Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Seattle [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2024, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
THIS IS A CONVENTION HOTEL - NO 4pm check-out for specialty rooms (e.g. corner rooms, suites), even if you're upgraded or purchased a specialty room. If you require 4pm check-out, you need to book the standard or high floor standard room.

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Seattle [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Apples and oranges.

I'm talking about walking distance. You're talking about view.
I'll go with view and walk a little extra. It's not like we are talking 10 miles extra walking.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by AA Novice
I'll go with view and walk a little extra. It's not like we are talking 10 miles extra walking.
I'm the reverse. The view from the W ain't bad and it's in the middle of everything. To each their own.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:30 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
For downtown, either Sheraton or W.

For the Sheraton, I'm not sure if all of their rooms are renovated. If not, then go for the W.

The Westin is a bit of hike and not ideal for tourists/visitors.

A bit of a hike to where? It's only 4 blocks from the Sheraton.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Ok, a bit more of a hike. It's in the DT core but on the edge.

IMO, the Sheraton is more central.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 7:46 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Ok, a bit more of a hike. It's in the DT core but on the edge.

IMO, the Sheraton is more central.
As missydarlin mentioned, these two hotels are within 2 blocks of each other. The W is about 2.5 blocks the other way. Seattle downtown is very walkable no matter where you are or you can always ride the bus for free in the core area
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ldsant
As missydarlin mentioned, these two hotels are within 2 blocks of each other. The W is about 2.5 blocks the other way. Seattle downtown is very walkable no matter where you are or you can always ride the bus for free in the core area
I agree which is why I chose the Westin with the view to stay with my dad who had never been to Seattle.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: UA global, VS Gld , SPG plat
Normally I prefer Westins but now it is renovated the Sheraton is very nice and good location.
The coffee shop/grill is much better than you usually get in hotel.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, AA Lifetime Plat, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Plat
I'm potentially staying at the Sheraton Seattle for one night later this month but will have a rental car - anyone know of nearby parking that isn't $34 a night? Thanks!!
Old Aug 7, 2010, 3:12 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
There are streets 3-6 or more blocks NE of the Sheraton (Around 8th & 9th) where free overnight parking ('til 8 a.m.) is allowed. Be sure to check the signs posted on the block as some streets/spaces don't allow overnight. Many outdoor parking lots in that same area are available overnight for $5-$7.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:56 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I am also looking at this. One thing I am considering is taking the train from the airport to the hotel which works great and is cheap and then renting a car from Hertz for the day so that I do not have to pay for parking. There is a downtown Hertz in the Grand Hyatt which is only a few blocks away. I am thinking I could pick up and drop off both days I need a car and avoid the fee.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by uncguy85
I'm potentially staying at the Sheraton Seattle for one night later this month but will have a rental car - anyone know of nearby parking that isn't $34 a night? Thanks!!
This is one major disadvantage of the Sheraton: there is virtually no on-street parking, even overnight, and all lots in the area charge $30+ for an overnight stay. This is why I often choose the Westin or W.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Actually, I'm not comfortable leaving my car unattended overnight in downtown Seattle.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:34 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Actually, I think beckoa parked his beast of a rental directly across the street from the Sheraton at the last Sea Doo. You do have to bird-dog it though or just get lucky. However, once there, the outdoor staff at the Sheraton seem to be on-duty all night, so there probably isn't that much a problem with break-ins.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Actually, I'm not comfortable leaving my car unattended overnight in downtown Seattle.
Really?! I have never had my car broken into while parking downtown - parking in my condo in my "good" neighborhood my car was broken into twice. Just don't leave anything in the car when parking.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:20 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Have had a number of stays at the Sheraton and Westin over the years and have had no problems with overnight street parking (uh-oh, just jinxed it!). As ldsant advises, I never leave any stuff in the car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.