Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Very INTERESTING but really solid!

Let's get this out of the way - the design here is bold and at some times, a bit ugly. However, I appreciate that the hotel feels unique and true to itself. The contrast between the sleek glass towers and bold colors of the interior is striking and thought-provoking. I found a photo of Peter Wall standing in front of One Wall Centre wearing a lavender scarf - it seems like he basically built a property that mimics his own aesthetic. I appreciate this and am glad I got to experience it.

Now, on to the hotel - I was placed in a Junior Suite on the 29th of 35 floors in the South Tower. One Wall Centre is the North Tower - rooms there go up to floor 27. The Junior Suite is small but does consist of a small sitting room and a semi-separated bedroom with no door. There are two TVs, but sadly no Internet TV OS (frankly the worst part of the room). The sitting room has no couch but does have two armchairs and a very plush ottoman. Frankly, this setup was actually pretty comfortable at least for one person. There is also a large work desk. The bedroom pretty much only has room for a bed. Very oddly, the bed here uses Marriott linens - the same as are used in almost all full-service Marriotts. This was a massive plus for me as I love these linens. The bed was great - mattress not too soft and not too firm, lovely just-right and non-lumpy pillows, and very smooth and soft sheets! I slept very well - all the way to 8 AM Pacific which is unheard of for me!

The bathroom was designed a bit more beige and had two vanities (one behind the door). The walk-in shower was a good size and had very passable pressure. The bathroom was the sight of the only cleanliness issue - some staining left on the shower door handle. I wiped it off.

The view from the room was of the south but was very pleasant with buildings, trees, and ships in the water.

The Club Lounge is on the 25th and 26th floors (enter on 25) of the South Tower. The lounge is open from until 10 PM daily with breakfast and evening services 7 days a week. The lounge always seemed well-staffed with multiple attendants. They do check room numbers during services. There is an outdoor balcony, but it stays pretty wet. I am not a fan of lounges, but this one was actually quite nice. There were delicious chocolate cookies set out throughout the day. Evening service had a curry dish and other appetizers (I did not try). Breakfast service had some really tasty scrambled eggs, pork sausage patties, and really good chocolate croissants (I had two).

Service was pretty good. I booked a Corner Large room as that was the one available at booking. I was then downgraded the morning of to a High Floor King. At check-in, I notified them of my booking. They apologized, said it was a system mistake, and moved me to a Junior Suite. I recognize the Corner Large might have been cooler, but it still seems like a good outcome. Engineering came quickly to fix the safe battery. Lounge attendants were friendly. The housekeeper on my floor was very nice and asked me how the room was after I checked in (I did not bring up the shower handle stain because she was so friendly). No late checkout offered at check-in. I was told to ask the next morning, which I didn't do as I don't need it this time.

3 operational elevators in the South Tower could get a bit tight, but I LOVE the lit-up elevator panels. Another fun thing was the weather mirror in each guest floor that lights up with the current weather condition.

The health club and pool complex seemed very large.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

Vaclav and DELee like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
A couple of additions:
  • The shower pressure is actually pretty good - I think I understated it.
  • Nice Gilchrist + Soames products, especially the liquid hand wash.
  • Towels are super soft and clean.
  • I'm going slow this morning - called down to Service Express and asked for 1 PM checkout. Confirmed without a problem.
  • Service Express answers the phones really fast - 3 for 3 calls.
traveldog likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:03 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
A couple of additions:
  • The shower pressure is actually pretty good - I think I understated it.
  • Nice Gilchrist + Soames products, especially the liquid hand wash.
  • Towels are super soft and clean.
  • I'm going slow this morning - called down to Service Express and asked for 1 PM checkout. Confirmed without a problem.
  • Service Express answers the phones really fast - 3 for 3 calls.
Thanks for the pics. Your room has really nice views! My stay is coming up in about a week, but am not expecting any upgrade. Did you by chance have a car? I can't stomach the parking rate the hotel charges and have been scouring the web for info on more palatable, but safe alternatives (have read numerous reports of break-ins at paid garages).

LAX
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
Thanks for the pics. Your room has really nice views! My stay is coming up in about a week, but am not expecting any upgrade. Did you by chance have a car? I can't stomach the parking rate the hotel charges and have been scouring the web for info on more palatable, but safe alternatives (have read numerous reports of break-ins at paid garages).

LAX
Unfortunately, I didn't have a car. As for upgrades, I would stay hopeful - the hotel was fully sold out online, and I still got a Junior Suite :-)
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
MB properties in Canada put the US to shame.

It's like 2 different worlds.
Vaclav likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:48 pm

Has anyone who stayed here recently (in the last two years)? Have you been offered upgrades? I'm have a PointSaver award here next weekend for a low floor room. I would like to pay to upgrade as I don't have enough points to upgrade. I'm only a lowly Gold with Bonvoy and I also am using two free night certificates, so that's another reason I can't pay more points for a higher floor room.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTraveler
Has anyone who stayed here recently (in the last two years)? Have you been offered upgrades? I'm have a PointSaver award here next weekend for a low floor room. I would like to pay to upgrade as I don't have enough points to upgrade. I'm only a lowly Gold with Bonvoy and I also am using two free night certificates, so that's another reason I can't pay more points for a higher floor room.
I stay here often. Will be there next weekend. Find the chances of an upgrade to be dependent on the length of one’s stay (fewer nights = better chances and better upgrade) and capacity. Your rate or the fact you’re using points will probably not figure into the equation. I wouldn’t pay to upgrade.Don’t believe it’s worth it. Suggest that instead, you wait and see what’s offered at check in. If you’re not automatically upgraded, then ask if anything is available.
Vaclav likes this.

Last edited by traveldog; Nov 20, 2023 at 3:48 am
Old Nov 30, 2023, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by LAX

LAX
Did you end up parking at the hotel or you found cheaper alternatives?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:52 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by nacho
The question of parking here comes up occasionally. If I remember, some guests managed to park at the hospital paid parking lot across the street. There is also huge indoor parking further down the road towards Robson street, in front of the Sutton Place hotel, apparently cheaper.
nacho likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vaclav
The question of parking here comes up occasionally. If I remember, some guests managed to park at the hospital paid parking lot across the street. There is also huge indoor parking further down the road towards Robson street, in front of the Sutton Place hotel, apparently cheaper.
Who wants to pay CAD 55 a day for parking in Vancouver? I am thinking about going on Christmas day, where no office should be open and the parking rate is lower in other places too.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 1:21 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by nacho
I did end up parking at the hospital lot for the overnight hours when it was half empty.

LAX
nacho likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:29 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Had an eventful stay at the hotel.

on 12/24 night someone rammed their car in the south tower building. Thankfully no one was hurt but it did create panic.

Requested a late checkout at 2 pm for being a Platinum. Was outright rejected stating they are a convention hotel and are not bound to honor late checkout and was asked to vacate at 12 pm.
I confirmed with MBonvoyAssist over Twitter and they confirmed that the hotel isn’t a convention hotel as stated by the hotel.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We were there during the same time period. The person checking us in was really by the book - we had an agreement with the hotel that the reservation is made under Mr's name and then use my LTP benefits. That front desk refused it even after having seen the email. We insisted and he eventually went to see his manager and then said it was ok...

The next day we met a better front desk and we moved to the North Tower because the siren. So we didn't see the crash. We got 2pm late check-out though.

Last edited by nacho; Jan 1, 2024 at 6:46 pm
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:31 am

Programs: AA- exec platinum;Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Platinum
@nacho , I will be in the same situation with wife being a gold elite and reservation under her name using free night certs. Will be at hotel for 2 nights in June. I would like to request honoring if possible of my LTP elite befits ( lounge access, room upgrade ..) who did you write to ? Can you please share contact info and also, how do you approach for a positive result. Hate to go through your experience with the desk clerk . Thank you very much
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:33 am

Programs: AA- exec platinum;Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Platinum
Which tower is better, north or south ? For a good water view .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.