Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Tysons Corner, Virginia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Tysons Corner, Virginia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
At the Westin Tysons Corner right now. Rooms and lobby are up to standard Westin specs so I disagree with previous posts about staying away from the property. They didn't renovate the elevators. Free parking. No compliants here.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
Originally Posted by seawolf
At the Westin Tysons Corner right now. Rooms and lobby are up to standard Westin specs so I disagree with previous posts about staying away from the property. They didn't renovate the elevators. Free parking. No compliants here.
Agreed

Rooms and lobby up to standards in nice area and parking is FREE. Little walk from deck to elevators but nothing to crazy
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the Westins at IAD and Reston this week. Some aspects of Tyson Corner are a bit dated but it's a good value considering rates are lower and the number of restaurants in the area.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Parking still free?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Parking still free?
The website says yes. (Starwood hides parking charges under Local Area: Transportation Options on hotels' sites.)
Old Nov 10, 2011, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Thanks.
Old May 10, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Quick update. I'm at the Westin TC right now. First time here... I usually stay at the Sheraton TC. Notes...

- Lobby... Thought it is nice. Decent looking bar/restaurant. No complaints

- Room... As a plat, I got upgraded to a very nice suite. Two rooms with one being a full living room with kitchen table. Bedroom has a real nice king bed.

- Staff... Friendly so far but I very rarely have any staff issues at any hotel.

- Location... Awesome for me. Right on 495. Lots of eats near by, in both directons.

- Only Complaint... No club lounge and no bfast voucher. I just has a 4 hour drive and was looking forward to some munchies. No go.

The place is nice. I'll stay here again. The only thing holding me back from staying all the time is the lack of the lounge. No biggie this time, as I am out early in the AM.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:35 pm

I'm at the Westin TC right now and it's been a rather disappointing stay. Although I'm here on biz, I brought the family so they can enjoy the DC sights.

Day 2: Both room keys stop working
Day 3: body soap not replaced and ran out. Also only 2 towels for 3 people.
Day 4: Toilet paper not replenished, still 2 only towels and the crib provided breaks

Am I being too picky here? I can't recall ever having to make so many service requests.

And yes the renovations are nice .... but they didn't renovate completely. Some of the furniture seems far too worn already.
Old May 11, 2012, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by bigdaddy411
I'm at the Westin TC right now and it's been a rather disappointing stay. Although I'm here on biz, I brought the family so they can enjoy the DC sights.

Day 2: Both room keys stop working
Day 3: body soap not replaced and ran out. Also only 2 towels for 3 people.
Day 4: Toilet paper not replenished, still 2 only towels and the crib provided breaks

Am I being too picky here? I can't recall ever having to make so many service requests.

And yes the renovations are nice .... but they didn't renovate completely. Some of the furniture seems far too worn already.
And today there was no conditioner....sigh.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I have just completed a one-night stay here and was quite disappointed. To me, the hotel had a tired and worn feel. As a Plat, I was given a very basic, dim room that was poorly insulated both against the noise from the hallway (lots of gaps in the thin door) and the nonstop traffic on I495 outside. Made for poor sleep.

My AAA rate included breakfast, but when I got to the buffet it was essentially eaten empty (this was at 10am for an 11am breakfast end) and not refilled. Service was provided by one stressed and curt waiter, who had so much to do that most tables had lots of used plates etc. piled up long after guests left.

In short, I feel like I had stayed at a mediocre Holiday Inn.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Next time try the Sheraton. Since the renovations it's really stepped up it's game. Nice indoor pool, clean refreshed rooms with good views, the club is pretty good for domestic clubs. Also, when the METRO to Tysons opens in winter 2013 (if it opens on-time), there will be a station just outside the Sheraton's door!

Originally Posted by airoli
I have just completed a one-night stay here and was quite disappointed. To me, the hotel had a tired and worn feel. As a Plat, I was given a very basic, dim room that was poorly insulated both against the noise from the hallway (lots of gaps in the thin door) and the nonstop traffic on I495 outside. Made for poor sleep.

My AAA rate included breakfast, but when I got to the buffet it was essentially eaten empty (this was at 10am for an 11am breakfast end) and not refilled. Service was provided by one stressed and curt waiter, who had so much to do that most tables had lots of used plates etc. piled up long after guests left.

Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by airoli

just had a stay here as well, and pretty spot on. hotel is a bit dated. i will say the staff was extremely nice... some of the friendliest front desk people that i've dealt with.

also the green points posted the next day (with the rest of the stay points) which seems to happen not as often as i'd like... so kudos there
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Miler, Bonvoy Titanium, occasional AA Gold
Pretty Dated and run down

The hotel must do a good business, and it shows because it's pretty beat up. I got a standard room on the top floor (never been upgraded as a Plat). My side of the hotel faced I-495 and is extremely noisy (avoid at all costs). Further the seals in the window were held in place by black duct tape (I'm not kidding) which did nothing to block the very loud road noise, and the windows were also very dirty. I asked to move and they moved me promptly to low floor with a room that adjoined another room, which means I can hear everything through the adjoining door, even at a normal level of conversation. (The two guys next door are really enjoying the hockey game.) Generally, the hotel is beat up. Lots of marks on the walls and doors, big stains on the carpets, just overall kind of dark and depressing. In the restaurant there was only one server, whose good humor was the highlight of an otherwise bad stay, despite the fact that he was incredibly harried and overworked. The desk chair was broken and lopsided making it impossible to sit straight while working at the desk. On the plus side, I agree with others that the staff here are great.

Last edited by 60614; Jun 19, 2013 at 7:57 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Red face

Great deal ($68) available at this location:
http://www.spghotescapes.com/city
Mattress run, anyone?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:45 pm

I have stayed at this hotel for multiple times and at this moment I feel obliged to write something for it.

First of all, this hotel is GREAT for a matress run on weekends. Lowest rate ever seen is $60 for a hot escape. What had been better? $99 for a EYD3K rate on weekends which gives you 3000 bonus points -- they chose to make that rate avaialble for all rooms. The EYD3K bargain was killed this June when they made it only available for a 3 nights minimum stay.

The hotel room is lack luster. A typical, nothing special Westin who has seen its age. No club lounge whatsoever.

But the hotel staff is really, really helping. They helped me on numerous situations, including today, where they went out of their way to refund me a non-refundable booking I made a couple of weeks ago, when I made a promise to just extend my stay for 1 day more and I'll need to use a different promotional code.

The front desk manager listened to me carefully, noticed that I made a booking with hot escape rate for $68/night on Friday/Saturday. The Monday rate went for a hefty $233 when I find myself in an awkard situation -- I could have booked somewhere else but I just don't want to...I did however found the Z3H rate available where I get 1 night free after 2 nights. So that makes it $102/day.

Anyways, he showed me on the front desk computer that he manually removed my former reservation, polite me told me a couple of times that it takes time to let the refund show up. Then, since he can't book me with the promotional rate, he let me to book via my cellphone. To my frustration, SPG website won't work at exactly that moment. He took it over again, and manually made the booking for me after verifying the rate on my cellphone. It now shows up in spg system with everything correct.

To make another note, the Plat would have the full breakfast buffet downstairs, which is quite good including various cold cuts, kiwi smoothie, and hot items.

All in all, this hotel constantly gives out excellent, excellent customer service and hospitality. While they don't give you "aspirational rooms", they give you aspirational service even on a Westin standard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.