Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Staying 2 nights here on a weekend as SPG Gold right now. Friendly checkin, asked about using points to upgrade to a suite and he looked and said they had already had me in a suite ^. Room is a bit dated, but still nice 2 room suite. The checkin agent also said he would program my keys for the lounge. Lounge is very nice and large. See Kenji's review a few posts earlier of the club lounge offerings. That was my exact experience.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:05 am

Presidential Suite

Has anybody ever stayed in the presidential suite? I saw that my upcoming reservation had been upgraded to the presidential suite. I can't find a description online; trying to figure out if it's 2 bedrooms. I'll have my wife and kids with me.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:53 am

Thumbs up very nice to plats

I stayed here three times in the past couple of weeks. They wanted to put me in the presidential suite, but I actually switched to a regular suite to get something with 2 beds because my family was with me. Extra SVC points showed up in my account, which I guess they gave me because I didn't get the presidential suite (not complaining)?
As others have said - the hotel is old and the decor is nothing special, but the staff and club are great - there is wine in the club and it's very spacious. Every staff member I encountered was extremely helpful and friendly. There was somebody passing out drinks to everyone in the pool too - I don't know if he was hotel staff or not, but the drinks were free...
I like this place. For a category 2 in this location and with this staff and service you can't beat the value.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Stay Report: Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

I stayed at this hotel Saturday night. Overall it was a mediocre hotel, but the staff was friendly.

Arrival:
Valet took more than 5 minutes to notice my arrival and offer to park my car. Front Desk staff was friendly, but I had to ask about my room upgrade as a *wood gold. Lounge access was also offered.

Room:
Clean and comfortable. Sweet Sleeper bed, bedding and pillows were very comfortable! No refrigerator or mini bar. Maintenance could be better: Drapes had a falling hemline, Flush valve on toilet leaked and the noisy A/C leaked on your shoulder as you entered the room!

Staff: In general they were knowledgeable and friendly, just a bit slow to initially recognize your presence at the valet and restaurant/bar.

Dinner on Site: Not a good value. Sent a tough steak back and received another tough steak. Note to restaurant manager: reduce portion size of steaks offered and upgrade the quality of the meat.

Breakfast: Buffet had a small selection of fresh items. Scrambled eggs were a solid mass. Service was very good.

Lounge: No attendant on duty, but a selection of veggies, cheese and crackers was offered. At least 12 people attending a wedding reception sneaked in behind someone and cleaned out the buffet.

Note: I agree with "Lucky" at One Mile at a Time that the starwood check-in process vis a vis upgrades could be made more transparent. At check-in I was not automatically offered a *wood gold upgrade until I asked. I received a king room with club access instead of a 'suite' since I didn't want to wait for the suite to be ready. At IHG I am greeted as a priority club member and the upgrade is ready and explained to me. Even at Holiday Inn!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MSPpete
Note: I agree with "Lucky" at One Mile at a Time that the starwood check-in process vis a vis upgrades could be made more transparent. At check-in I was not automatically offered a *wood gold upgrade until I asked. I received a king room with club access instead of a 'suite' since I didn't want to wait for the suite to be ready.
Gold status only entitles you to an "Enhanced room"
An enhanced room includes rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views
They went above and beyond to what they were obliged to give and you still complain?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
My point was I had to ask for an "enhanced room", it was not ready when I arrived nor offered at check-in until I asked for it. I agree that a suite was above and beyond, but not a regular enhanced room.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by MelloChatt
I stayed here three times in the past couple of weeks. They wanted to put me in the presidential suite, but I actually switched to a regular suite to get something with 2 beds because my family was with me. Extra SVC points showed up in my account, which I guess they gave me because I didn't get the presidential suite (not complaining)?
As others have said - the hotel is old and the decor is nothing special, but the staff and club are great - there is wine in the club and it's very spacious. Every staff member I encountered was extremely helpful and friendly. There was somebody passing out drinks to everyone in the pool too - I don't know if he was hotel staff or not, but the drinks were free...
I like this place. For a category 2 in this location and with this staff and service you can't beat the value.
Just wanted to update this. I've stayed here 7 or 8 nights in the past year now. As a platinum I've been automatically to a suite every time. 3 times in a row I was upgraded to the same room that I had told them once before that I liked - a suite with two beds. Alex at the front desk is great. Really good service.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:45 pm

Just wanted to update this. I've stayed here 7 or 8 nights in the past year now. As a platinum I've been automatically to a suite every time. 3 times in a row I was upgraded to the same room that I had told them once before that I liked - a suite with two beds. Alex at the front desk is great. Really good service.
Just another update - I've stayed a couple of more times, the latest time last night. Really wonderful front desk staff - Extremely friendly and helpful. Last night the RC was closed so they apologized and told us to order whatever we wanted in the restaurant for breakfast (5 people). Again - not a fancy place but very comfortable and great to platinums.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold SPG Plat Avis First Marriott Gold
not a fancy place but very comfortable and great to platinums.
+1
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: Club Awesome
Platinum deciding on here or the Westin, any thoughts? Staying a weekend, lounge not that important but chance of upgrade would be very attractive.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by discostu
Platinum deciding on here or the Westin, any thoughts? Staying a weekend, lounge not that important but chance of upgrade would be very attractive.
I live in Indy and have stayed at both (on Friday nights) and have been upgraded at both. The Westin is nicer and better located. You can get to the mall/convention center/etc. without going outside from the Westin. The Sheraton is OK, but I would only stay there if it were significantly less expensive or if the Westin was sold out (which is why I happened to stay there in the first place).
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by discostu
I live in Indy area as well. Upgraded every time at the Sheraton on about a dozen stays. If you are staying on points Sheraton is a cat 2 while Westin is cat 3. So on points I always pick the Sheraton. I am 2/3 on suite upgrades at the Westin.

Only thing I don't like about the Sheraton is all the suites face a crap building, and the other side all rooms facing Monument Circle are standard rooms, so if you want a good view you have to take a standard room.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I had a one night stay this week and as a PLT was upgraded to a 1BR suite (in advance of arrival). At check-in was reminded of lounge access and that they served continental breakfast in the mornings. Was also asked if I would like the points as my PLT amenity -- I forgot to ask what other options were available, will do so when I'm back next month. PLT guests still are given at check-in a gift bag which contains a bottle of water, granola bar (Kashi) and a bag of trail mix.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:47 pm

are the rooms renovated at this property? how far is it to walk to the convention center from here?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by anchor79
are the rooms renovated at this property? how far is it to walk to the convention center from here?
It's about 5 blocks to the convention center (3 south and 2 west), about half of which can be done inside if one wishes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.