Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Silver, PC Plat
Hii - heading to Maui in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has rented either of the gazebos by the pool. Going rates are $125-150. Has anyone had any recent experience with these? Was it worth it?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, WJ Platinum, AC 50K
Originally Posted by lkar
1) Welcome to Flyertalk.

2) It's all island time anyway. When they're done they're done. Until the trucks are packed up, there's no answer you can get that you can rely on.
Originally Posted by BulaRae
Stay at the Sheraton.
Thanks guys ^
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:50 pm
tnw

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jBrodes
Hii - heading to Maui in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has rented either of the gazebos by the pool. Going rates are $125-150. Has anyone had any recent experience with these? Was it worth it?
We were there in October and happened to stop in the towel booth by the pool. We purchased a couple of pairs of Maui Jim sunglasses and they gave us a complimentary covered gazebo by the pool. We wouldn't have paid for one, but after enjoying it for a full day, it is pretty nice. We had 4 adults in it and it was quite comfortable. Good drink and food service (not complimentary), comfortable lounge chairs. We were looking out to the beach and near a pool. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jBrodes
When we were there in August we used the regular chairs. The family next to us who rented the gazebo ended up moving to uncovered chairs as they found it uncomfortably hot in them.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Silver, PC Plat
Thanks for the info tnw and ghia74! Much appreciated
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by ghia74
When we were there in August we used the regular chairs. The family next to us who rented the gazebo ended up moving to uncovered chairs as they found it uncomfortably hot in them.
In Jan/Feb I don't think you'll have that issue.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
Used them both back in June. The one on the South is closer to the beach but you're like on a pedestal and exposed--to lookies and the wind. The northern is a lot more private and larger (not an issue with only 4 adults).

Feb maybe a bit cold for anything other than looking around on it, so paying full price may not be worth it. It's a 3rd party managing the rentals now, so don't know if they'll bargain or not. The pool is 'heated'. the wind really cools off the temp, so depending on whether you're a midwest person vs cali person....so will your perception of the temperature of the pool.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: American Airlines, SPG
Heading to the Westin in 2 weeks - just be clear we should make sure we are in the Beach Tower NOT the Ocean tower to avoid construction noise correct?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Exec Premier, SPG Platinum, AmEx Platinum
Originally Posted by sthomes
Heading to the Westin in 2 weeks - just be clear we should make sure we are in the Beach Tower NOT the Ocean tower to avoid construction noise correct?

Thanks in advance!
Yes.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Quick question for past guests -

Do they give you a lei upon arrival? I'm traveling with my mom, and if thy didn't, id get one ready with me at the airport when she arrives. A bit hokey maybe, but she'd love it, and you gotta keep mom happy!

Thanks guys!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:26 pm
tnw

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt
Originally Posted by freeloader
Quick question for past guests -

Do they give you a lei upon arrival? I'm traveling with my mom, and if thy didn't, id get one ready with me at the airport when she arrives. A bit hokey maybe, but she'd love it, and you gotta keep mom happy!

Thanks guys!
They do but I believe it is a shell lei, not floral. Stayed on several islands in October so I may be mixing them up.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tnw
They do but I believe it is a shell lei, not floral. Stayed on several islands in October so I may be mixing them up.
Awesome, thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:00 am

This is dreadful, is 6:30am and all I can hear is pounding & beeping noises. Do not stay at this hotel until construction is completed

Edit: this is not from the construction - they have the worlds loudest elevator, which we were (un)fortunate enough to get a room next to. Didn't notice it yesterday as we checked in & immediately left to go on an all day hike then got back & crashed soon as our heads hit the pillow from exhaustion so just noticed it when I was woken up this morning & was b*tching about the construction & got on the elevator to go down & complain & noticed they beep the whole time their moving & are very loud otherwise.

So another tip for this hotel, don't stay near an elevator.

Last edited by ukyank; Jan 23, 2014 at 10:21 am
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ukyank

So another tip for this hotel, don't stay near an elevator.
I second that. I demanded a new room. The buzzes that elevator makes at each floor is ridiculously loud.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by ghia74
I second that. I demanded a new room. The buzzes that elevator makes at each floor is ridiculously loud.
They too put us in a room next to the elevator back when I was Plat and travelling with our 6 month old daughter. They refused to move us or even offer an apology (it was July/August, but still).

Made it a point to tell everybody that I knew who was going to Maui to stay elsewhere.

Cheers,

Adrian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.