Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeoplan SE, Hilton Gold
Arrow Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport [Master Thread]

Anybody stayed there since they added on the "Westin" to the name ??
BP was one of the better hotels near the airport but the last time I was there it seemed to be showing it's age.

Last edited by rishiboy; Feb 6, 2007 at 4:20 pm
Old Apr 3, 2007, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC.E, SPG.P, FPC.Plt, HH.G
Just completed my second 1 night stay. Here’s a quick summary.

Transport to/from: Hotel is about a 5min drive from the airport. 24-hour complimentary shuttle is available. When I asked about the frequency they said it’s every 30min, but during off-peak hours it may run on request. For airport pick-ups you’ll have to call the hotel, (courtesy phones available in the airport). Limo service is also available and not limited to the airport only. Self park is $14/day, valet also available.

The hotel was converted from a Wyndham. Even after renovation, some areas are still showing its age. The rest of the hotel has been given the standard (although up-to-date), Westin look.

Rooms: Both times arrived early, rooms were ready, upgrades given. The hotel has 15 floors, top 2 are SPG floors. My first stay I was given a room on the 15th. That was about the only thing upgraded. The room was average size, but all the furnishings were new and updated. My second stay was much different, as the room was upgraded to a very nice, large suite.

Business center: 24h and free to use. Wifi available throughout the hotel. Free in the lobby and business room, $16 for 24h access in rooms.

Gym: Fitness center and pool. Both times pool area was closed for renovations. Fitness room is a fair size, 8-10 machines.

Food: Didn’t eat at the restaurants. The hotel is located on Dixon Rd. There are plenty of places to eat within a 10min drive along/off the airport strip. For walking distances, you’re somewhat limited. There’s a Subway next to the hotel, a Lone Star Texas grill beside that, and a Keg steakhouse across the street.

Overall, a good airport hotel. It wouldn’t be my first choice, but would return. I still prefer the Sheraton Gateway (when the price seems right). The FP Toronto Airport is a good second, highly based on its location of being able to walk to the terminal from the hotel, and its usual low price.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy,IHG Rewards, Aeroplan
Stayed recently over a weekend as the price was quite attractive ($89). Was assigned a SPG room that was quite confortable. The view on the airport was good if you are interested in watching planes... while not hearing them take off as sound proofing is very efficient.

Seemed to be short on staff at checkout time. Express checkout bill with name and full address left in the corridor as there is no way to slide it under the door.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Had a one night stay here a few weeks ago.

Recently renovated, and it looks like a typical Westin property. However, you could still tell the building is getting old.

Comfy bed, and great sound proofing.Couldn't ask for more at $100/night.

Parking, however, was pretty steep at $14/night. And they left the exit gates wide open, so I felt pretty ripped off. Didn't bother going in to complain, was in a hurry on checkout. Next time I stay though, I'll definitely point it out.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Is there a club lounge in the hotel ?

Casey.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 1:37 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
As there are many properties with Bristol, could somebody be a bit more specific as to town/country this one describes? Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2007, 2:06 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CaseyN2
Is there a club lounge in the hotel ?
No

Originally Posted by ldsant
As there are many properties with Bristol, could somebody be a bit more specific as to town/country this one describes? Thanks!
YYZ

Originally Posted by YYZ_PPT
Business center: 24h and free to use. Wifi available throughout the hotel. Free in the lobby and business room, $16 for 24h access in rooms.
If you stay on the East side I picked up the coffee shop Wifi on the other side of the Lone Star. Had to be by the window, but just to download email worked great.

I stayed there last Saturday at the $89 rate, so for the money it was a good deal. I pretty much have to echo the comments already said although I didn't use the pool or health club. As Plat I was given the 15th floor which the rooms were redone and showed well. There are a couple restaurants next door and across the street as noted. A couple days before I stayed at the Sheraton Airport which I think that is a nicer hotel, but I paid $125 there, so for less I'd stay at the Westin again, but for the same I'd stay at the airport Sheraton.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 7:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum
Recent Stay Report

Just stayed there last night for the first time after taking advantage of a $99 rate once I found out I had a late night landing at YYZ. Checked in around 1am and asked if they had managed to upgrade us to a suite which they informed me they had. Our room was 1511 – on the top floor – designated a SPG floor. Nice room, just around the corner from the elevators, but tucked away so there was no noise. It was a two room suite – a large(ish) bedroom and a separate living area (perfect for the baby’s crib!). Both rooms had large flat panel HDTVs mounted on the wall and had the typical look and feel of a Westin. Bed was good – standard heavenly King. Shower was the dual-head type, though not particularly high-pressure.

Furnishings looked fairly up-to-date however the room layouts lacked the attention to detail I am used to at Westin’s, e.g. the living room was fairly sparsely decorated, the bedroom had electrical cables draped around the corners of the room and the plug socket beside the bed was overloaded with extension cords. Standard Westin amenities in the bathroom. As someone pointed earlier, there is no club lounge or equivalent.

Staff were courteous and polite – a nice hotel – would stay there again given a good rate.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum
Update

Since my last post, I've stayed a further two times and had the same excellent service as a Platinum. Last week I checked in only to find the reservation I had made was for *next* month (my mistake). No problems, the front desk agent took care of it, moved the reservation to the current date and upgraded me to a wonderful room (1415 I think) which had a large bedroom, a living room and dining room (much bigger than 1511 - the suite I was in earlier) - this was all on a cash and points stay! The staff were very accommodating and went out of their way to help.

And on my third (and current) stay they couldn't offer a suite (as they were all occupied) I did get a very nice oversized King with sofa... very nice room size considering the rate I paid and fine for an overnight before an early flight tomorrow. This is now my new favourite YYZ airport hotel.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Since there is no lounge at this hotel, do you get a breakfast voucher instead? I've got some stays coming up which I was planning on giving to friends.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Since there is no lounge at this hotel, do you get a breakfast voucher instead? I've got some stays coming up which I was planning on giving to friends.
No breakfast coupons are provided. Like most Westins, there is neither a lounge nor a free breakfast for platinums or golds. Hotel itself is a pretty average Westin (nothing remarkable), although it was recently converted from a Wyndham so it is up to date and has flatscreen tv's etc.

SG
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:31 am

it seems all 3 westins in TO No breakfast coupons are provided, no lounge

all 3 Sheratons in TO have lounge and provide breakfast 7 days a week
Old Aug 17, 2008, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guest of the Day

I booked a few nights at the Westin Bristol Place this month to take advantage of the Cdn 3K point promo (A8P), the 888 pt weekend promo (N4Y), the double point promo (L8R) and to get my quarterly bonus (8K for 8 stays). Rate was $99/night.

When I checked in yesterday, I was given a welcome letter from the GM telling me I had been selected as Guest of the Day. I was upgraded to a huge suite (I'm guessing 1500 sq ft), they delivered a bottle of red wine and chocolate covered strawberries to the room, and I was awarded an additional 2000 SPG pts. ^^^

And pets are welcome to boot, so my dog also spent the night with us (we had brought her own heavenly bed along with us).

It was just an amazing evening.

Only bummer was 3 glasses of shiraz at the bar cost $48.30 before tip. Next time, I'll stick to the margaritas!

And yes, I did send an e-mail to the GM thanking him profusely and also filled out my comment card with a glowing review, and again referring to the amazing treatment as Guest of the Day.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:46 am

Margarita Girl, it seems that we were in the same place at the same time!

I misread the 888 points promo, so didn't sign up for that, but have taken advantage of the great weekend rates there along with some of the other promos to book a few stays to help me requalify as Platinum next year. Although I thought the hotel was quite nice, I did not get any sort of upgrade except to the SPG floor and the (extremely noisy) elevator dings were audible from my room

Nonetheless, I thought the hotel and my stay were quite decent overall.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got rooms booked for the next 2 Saturdays as well, even though the room will probably be vacant next weekend, and I'm giving it to a friend for the long weekend. I wasn't upgraded last weekend either, except to the SPG floor. Honestly, the GM couldn't have picked a better night for the surprise upgrade.

I figure last night's stay will earn me around 7400 SPG points plus another 1K from the quarterly promo (8K for 8 stays). Not bad!

MG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.