Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Las Vegas (formerly Westin Casuarina), NV [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Las Vegas (formerly Westin Casuarina), NV [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
The Westin Las Vegas (formerly Westin Casuarina), NV 2008 onward [Master Thread]

Found hotel has improved

Breakfast at Suede very good and treatment by staff was Gd

25 dollar gaming credit nice touch
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Have just checked in to this hotel and was told that there is a new amenity - 500 bonus Starpoints for checking out before 11am. Nice...
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Have just checked in to this hotel and was told that there is a new amenity - 500 bonus Starpoints for checking out before 11am. Nice...
How do you ask for this? I checked in recently and was not offered this
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
indeed a nice addition. got it last week ^
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Checked out today and was not told about the 500 points for early checkout.

Anyways, the hotel is substandard in the area. The rate was great but I don't think I will be returning.

They did waive the amenity charge, the front desk staff are just fantastic. I went down for breakfast a little late on Saturday (1:00 pm) and was told that breakfast ends at 12:00 pm, I showed them on their website where it says that it finished at 3:00 pm, I did order something off the menu and the hotel comped it.

The breakfast is listed at $19.95 and it is not that great, where other hotels on the strip offer better buffet's for $15-$16.

The staff are wonderful but the hotel is not for me.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
The breakfast is listed at $19.95 and it is not that great, where other hotels on the strip offer better buffet's for $15-$16.

The staff are wonderful but the hotel is not for me.
The thing to keep in mind is that this is not a strip hotel. If you want a mega-strip experience, which is fine, then this isn't the right hotel no matter what the breakfast is.

If you don't want a mega-strip experience, which is also fine, then this property is a good option.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Exec Premier, SPG Platinum, AmEx Platinum
We all know it's not a strip hotel and don't expect it to be one. But that aside, it's just a really old highrise that needs to be razed and rebuilt. The property stinks no matter how you slice it. There are myriad Holiday Inn Expresses and Best Westerns throughout the nation that are far better buildings than this old shoe.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
How do you ask for this? I checked in recently and was not offered this
I didn't ask - the check-in desk just told me about it as we were running through all of the Gold amenities.

The bill at check-out doesn't show expected Starpoints, so I'll just have to hope that they post as promised...
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by JackE
The thing to keep in mind is that this is not a strip hotel. If you want a mega-strip experience, which is fine, then this isn't the right hotel no matter what the breakfast is.

If you don't want a mega-strip experience, which is also fine, then this property is a good option.
I didn't mind the breakfast, I was only comparing the prices of other hotels far much better buffet's which goes less than the Westin's mediocre buffet.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
The Westin Las Vegas (formerly Westin Casuarina), NV 2008 onward [Master Thread]

I think the Breaky is ok
The ARIA breakfast ( for example ) is better but I love the seats at Suede and the donughts are greattt!!!!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by BulaRae
We all know it's not a strip hotel and don't expect it to be one. But that aside, it's just a really old highrise that needs to be razed and rebuilt. The property stinks no matter how you slice it. There are myriad Holiday Inn Expresses and Best Westerns throughout the nation that are far better buildings than this old shoe.
I've never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express or Best Western, so I will have to defer to your nationwide experience with both of them.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Smile

I've never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express or Best Western, so I will have to defer to your nationwide experience with both of them.
If you've stayed at the W Chicago, same difference!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Exec Premier, SPG Platinum, AmEx Platinum
Good to know!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BulaRae
I stayed here once several years ago (right after Planet Hollywood left Starwood). I decided SPG points were not enough to entice me to continue staying at this property. Also, the rates tend to be higher than better properties in the Vegas market.

I just checked a mid-week date in February. The Westin is $15-$30 per night higher than Caesars Palace, Planet Hollywood and Paris.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:08 am

Anyone know if they are still waiving resort fees for platinum's on request?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.