Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Calgary Sheraton Eau Claire Suites or Cavalier [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calgary Sheraton Eau Claire Suites or Cavalier [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Ahem...it's an all-suite property no?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by snarkleupagus
Just wanted to echo the recommendation for Joey's, which is a nice trendy chain restaurant in Eau Claire Market.
The eye candy is better than the food, and the food is pretty good and reasonably satisfying.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:10 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by WannaFlyJ
I needed to print a large document (150 pages, printing 2 up so really 75 physical pages) and the printer that is available in Link@Sheraton in the lobby is so slow.... Seriously my Image Writter 2 I had in 1985 on my Apple ][c is faster. It is spitting out pages of 1 every 70 seconds... Something needs to be done about this dreadful thing..
I know! . It took me like ALLLL day to color print, collate, and laminate CurCorp's annual shareholder reports and prospectus'. I am highly disappointed and going to the Palliser as they may have faster printers there.

Originally Posted by Singlepoint
If you're speaking of the lot across from the Eau Claire, I'm not sure anyone can overnight park. I think this is standard in most cities, no ?
Singlepoint
Which cities on this planet have streets and/or lots that forbid overnight parking? The surface lot across from the Sheraton does allow overnight (because where else are people going to store their car?) and at a hefty cost, $25 IIRC.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: *wood gold, aeroplan
I would say the Sheraton Eau Claire is the best of the starwood brand in Calgary. Just stayed there overnight on Friday (needed 1 more stay to keep gold). Staff was friendly, hotel was fine - what I expected from the brand. I noticed the furniture was looking a little tired.

They will be remodelling the lobby this spring and I suspect some of the rooms following that.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
Sheraton Eau Claire

The Sheraton Club Lounge is great at this hotel as well. Hot and cold breakfast buffet, friendly staff and in the summer one can eat outside on their patio deck. It is my favourite Sheraton property in Canada.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Anyone been to the Cavalier recently? What is their lounge offering like, both evening and breakfast? I believe the property has undergone a recent renovation, just wondering what the community thinks of this property as I may pay it a visit later this month while doing some work at the airport...

Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Not sure if you consider it recently, but last summer a few of my colleagues stayed there. No real complaints other than the distance from downtown (doesn't apply if you're by the airport). They said that it wasn't as nice as Eau Claire or the Westin, but it sounded solid overall.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
I stay at the Cavalier regularly and it is good value for a stay if you need to be in NE Calgary, or any points north. In my experience, the staff here are excellent. I don't think I've ever had a bad stay here in 35+ visits. It isn't as nice as the Eau Claire but then it also isn't at that price point. It's a very solid, reliable property.

The club lounge was renovated last year and it is a good place to relax. The food is standard - good breakfast with hot items and a few appies at night. Service is very attentive.

The fitness centre was reno'd about 18 months ago and is much, much better than it used to be.

There are some good food options within five minutes of the hotel, including my favourite Thai restaurant in the city, Thai Boat.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Thank you both very kindly. That helps a lot. I'll try it out and post a report upon my return. It's been over 5 years since I was last there for a quick overnight stay.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:10 pm

Currently at the Sheraton Cavalier, excellent rate and very nice hotel.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: AC SE, *A Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hearna
Currently at the Sheraton Cavalier, excellent rate and very nice hotel.
good lounge as well? comparing to the Marriott in Edmonton?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.