Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Salzburg, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Salzburg, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 4:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Some winter pics from the hotel's Facebook page.

Looking forward to my stay next week!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:31 am

Programs: SPG
Dear Thomas,

thanks for posting the pics.
Yes, it is very wintery right now in Salzburg and we are enjoying the Xmas markets and the mulled wine.
Wishing all of you Merry Xmas and safe travels in 2011!

Warm wishes from Salzburg,
Starwood Hotels Salzburg
Kristina Mees
Old Dec 29, 2010, 6:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I had quite a nice stay at the Sheraton Salzburg hotel.
We had 3 rooms in total of witch two were upgraded to a executive room and one to a jr. suite.^ The club lounge was awesome, with a beer tap and great food. There is the option at check in to upgrade a normal room to club room for only 60€ which in my opinion is totally worth it as it will be a lot cheaper than a night at the hotel bar! (the suite did get free access to the club lounge as plt benefit but the other rooms did not).

This hotel takes great care of it's elite guests. Also the walk to town is quite easy and short.

Executive room:

Junior suite

Club lounge

Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG-LT Plat, Avis Presidents Club, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
Fantastic Hotel

Stayed here in July, the room was fantistic, the club lounge is exceptional, and hotel staff excellent. Location is great everything is within walking distance (5 min to old town) and is not as crowded as old town is. I would highly recommend this property.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:06 pm

Is there something going in in Salzburg on the weekend of 7-8 May? I was checking out the Sheraton Salzburg and 6-9 May are completely grayed out on the "Browse Dates/Rates" mini link.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I agree with the recent posters - what this hotel lacks in rooms, it makes up for in an EXCELLENT lounge.

The rooms themselves are large (well, I can only speak for the suite, which I got), and the bathroom is very nice - however the decore is a bit tired.

The lounge - however - was truly amazing. Very well stocked. Two different kinds of beers on tap, another 3-4 in bottles below. Breakast was pretty good (smoked salmon, other top-end goodies). In addition, there was a HOT LUNCH available!!!

Good WMF coffee machine, sekt in the AM for a makeshift mimosa.

Stayed here during the recent SZG Beer Do, and was very pleased with the choice.

Would definitely stay here again as a Plat - the lounge is totally worth it!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Cash & Points at Sheraton Salzburg

I have a reservation in mid-September at the Sheraton Salzburg using SPG points & cash combo offer. I'd like to make another reservation around the same time, but the points & cash option is now not available. I do have plenty of time between now and September, and will keep checking, but wondering will the point and cash option come back for this hotel? Also, why is it that sometimes the point and cash option is available, and sometimes not? Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Nice Stay

I had a nice Sunday night stay early April. I was preassigned a junior suite (online reservation detail the night before). The room was large, over the front entrance to the hotel. I selected local wine as Plat amenity and received one bottle each of white and red Austrian wine.

The lounge is great, as described in previous posts. I saw maybe 4 other guests in the lounge between Sunday night and Monday morning.

I would have skipped a move to the Sheraton Jagdhof Monday night had I known how nice the lounge here was. I like beer and this lounge actually provided an opportunity try local beers and different beers.

Valet parking was very reasonable at 17 eruros per day, only 3 more euros than the city parking lot.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by swdke
I have a reservation in mid-September at the Sheraton Salzburg using SPG points & cash combo offer. I'd like to make another reservation around the same time, but the points & cash option is now not available. I do have plenty of time between now and September, and will keep checking, but wondering will the point and cash option come back for this hotel? Also, why is it that sometimes the point and cash option is available, and sometimes not? Thanks.
Keep checking is a good idea, but chances are low.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here on a 3for2 rate at a total of 340 Euros for the 3 days. As a Platinum, upgraded to a junior suite and Club access. I appreciate how, unlike some other fine international hotel lounges I've experienced, they had food and alcohol (at least beer and wine) available the entire day, not just certain hours.

Quiet, and an easy walk to the Old City through the Mirabell gardens. I recommend it highly if you're Platinum. If you aren't, I think it's worth the price of an upgrade to Club.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Air France, Lufthansa, Continental Air
Has anyone stayed here recently?

I have a stay booked over the Christmas holidays, but I am second guessing my reservation. I'm a Platinum member and the club lounge sounds wonderful, but from what I'm reading on trip advisor they will charge my little boy 30 euro to access the lounge (we're two adults, one child). I'm also reading that there is a problem with smoking in the lobby area (I've very, very allergic) and that the property is very worn. Am thinking of canceling and tried to book in at Goldener, but they won't allow a one night booking. May scrap Salzburg all together. Any thoughts?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: SPG LTP
No need to re-consider !

Hotel is not 'worn/dated', even if style is obviously not W or new Westin-ish. 30 EUR for extra child longe access is a bit steep if they truly push that one, but considering full breakfast & maybe some evening bites not totally over the top either ... but most of all: omitting Salzburg because of that would really be a missed opportunity !

Goldener Hirsh is great as well (can't think of any negative word for that pearl, kudos to SPG for being able to keep it in the group), yet even more traditional (again, not dated, just VERY traditional), and no lounge there so you'd easily spend more money on breakfast for 3 etc.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by famtravlworld
i have a stay booked over the christmas holidays, but i am second guessing my reservation. I'm a platinum member and the club lounge sounds wonderful, but from what i'm reading on trip advisor they will charge my little boy 30 euro to access the lounge (we're two adults, one child). I'm also reading that there is a problem with smoking in the lobby area (i've very, very allergic) and that the property is very worn. Am thinking of canceling and tried to book in at goldener, but they won't allow a one night booking. May scrap salzburg all together. Any thoughts?
do not scrap salzburg!!!
Enuff said :d
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:41 am
eph

I absolutely loved my stay here. Possibly my favorite Sheraton property in the world and I'll put it among my top 3. Booked for 2 nights. Was upgraded as a plat to a Sky Suite with a city view on the club floor, came with Bvlgari toiletries, complimentary mini-bar (very nicely stocked) and a bottle of champagne and chocolates; champagne and ice were timely replaced at turndown.

Service at the restaurant is as friendly as you can get in Austria. Location-wise, it's a nice stone's throw away from Mirabell. Rest of the staff absolutely take the initiative to ask about your needs and attend to them. The lounge was very nicely stocked and the breakfast was sufficient (I've been to some that had the bare minimum to qualify as a "lounge" and the breakfast is more like a refreshment).

Highly recommended!
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
I can also only highestly recommend the Sheraton Salzburg!

I have done right now the way through the tripadvisor comments and I am thinking now I have never stayed at this hotel...

The personal is and was always friendly and helpful. The rooms I have gotten are and were all the time clean, big enough and with no need of renovations or something like that. The restaurant was every time very good and the Lounge ( Etage 7 ) is and was outstanding. Parking never was a problem and the bar was never foggy by smoke. Right behind the hotel is the nicest park area around called the Mirabellgarten http://www.salzburg.info/en/sights/f...palace_gardens .
Everthing is near, walking distance roundabout 10 min to the old city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.