 430 in the morning just so I could hear the phone through the wall, if I was to go to sleep on their kids play schedule they can get up on mine...

I'll be staying there again next year.

ldsant Aug 28, 2007 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by dark169 (Post 8311965)

Its ok I called the offending room at 430 in the morning just so I could hear the phone through the wall, if I was to go to sleep on their kids play schedule they can get up on mine...

I didn't see an emoticon here, but I sincerely hope you're kidding. . .

itsaboutthejourney Aug 29, 2007 12:05 am

Originally Posted by dark169 (Post 8311965)

and what about the question everyone really wants to know: did you get upgraded? if so, what kind of room or suite?

dark169 Aug 29, 2007 9:30 am

Originally Posted by nroscoe (Post 8312165)
and what about the question everyone really wants to know: did you get upgraded? if so, what kind of room or suite?

no upgrade, the hotel was pretty full and it was a pretty good convention rate so I didn't expect one. The room was a pretty large with a king bed in the Pike St. tower. It was on a preferred guest floor (31st), but that just means mouthwash and water.