Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Park Central, Dallas, TX [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Park Central, Dallas, TX [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by moefl
Would you go with this property, or at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, for the same amount of points?
Although I have not stayed at that Sheraton since the renovation, I would probably go with the Westin. I have always been upgraded there to the suite with the dining table that seats 6-8 - plus the breakfast is much better than whatever is in the Sheraton lounge.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Although I have not stayed at that Sheraton since the renovation, I would probably go with the Westin. I have always been upgraded there to the suite with the dining table that seats 6-8 - plus the breakfast is much better than whatever is in the Sheraton lounge.
Actually, on my stay this past weekend, the Westin offered only the continental portion of their breakfast buffet to me as a Platinum member. ($5 buy-up was possible). Meanwhile, the Sheraton by the Galleria, the following day, offered a complete breakfast buffet OR the Club Lounge. On the breakfast basis, I give the Sheraton the upper hand.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:03 am

I've done a few one night stays on c&p at this hotel recently and never get upgraded, except to a club room, which is kind of disappointing. I don't mind the club rooms and they serve their purpose for a one night stay, so I'm not all that disappointed, but it is still annoying knowing that they do upgrade to suites. I've been offered nothing for breakfast and I've been offered full breakfast buffet, so definitely have to inquire when you check in to see what you get. I've got two more stays booked, one this saturday, so we'll see what happens. Overall, i do like this hotel, nice small bar area next to lobby and front desk is nice. I don't pay for the valet parking, so the walk from the free lot is about 2 blocks total, which isn't bad.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:17 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I've had two one night stays recently and had large suites both times with a bath and half, wet bar and dining room table. A little much for 1 night by myself. I agree on the breakfast and the valet is a ripoff.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP - CK, DL PM, *Wood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz President's Circle
I am planning a 1 night getaway with my wife on Saturday night (1st night without the little one).

Debating between Park Central (3k points), Le Meredien Galleria (7k points), or Westin Galleria (10k points).

I know this hotel is "old", but how bad is it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:23 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
The hotel is not bad and I have gotten some big suites but there is nothing particularly close to the hotel and the bar and restaurant in the hotel are not very interesting.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by ckg1999
I am planning a 1 night getaway with my wife on Saturday night (1st night without the little one).

Debating between Park Central (3k points), Le Meredien Galleria (7k points), or Westin Galleria (10k points).

I know this hotel is "old", but how bad is it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
It's not that bad, and I would definitely choose it for 3K points over the Le Meridien and Westin Galleria.

But since this is a special occasion and you're willing to spend 10K at the Westin Galleria, why not look at the new Le Meridien Stoneleigh. That would be my choice for a special occasion in Dallas now that the Joule is gone. If you have suite night awards the Stoneleigh has a ton of suites so your chances are pretty good. If you're set on the Galleria though, I would save the 7k points because the other options there aren't that much nicer than the Westin Park Central.

Last edited by spgplat21; Sep 11, 2014 at 8:29 am
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
BBQ in area?

The cash and points option certainly is a deal. Can anyone recommend authentic BBQ in the area? All ideas appreciated. Thank you.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
The cash and points option certainly is a deal. Can anyone recommend authentic BBQ in the area? All ideas appreciated. Thank you.
I like Dickey's. The closest one to this hotel is at 7770 Forest Lane near Central Expressway. They have been around a long time and have lots of locations. Try the ribs or the brisket. Both good.

http://www.dickeys.com/locator/store.php?id=4

That said, I am sure that some other Dallas FT'r will disagree with me. Preference in barbeque joints is very personal.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you. BBQ here we come.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:21 pm

The rooms are fine, with nice showers. However, I paid $10/day for the wifi and it was really really slow. I complained and changed rooms, but even then, it was slow in the second room. Has anyone experienced this? or was I just unlucky?

Internet in the public areas is really nice and fast though.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:22 am
abk

i have been given large suites here and the only way to get good internet is to stand by the door of the room. Definitely needs work
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Good grief, what a dump! This was a Travelodge branded as a Westin.

1. Self parking - reasonably convenient, but over-priced, and half the people are too stupid to know how to park properly resulting in wasted spaces

2. Club Lounge - afternoon spread of cheese, crackers, veggie bowls and an eggroll masquerading as a taquito thingie. Morning spread of basically nothing - little boxed cereals, stale tasteless fruit, supermarket danishes, etc - very poor quality and probably explained why there were only 3 people in the lounge for afternoon snacks or breakfast

3. Check-in - rooms not ready after 3pm because they are still being cleaned?? Seriously? Took manager override to find me a room that appeared to have been unoccupied for months given the coating of dust everywhere - this was a "mini-suite".

4. Room - not clean (dusty), bathroom was a horribly old relic with a Westin showerhead as the only improvement, carpet felt dirty, and what looked like a poop stain on the bedskirt

5. Internet - 4 choices, but since I wasn't sure if Platinums are comped on all of them, I chose the basic - speed was not terrible, pretty decent

Verdict - I don't think I'll be staying here again
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Good grief, what a dump! This was a Travelodge branded as a Westin.

1. Self parking - reasonably convenient, but over-priced, and half the people are too stupid to know how to park properly resulting in wasted spaces

2. Club Lounge - afternoon spread of cheese, crackers, veggie bowls and an eggroll masquerading as a taquito thingie. Morning spread of basically nothing - little boxed cereals, stale tasteless fruit, supermarket danishes, etc - very poor quality and probably explained why there were only 3 people in the lounge for afternoon snacks or breakfast

3. Check-in - rooms not ready after 3pm because they are still being cleaned?? Seriously? Took manager override to find me a room that appeared to have been unoccupied for months given the coating of dust everywhere - this was a "mini-suite".

4. Room - not clean (dusty), bathroom was a horribly old relic with a Westin showerhead as the only improvement, carpet felt dirty, and what looked like a poop stain on the bedskirt

5. Internet - 4 choices, but since I wasn't sure if Platinums are comped on all of them, I chose the basic - speed was not terrible, pretty decent

Verdict - I don't think I'll be staying here again
I stayed here twice. After that, I've decided I'll try to stay at the Le Meridien by the Galleria if I can. It's so much nicer.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
The lobby is reasonably nice, but the rooms are in need of a renovation. Feels very 1995ish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.