Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Calgary Sheraton Eau Claire Suites or Cavalier [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calgary Sheraton Eau Claire Suites or Cavalier [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Silv, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,
If you dont need to be downtown both are great picks, Carvers is a great place to eat at that end of town, Cattle Barron across the street is pretty good as well, best in the NE is Reef&Beef a few blocks away on 32nd just shy of 16th.

Depending on plans both make great tourist hotels, if your in town for the stampede the Cavalier is the better choice as its close the c-train, but if your in Calgary to enjoy the mountains the 4-points saves you the cross city commute.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:50 am

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
How far is Banff from the 4pts?

How far to Banff?
Kananaskis? (kayaking?)
Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Christian
How far to Banff?
Kananaskis? (kayaking?)
Thanks!
From the four points Banff is about 90min Kananaskis- ~30min to elbow falls on the bragg creek side, 60min to highway 40 /lakes side.

From the Cav its about 20-30minutes across the city to get to west exit of the city where the four points sits.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:06 pm

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
thanks

sounds like a decent location to redeem and enjoy banff area.
Cheers!
Old Mar 8, 2007, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Christian
sounds like a decent location to redeem and enjoy banff area.
Cheers!
Theres a four points in Canmore which is very nice and a lot closer to Banff, Canmore is right at the park gates and is about 15-20 minutes from the town of Banff.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: nwa united delta
Canmore is a nice little town!
The Canmore 4P view is impressive, all by itself just off of the exit ramp.
They have a hot tub but no pool.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by flyaway101
I have stayed at both Cavalier and 4P a few times. Cavalier pool is
wonderful with 3 warter slides and the Cavalier steak house has outstanding food! Very friendly service and the rooms are the bets I have seen, yes you pay for internet. Proximity to the airport is a plus though their shuttle charged me a couple of dollars for the ride.

4P is a bit far away and on the way to Banff. Again, friendly service, great rooms. The Ember (or Amber) restaurant is top notch.

I prefer these two to Westin or Sheraton Suites Eau Claire b/c of free parking and not being in downtown.
2 water slides, a pool, kiddies pool and 2 hot tubs with, what always feels like, different temperatures. Overall, a great place especially if you have kids. Club level not that great but both Golds and Plats get access - the problem is that they only grant Golds access at night; not in the morning for breakfast. The lounge is also closed at 2130 hrs weeknights and is not open on weekends. I used to use it just for a quiet place to work at night while the kids slept. They have suites with separate bedrooms that face north as well.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by dark169
From the four points Banff is about 90min Kananaskis- ~30min to elbow falls on the bragg creek side, 60min to highway 40 /lakes side.

From the Cav its about 20-30minutes across the city to get to west exit of the city where the four points sits.
I would say it's only about 60 minutes from the 4 points to Banff as I live about 5 minutes away from the 4 points and it only takes me 45 minutes to Canmore and of course Banff is not much further (driving between 110-120 km/h, speed limt is 110 until you hit the park gates). Mind you if it is your first visit then the drive could take 90 mins or longer as the scenery is breathtaking causing you to drive slower!
Old Mar 17, 2007, 9:47 pm

Programs: AC*E50K, CX Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Singlepoint
Just stayed this past weekend again on Club level at the Eau Claire. IMHO, the rooms aren't that much better than the "regular" rooms - albeit a bit bigger etc. I've also never seen anything on Club level with a jacuzzi tub; something you can get with a slightly upgraded traditional room. The real benefit is the Club lounge which has to be among the best in Canada as the breakfasts and evening hors deuvers are excellent (along with terrific service throughout the hotel). As a Gold, I wouldn't get Club access otherwise at this property. I know that's the T & Cs but someone here on FT said s/he was given Club access even though they were Gold as well. Tried it this weekend but to no avail so I stayed in the Club level room I had booked. FYI, the Sheraton Cavalier grants both Golds and Plats access into the Club lounge albeit without breakfast..? (seems weird).

Singlepoint
Very wierd. I'm in Sheraton Eau Claire right now and I have access to the lounge even though I'm only a gold. Last time I was here, I did not have access to the lounge. Don't know why.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:00 am

I'd like to give a big thumbs up ^ to the folks at the Sheraton Cav. again I had booked a night for the first weekend of april on a nonrefundable/changeable rate (in my attempt to get plat this year) and somethings come up, they allowed me to bump it to another weekend with no hassle/charge.
I would have at least expected a rate change but like always they treat their customers like customers.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 4:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, BA Gold
I can only agree with y'all...the Sheraton Cav is a great place to stay. Been there twice now and last time as Plat got a king suite upgrade...sweet...
Staff is very friendly and helpful. No hassle at check-in desk they are very professional when it comes to Plat upgrades.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
I'm at the Eau Claire now. Had the same experience as the OP, and they offered me the upgraded room on my next stay within only 6 months. I'd rather have some points or $$ knocked off - is it easy to bargain for this?
Also, I've never stayed at club level - How nice is it?
Old Jul 15, 2007, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Eau Claire has one of the best lounge I seen in North America. Great spread for breakfast and evening. I was given a regular room with club access on my first stay and a club room on club flor on my 2nd stay if I remember correctly. The Club lounge is definitely worth the extra money.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
The rooms on the club floor may be the same size as the ones on the regular floors. They do have additional amenities (such as a Bose stereo) included.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:51 pm

Programs: S.E, Preferred Select, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Scott218
The rooms on the club floor may be the same size as the ones on the regular floors. They do have additional amenities (such as a Bose stereo) included.
Just in the middle of another stay at the Eau Claire in Calgary and I must say everytime I'm here they impress me. The service level at this hotel is a 6 out of 5. The staff is absolutely amazing and is incredibly attentive. I'm impressed by the small things such as the complimentary shoe shine service, the turn down service that gives you tomorrows weather and the slippers that are laid out for you as well as the humidifier in the rooms to combat the dry air.

The club lounge breakfast is one of the best in the system. The only negative I can say about this property is the fitness center is small and has a low ceiling but other than that the service and room quality is just unparalleled.

Overall a must stay for anyone that is spending time in Calgary!

I'm looking forward to future stays here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.