Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in metro area of Detroit, MI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in metro area of Detroit, MI

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:27 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JMikula
Two quick questions:

- what service or amenity could we offer in place of the brkst on wknds?
- as a gold or plat elite would you prefer more reward points and no brkst coupon? (we are testing this now at the hotel)
1. Possibly a room credit (i.e. $10 or something like that.) A free movie. Make two choices on the Plat amenity card. I don't know much about what services your hotel offers, but if you had poolside cabanas for rent, you could offer either a reduced price or free use. (I realize that given your location you probably don't have pool cabanas, but used that as an example.)

2. Depends on the award points offered, but for some it might be an option. Another option that I am starting to see in some SPG hotels is offering daily points for not cleaning the room.

BTW, thanks for dropping by on FT. It is noticed and appreciated. ^
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton-DIA, IHG-Plat Amb, Hyatt-DIA, SPG-Plat & 3 star, Marriott-Gold, Nat'l-Exec, NWA-Sil
Been to both - the Baronette is close to a lot more food options - no lounge, and didn't give coupons - was there as gold - but you may have more "clout". Livonia does have a lounge/access, and very close to the Novi area w/ just as many dining/shopping options. You should also check out The Henry - stayed there the day of the change - the once Ritz in Dearborn - also has lounge, but check on weekend status
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:43 am
Company Representative - Baronette Renaiisance

Sorry that I am late responding... Am on vacation
Plat Elite members get a choice of points or an amenity upon arrival. Most of our Plat Elites take the points.
THX
Jim - BR GM

Originally Posted by physicsupr
Hi all,

I'll be staying at the Baronette Renaissance this weekend and this is the first time I became platinum. Does anyone know what to expect at this property as for platinum arrival gifts? Bottle of Wine w/Fruit and Cheese? other options ?something else?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:53 am
Company Representative - Baronette Renaiisance

THX for the ideas! We will test the room credit idea. We do offer points in lieu of cleaning the room during a stay as well and had become popular.

Originally Posted by hhoope01
1. Possibly a room credit (i.e. $10 or something like that.) A free movie. Make two choices on the Plat amenity card. I don't know much about what services your hotel offers, but if you had poolside cabanas for rent, you could offer either a reduced price or free use. (I realize that given your location you probably don't have pool cabanas, but used that as an example.)

2. Depends on the award points offered, but for some it might be an option. Another option that I am starting to see in some SPG hotels is offering daily points for not cleaning the room.

BTW, thanks for dropping by on FT. It is noticed and appreciated. ^
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
It's been some time since someone reviewed the Marriott RenCen. I need to visit a client downtown and was thinking of the RenCen or the Westin. The Westin is a little closer to my client but either one would be good location-wise.

Anybody stay in downtown Detroit lately?

Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
It's been some time since someone reviewed the Marriott RenCen. I need to visit a client downtown and was thinking of the RenCen or the Westin. The Westin is a little closer to my client but either one would be good location-wise.

Anybody stay in downtown Detroit lately?

Thanks!
I usually stay at the RenCen when in town...the GM and I go way back - one of the best (and really old school...he'd hate it if I called him an "old timer" so I wont)...but I haven't stayed at "The Book Cadillac" yes so I can't give a decent comparison but I know the management company of that hotel as well - they run a decent operation, quality company, I dont think you can go wrong with either but the RenCen has awesome views
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite (until Feb 12)
Sorry, so what is the latest encounter on Sat night stay with Gold Elite. (no breakfast coupon?)
Planning on a stay at this Renaissance hotel.

BTW, how often does this hotel upgrade room?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: American ExPlt 4M, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rkmontoya
I stayed at the Livonia Marriott for about 6 months, so I know all of the details about the hotel. Does anyone have any information about the new Baronette Renaissance?

I am flying up my brothers and my dad, and we are going to a U of Michigan game on Labor Day Weekend. My company has a rate of $82 (includes bfast and internet) at the Livonia Marriott, or $90 at the Baronette.

Any help with this decision would be great!
I stayed there about 2 months ago and it is a great hotel. Wonderful renovation and just got a contract for work in the area and my staff will be staying there.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Any updates on what they offer Plats on weekends?

Cheers.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:53 am

Will be staying at the Ren tomorrow night. I called the property today to see if the GM who posted in this thread would be working tomorrow, so I could meet him. He's no longer there. Because I'm short on time/running late to leave today, I didn't ask if he transferred to a dif property or left Marriott. The FDC I spoke with was quite friendly, and will be working when I check in tomorrow.

Will do a 'trip report' after my stay, although given it will be Xmas Eve it might be totally accurate for reg biz stays.

Cheers.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Will be staying at the Ren tomorrow night. I called the property today to see if the GM who posted in this thread would be working tomorrow, so I could meet him. He's no longer there. Because I'm short on time/running late to leave today, I didn't ask if he transferred to a dif property or left Marriott. The FDC I spoke with was quite friendly, and will be working when I check in tomorrow.

Will do a 'trip report' after my stay, although given it will be Xmas Eve it might be totally accurate for reg biz stays.

Cheers.
Any update Sharon? Might stay there this Thursday.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Any update Sharon? Might stay there this Thursday.
I ended up staying at The Dearborn Inn, so didn't make it to the Baronette Ren.

When I contacted them last month to get an update on lounge, was told the following:

NO LOUNGE; COUPONS for Gold/Plat M-F only; Gold/Plats also get a few complimentary items from pantry (not specified which items); 07/15/12 update

Cheers.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:48 pm
Wow

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I ended up staying at The Dearborn Inn, so didn't make it to the Baronette Ren.

When I contacted them last month to get an update on lounge, was told the following:

NO LOUNGE; COUPONS for Gold/Plat M-F only; Gold/Plats also get a few complimentary items from pantry (not specified which items); 07/15/12 update

Cheers.
Stayed there a while back and coupon was not for a full breakfast. IIRC they had a separate table set up for about an hour and you could get coffee, juice, and a pastry item. Or if you missed the hour they had that then you could use the coupon towards your choice of breakfast items but the coupon was only good for eight dollars. You had to pay the balance which was about another eight or ten dollars.

Would suggest that you call the property and find out details.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:01 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Wow
Stayed there a while back and coupon was not for a full breakfast. IIRC they had a separate table set up for about an hour and you could get coffee, juice, and a pastry item. Or if you missed the hour they had that then you could use the coupon towards your choice of breakfast items but the coupon was only good for eight dollars. You had to pay the balance which was about another eight or ten dollars.
Assuming this is the policy; it would be very disappointing. Perhaps the least generous elite breakfast benefit I've heard of at any Renaissance property.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
......perhaps you got a limited breakfast because that's ALL you're entitled to:

".............we invite you to enjoy complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays"
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...ts/platinum.mi

Originally Posted by Wow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.