Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Park Central, Dallas, TX [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2008, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by domerun
I was surprised there wasn't a master thread on this property. I would like to share a few of my experiences at this hotel.

Sorry to burst your bubble!

LOL Aren't I just a stinker?!

Anywhoooooo...Nice review ^ Pictures??

Let me tell you, if those kids had been affected my stay, the hotels hands are the ones that would not have been tied! Trust! I'd straighten out those unruly brats!
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat, HHonors Diamond
attack of the kids

Cheap Elite,

Those kids were out of control. One time they took food from the buffet and started playing like they were part of the wait staff at restaurant. This one older lady gasped in horror.

I looked at that one sticky FAQ Master List and I must have missed it.

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of the kids hanging from the chandeliers in the ballroom. I wish I would have, though (true story).

The whole situation reminded me of the movie, "Gremlins". We can laugh about it now, but at the time, it was not funny.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Sounds like those kids need parents with backbones and a good stiff belt!
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:23 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
If these kids had parents with backbones they wouldn't need Alternative Education to begin with
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
If these kids had parents with backbones they wouldn't need Alternative Education to begin with
That's what the stiff belt is for!

......thanks and I'll be here forever, please don't forget to tip your virtual server!

Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:45 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by domerun
I looked at that one sticky FAQ Master List and I must have missed it.
It was my fault. I created the Master Thread for the property just a week ago. It's a bit of a pain to edit properties into the master hotel list. I generally keep a running list of properties where I've created new master threads, then sit down and have a go when I've got several ready.

You have no idea how happy you make me to know the resource thread is getting used.

/Starwood mod
Old Jul 28, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Anything recent about this property? Does it still have a Club Lounge, given that it's a Westin? I plan to attend a conference and this hotel is the host hotel in October.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SPG Junkie
Anything recent about this property? Does it still have a Club Lounge, given that it's a Westin? I plan to attend a conference and this hotel is the host hotel in October.
It did the last time I was there a few months ago.

Yes, it's a little older, but other than that it's a nice hotel, they always seem to give me upgrades to suites, usually larger ones. One of the cheaper Westins in the area, although it's kind of far from downtown, and not that much is around the area. I've always gone in the middle of the week, and it's usually been pretty dead, so I'm not sure how they stay in business.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA G
How is this place compared to the aloft in Las Colinas? The aloft is $15 cheaper, has free parking, and newer rooms. If it makes a difference, I'm an SPG Gold and don't mind shampoo from a dispenser.
Old May 9, 2011, 2:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Slvr, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5star
Just returned from an wonderful stay at this property.

+2 for Excellent service (checked in at 1:30am with a very friendly Shirley. Platinum status recognized. Efficient. Was upgraded to suite on a prepaid rate, advised of the 24-hr room service, and given a breakfast voucher. Shirley made a few humorous remarks and I was chuckling all the way to my room).

+1 for condition of hotel. It's not the newest, but it is certainly at the level of Westin standards, IMHO. Lobby was very attractive, spacious, and clean. Heavenly bed and heavenly shower. Do you need anything more?

+1 for check-out. Manager very pleasant and helpful. Advised that the rooms are planning to be renovated in January 2012.

+1 for internet charge being removed automatically (not on bill) without my having to say anything. I used to give +0 on this, but I think it's a worthy mention.

+0 for location. Kind of in the middle of nowhere, but with good access to 635 and 75 freeways.

-1 for parking and signage. Sure there's a $12.95 rate if you park in their garage, but for only a 3-minute walk, there's guest parking in another well-lit garage nearby for only $3.

If I am ever in the area again, this Plat will definitely consider staying at this hotel.
Old May 22, 2011, 2:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by GenieFlyer
Just returned from an wonderful stay at this property.

+2 for Excellent service (checked in at 1:30am with a very friendly Shirley. Platinum status recognized. Efficient. Was upgraded to suite on a prepaid rate, advised of the 24-hr room service, and given a breakfast voucher. Shirley made a few humorous remarks and I was chuckling all the way to my room).

+1 for condition of hotel. It's not the newest, but it is certainly at the level of Westin standards, IMHO. Lobby was very attractive, spacious, and clean. Heavenly bed and heavenly shower. Do you need anything more?

+1 for check-out. Manager very pleasant and helpful. Advised that the rooms are planning to be renovated in January 2012.

+1 for internet charge being removed automatically (not on bill) without my having to say anything. I used to give +0 on this, but I think it's a worthy mention.

+0 for location. Kind of in the middle of nowhere, but with good access to 635 and 75 freeways.

-1 for parking and signage. Sure there's a $12.95 rate if you park in their garage, but for only a 3-minute walk, there's guest parking in another well-lit garage nearby for only $3.

If I am ever in the area again, this Plat will definitely consider staying at this hotel.
From this positive review I will be booking a stay at this property. It's close to Plano where I will be conducting some business so downtown location isn't very important.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: Club Awesome
trying to decide between here and the Le Meridien. I have stayed at the Le before and enjoyed it but I really love the heavenly beds so looking at the Park Central instead. Staying through work so extra costs like parking and breakfast do not really matter. Does anybody have input on which is the "nicer" hotel. Some of the reviews on Park Central seem to infer that an update is needed and some rooms have musty smells. Also, I am a Plat and will be booking three rooms if that matters. Lastly, Westin Galleria is too much for my work budget, blast them....
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: UA, SPG Gold
Updates on planned renovations?

Originally Posted by GenieFlyer

Any word if the renovation was was started, or more importantly completed? I will be visiting family and this is the closest SPG property to their house. C&P make this an extremely attractive option.

The other option is the sleeper sofa with the support frame poking me in the back for 3 nights.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:02 am

Any updates on this property?
What are the pool hours? Is there a jacuzzi?

Would you go with this property, or at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, for the same amount of points?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Platinum, DL Silver Medallion
I have stayed here several times and have made good friends with the front desk manager. The property has not yet been renovated, but I have always gotten an upgrade to their deluxe suite (about 1,100 sq ft with one and a half baths and a massive living room). There are six of these suites on the top three floors and several junior suites on the smaller floors which are also quite spacious.

The pool is closed nightly and it is not possible to re-enter the hotel from the pool deck after the doors have been locked (so be careful not to get locked out!)

There is a very interesting shell space on top of the hotel which used to be a restaurant with floor-to-ceiling views of the skyline but is now unused and empty. There is a fairly lively bar in the lobby, as well as a pub that I have not eaten in.

The property has physically seen better days, but the staff are always A+ and I have never had any service problems. If you can find a low rate (and those are pretty easy to come by), then it might be worth a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.