FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   (Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/706079-pre-2019-marriott-bonvoy-hotels-shanghai-china.html)

Wayne Aug 26, 2003 2:27 pm

JW Marriott Shanghai Reports

Does anyone know when this hotel will open? The web site says September, but not when in September.

V9 Oct 18, 2003 9:44 pm

It finally opened! Anyone stayed there?

HKBong Jan 6, 2004 2:57 am

JW Marriott Shanghai Review

Ok, let me tell you this hotel is sexy without a doubt. The looks outside dont fool you. I am in Shanghai and I am staying there right now.

JW Marriott is located in Tomorrow Plaza which is right next to People's Park/Square which is a hub on the train station line. The location is spectacular. Tomorrow Plaza has been built for seven years and finally finished. The joke is that the plaza will be built tomorrow and will never finish. This building is the tallest building in Pu Xi. Plaza 66 used to be the tallest. M arriott is the second tallest hotel in Shanghai after the GRand Hyatt in Pu Dong. This location is prime because of where it is and ease of transportation.

Hotel
The hotel lobby is located onthe 38th floor of the building while the lower floors being the service apartments. I had a package rate which made my room really really cheap and most likely the cheapest in the hotel. I was placed in room 4702. This room is pretty big, two queen size beds, a large bathroom with bath and shower. Amenities were great. View was excellent. Nothign mroe to say about the room. I will finish this later on but i have to run to dinner with some friends.

richarddd Mar 17, 2004 5:59 am

Marriott Shanghai

I'm thinking of staying at the Marriott Hongqiao and Ramada Plaza Pudong. Anyone have any experience with these hotels?

Is there anything I should know about promotions, etc.? I don't have status with Marriott.

twebst Mar 17, 2004 7:27 am

I have never been to the Ramada, but have stayed at the marriott on several occaisions. In fact I will be going there on saturday.It is a very nice and comfortable property. I have never been upgraded, but the rooms are nice sized on their own. Breakfast is good. Steakhouse is OK, but not bad for PRC.

goldarm Mar 17, 2004 6:16 pm

If you are referring to the JW Marriott in Shanghai, I stayed there about 1 month ago. Very, Very nice overall, Outstanding rooms and a great concierge lounge. Try out the library room if you can get access. Did not try the restaurant however. Less than 1/2 hour to PVG airport on a Saturday morning with a maniac cabbie.

richarddd Mar 17, 2004 8:19 pm

Nice and comfortable is good. That's about all I'm looking for.

The JW Marriott is a different property. Full name is JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square, which is not the Marriott at Hongqiao airport.

lpeterman Jun 9, 2004 9:34 am

JW Marriott Shanghai Reports

I have done a search and found several posts concerning this hotel, but they don't address one of my interests.

I'm looking for a 5 star hotel in Shanghai, with a good executive level/lounge, AND an out door pool, with large sitting area in which to enjoy liters of Beijing beer. :)

The JW web site says they have a pool, but is it just for looks or can you actually enjoy it?

Anyone help - or suggest other hotels?

R&R Jun 9, 2004 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by lpeterman
I have done a search and found several posts concerning this hotel, but they don't address one of my interests.

I'm looking for a 5 star hotel in Shanghai, with a good executive level/lounge, AND an out door pool, with large sitting area in which to enjoy liters of Beijing beer. :)

The JW web site says they have a pool, but is it just for looks or can you actually enjoy it?

After a few liters of beer, the last thing you will need is a pool!

:D

twebst Jun 10, 2004 6:34 am

Hongqiao

I like the Marriott Hongqiao . Not only is it convenient, but teh executive lounge staff is fantastic. The pool is is inside, but the beer at Champions will make up for it.

VinceLee Jun 10, 2004 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by lpeterman

I guanrantee you that JW Marriot Tomorrow Square in Shanghai is a very upscale hotel.

It's my favorite hotel in Shanghai. I ran into Meg Whitman there two months ago.

Froeken Jun 11, 2004 6:35 pm

Where to stay in Shanghai with points?

I am going to spend a week of vacation with my husband and 4-year old in march of next year (in connection with a work trip). I plan to stay at a Marriott using points. Which would be the best option for a family of 3? Looking for location, facilities (pool, fitness, spa etc.) and comfortable rooms/suites. Sightseeing and shopping like maniacs is the plan.

What do you guys think? Where do we book? Any suggestions on room type also most welcome.

Froeken

Patron Jun 12, 2004 9:26 am

JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square (Cat 6)

goldarm Jun 12, 2004 2:34 pm

I am at the JW Marriott in Tomorrow Sq right now. I concur that this would be an excellent selection for your requirements on pool (7th floor inside and outside), spa (Mandara), and health club (very nice). Location is great for walks in Tomorrow square, shopping is a short distance away and there are many restaurants outside the hotel and inside including the California Grill, JW marriott lounge, Marriott Cafe and Wan Hao (Cantonese).

Rooms are lavishly appointed and views are nice on clear days (if any). The hotel begin at the lobby on the 38th floor and rooms run up to the 58 or 59 the floor. The Executive lounge is one of the best I have been in.

moondog Jun 13, 2004 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Patron
JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square (Cat 6)

yes, no question (though i personally wouldn't waste points in shanghai -- too many decent options at around $60 per night)