Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
If you're open to the Big Island, the King Kamehameha Courtyard is a nice property to use the certificates. Excellent elite benefits too if you're Platinum or above.
Hmm good point! I will be at the Big Island just before Oahu. Only a lowly gold now, but I'll check it out thanks for the suggestion!
DallasEsq likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
If you're open to the Big Island, the King Kamehameha Courtyard is a nice property to use the certificates. Excellent elite benefits too if you're Platinum or above.
I was one of the first check in's when the old King Kamehameha reflagged to Courtyard things were rough in the first couple of years but for me it was a perfect location for my business trips. I will say this having dinner on the patio just about sunset is one of the best, very best scenes anywhere in the islands. As well as the small "private beach". While the Tower building is a bit of a walk still book it
DallasEsq and lily23 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I was one of the first check in's when the old King Kamehameha reflagged to Courtyard things were rough in the first couple of years but for me it was a perfect location for my business trips. I will say this having dinner on the patio just about sunset is one of the best, very best scenes anywhere in the islands. As well as the small "private beach". While the Tower building is a bit of a walk still book it
I enjoyed my stay there, but it's definitely not a luxury property by any measure. Given the current insane prices for Hawaiian hotels, getting to use cc certificates anywhere there is a great value.
lily23 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by lily23
Any comments on general cleanliness/state of the rooms?
Nothing special.

I spend 2 nights there days ago. I was upgraded to some kind of premium view room ( I rarely pay attention to faux upgrades). It was clean and not that dilapidated. My expectations were met (mediocre room for a relatively high price).

In comparison I spent the prior 2 nights in the Sheraton Waikiki. The rooms are much nicer - having been refurbished - recently? The overall experience was much better too. They even ‘forced’ me to have a 4pm check out in the middle of a busy President’s day weekend.
lily23 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by kilo
Nothing special.

I spend 2 nights there days ago. I was upgraded to some kind of premium view room ( I rarely pay attention to faux upgrades). It was clean and not that dilapidated. My expectations were met (mediocre room for a relatively high price).

In comparison I spent the prior 2 nights in the Sheraton Waikiki. The rooms are much nicer - having been refurbished - recently? The overall experience was much better too. They even ‘forced’ me to have a 4pm check out in the middle of a busy President’s day weekend.
There is a huge difference between a Courtyard in Hawaii and the Sheraton Waikiki, huge. The courtyards in the islands are Courtyards for a reason.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
There is a huge difference between a Courtyard in Hawaii and the Sheraton Waikiki, huge. The courtyards in the islands are Courtyards for a reason.
This thread (and the comment) is about the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani not the Courtyard.
anteater likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by kilo
This thread (and the comment) is about the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani not the Courtyard.

Got it. Does anyone know when this property will be demo'd ?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Just finished up a two night stay booked with the promo 35k certs from last year (they were expiring beginning of April).

As a Titanium, my standard room was upgraded to a pool view Princess wing on the 5th floor. Elites also get free beach chairs when you pick up your towels at the towel station.

Breakfas was a large pastry, fruit bowl and coffee from the Splash bar. I’m glad it was free. The breakfast prices are shocking.

Sheraton’s motto seems to be “1973 was an awesome year.” All in all it was a decent stay and a good use of the certs since rooms were going for more than $300 a night. We got a late checkout on Saturday and then proceeded down to HHV to check into to our timeshare at Lagoon Tower.
NYC Flyer and DallasEsq like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: hahaha
Looking for parking suggestions for our upcoming stay. I'm pretty comfortable with the last mile journey from the McCully - Moiliili neighbourhood north of Waikiki, it's not far at all and I can make a jog out of it. What I'm unsure of is safety/break-in concerns or just anything else that I might have glossed over in random Google Street View lookups.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by asovse1
Looking for parking suggestions for our upcoming stay. I'm pretty comfortable with the last mile journey from the McCully - Moiliili neighbourhood north of Waikiki, it's not far at all and I can make a jog out of it. What I'm unsure of is safety/break-in concerns or just anything else that I might have glossed over in random Google Street View lookups.
Parking isn't necessarily easier in McCully - whether you find an elusive spot in Waikiki or venture north of Waikiki your odds of a break in go up considerably anywhere on the island if your car screams tourist (think Mustang/Camaro, or vehicles without a real trunk, etc) or if anything whatsoever is visible. I also wouldn't characterize the area as unsafe.
kyushuman and asovse1 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: hahaha
Might benefit others to know that FlyerTalk is banned from any device using the MarriottBonvoy-GUEST Wi-Fi SSID (or not! enjoy your vacation!)

I wonder if this is the case at the three sister properties haha
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Might benefit others to know that FlyerTalk is banned from any device using the MarriottBonvoy-GUEST Wi-Fi SSID (or not! enjoy your vacation!)

I wonder if this is the case at the three sister properties haha
Yes, it is. I think I triggered it when I was at Sheraton Waikiki in January. Worked fine for my first 3 days, then was blocked. Someone reported same thing happening at Royal Hawaiian.

Work around was to use the portable mifi to access FT.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Yes, it is. I think I triggered it when I was at Sheraton Waikiki in January. Worked fine for my first 3 days, then was blocked. Someone reported same thing happening at Royal Hawaiian.

Work around was to use the portable mifi to access FT.

Anyone know why?

guessing a VPN would work to get around it.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
My procedure was to cruise Ala Wai Blvd to look for parking (except for Fridays and Mondays), and if I couldn't find anything, head for the Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor Diamond parking lot. Parking at the small harbor is like $1 an hour which is cheaper than the parking charges at the hotel. When I was there last year, the payment machines were broken, so I was able to park for free. I was always able to find parking in one of these spots, but maybe I was just extremely lucky. By late in the evening, the small harbor parking lot does get full. I also got a bus pass to make the trip back to the hotel easier from small harbor lot.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Anyone know why?

guessing a VPN would work to get around it.
I’m wondering if it should be reported to FT. They’ve obviously identified the Marriott Hawaiian properties as being suspicious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.