Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC*E50K, CX Gold, SPG Gold
I was there last night too. I was on the 14th floor.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 5:01 pm
GIJ

Programs: SPG Plus, AC Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I've got rooms booked for the next 2 Saturdays as well, even though the room will probably be vacant next weekend, and I'm giving it to a friend for the long weekend. I wasn't upgraded last weekend either, except to the SPG floor. Honestly, the GM couldn't have picked a better night for the surprise upgrade.

I figure last night's stay will earn me around 7400 SPG points plus another 1K from the quarterly promo (8K for 8 stays). Not bad!

MG
Congraz MG... I was there last week for the 3K and 888 bonus. I think I didnt register 888 promotion before I booked the night. I still got that after a week (register after that night)

btw, care to elaborate the 7400 pts?
Old Aug 17, 2008, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by GIJ
Congraz MG... I was there last week for the 3K and 888 bonus. I think I didnt register 888 promotion before I booked the night. I still got that after a week (register after that night)

btw, care to elaborate the 7400 pts?
Sure.

3000 pts for Cdn bonus (A8P)
888 pts for weekend bonus (L8R)
288 pts base pts (room charge + bar tab, adjusted for Cdn conversion)
144 pts gold bonus
288 pts double bonus (N4Y)
2000 pts for being "guest of the day"

Sorry, my mistake, that adds up to 6608.

I got 4373 pts for my stay last weekend.

Last edited by margarita girl; Aug 18, 2008 at 2:43 pm
Old Sep 25, 2008, 8:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Guest of the day

Stayed here this week and got a nice surprise.. I'm Gold (almost Plat) so wasn't expecting an upgrade...maybe a nice room (have stayed here before and they are clean, decent Westin rooms). I was told I was Guest of the Day.. thought I was going to get a mug and mints (what I got when I was Hilton Garden Inn guest of the day once lol).. but no.. I got the Prime Minister Suite for the night, 2000 complimentary SPG points and a special "amenity". Wow.

Go to the suite and it is OUTRAGEOUS. 2 floors... conference room for 16.. rooftop terrace right next to the Westin sign with views of the YYZ runways... grand piano.. full kitchen..massive bedroom.. 2 plasmas.. totally ridiculous. Knock at the door and room service brings chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of 2006 Cabernet.

Seriously? I was on the tail end of a 10 day business trip and this totally hit the spot. Everyone at this property was incredibly nice and kept asking how I liked the suite. Had a nice dinner at the bar in the lobby and felt totally rejuvenated when leaving the next day. Spoke with the manager and thanked him on my way out and he was extremely nice. Will DEFINITELY be back (even if I never get to stay in the suite again. Way above and beyond what I would expect from an airport property.

Funny fact- the Canadian prime minister actually stayed at this property in the PM suite.

Anyway..any property that bends over backwards to make the day of one of its guests gets the ^^ in my book. Room was amazing, but service was better
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by pitbrian
but no.. I got the Prime Minister Suite for the night, 2000 complimentary SPG points and a special "amenity". Wow.
Wow Indeed! Congratulations - sounds like you had a great time there. I love to hear that hotels do things like this for their guests! Thanks for posting about your experience!
Old Sep 26, 2008, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pitbrian
Go to the suite and it is OUTRAGEOUS. 2 floors... conference room for 16.. rooftop terrace right next to the Westin sign with views of the YYZ runways... grand piano.. full kitchen..massive bedroom.. 2 plasmas.. totally ridiculous. Knock at the door and room service brings chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of 2006 Cabernet.
Hey, I got "Guest of the Day" when I was there in mid-Aug, but didn't get a 2 storey suite. Just your run of the mill humongous suite. (see my earlier post)

Their timing couldn't have been better for me though as I was planning a special evening with SO (we live 20 minutes from the Westin Bristol Place, but I was looking for extra points). We also got the wine and chocolate covered strawberries. The valet slammed the door shut though when our dog started barking at him. But we made nice, and he came in to deliver the booty.

I sent a note to the GM thanking him profusely.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG/MArriott Plat
Anything new on this property?

This thread has some older information that rated the hotel fairly well but looking at the thread started in September http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...e-toronto.html it would appear things have gone downhill. Anyone stayed recently? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Any recent visitors to this property? I'm going to try it out for the first time soon. I was wondering if anyone could share how the breakfast amenity turned out for platinum guests...reviews on TA are far from stellar...
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Originally Posted by OMCA
Any recent visitors to this property? I'm going to try it out for the first time soon. I was wondering if anyone could share how the breakfast amenity turned out for platinum guests...reviews on TA are far from stellar...
I was here last week. I was not offered breakfast as an amenity nor did I request it so I can't comment on it. The hotel was fine, got a nice multiroom suite and the airport shuttle was quick.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by OMCA
I stay here every few months. You get the continental breakfast portion of the buffet table, but for 8$ (my memory is spotty) you can upgrade to the full breakfast buffet where they will do anything off the menu (eggs/pancakes/etc.) that you request. Hotel has great service and food quality is above either of the Sheratons in the neighboring area.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: CX Gold, United Gold, BA Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I am here for two nights. Paid CAD$71 plus tax using the prepaid rate 9a day before!). Was upgraded (without asking) to the suite on 15th floor. Great room.
Took the breakfast vouchers. It is for continental, but you can pay $5 to add the hot. However note that on weekends, they give you the hot for free.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
I checked in late last night. When I asked about the platinum breakfast option, the FDA had to read what they offered from a piece of paper (continental), so I took the points. The room I received was a larger than avg one, but not a suite. Room seemed decent enough for a low rate ($74 BRG). Not a luxury Westin but not a dive either. I'll try it again and see what the plat breakfast offering is like. Thanks for your feedback above everyone.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:18 pm

I've had several stays at this property over the years, a couple more recently. Have to say the hallways and rooms seem a bit dated. But everything is clean, the rates are generally quite well priced, and I invariably get upgraded to a suite.

All in all, still great value for the price. Might want to think about sprucing things up a bit, is all.

Cheers,
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Does the property have a lounge?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.