Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 6:22 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by yscleo
He also said 50% of their 1000 rooms are under renovation, and doesn't know what situation they'll be at May/2024 when we plan to travel. Maybe that's why this hotel is cheaper than other Marriott hotels in Waikiki.
Glad to see they finally started doing this. When I was there early 2023 I had my doubts. SPK is in dire need of renos.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by yscleo
Just looked at this a little more carefully. So elites don't even get coffee/tea/juice. You either have to pay for them or pay to upgrade to an entree, but do you still get the pasty, fruit cup and yogurt?
LOOK very carefully at the menu you posted it states all menu choices come with coffee or tea
Old Dec 16, 2023, 10:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by edgewood49
LOOK very carefully at the menu you posted it states all menu choices come with coffee or tea
Ok, I guess it can be interpreted the way you think.

It has a heading
"Breakfast Entrees"
Under which it has
"Continental Breakfast" Continental Plate"
and then
"Upgrade to a Breakfast Entree",
and all items under that has a number (dollars to pay).

--
You're saying the "Continental Breakfast" Continental Plate" is itself an entree. But the wording ""Upgrade to a Breakfast Entree" for items below, seems to suggest that Continental Plate is not an entree, and only items listed under are entrees. There's also a box of prices for coffee, tea, juice..

That is an Elite members menu. So if coffee, tea, or juice, is included for any entree including the Complimentary Continental plate, then they don't need to list any price for coffee, tea, juice. Unless you're saying an Elite member will get charged for coffee, tea, or juice, if that's all they have, and not order the Complimentary Continental Plate.

I haven't stayed there. If you had, and know for sure, that's good.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K Delta Silver Medallion Marriott Ambassador Wyndham Diamond Natl Exec Elite
Looking for some recent (<1yr) feedback if possible

Currently booked ten nights at the Sheraton Waikiki, but have recently noted a lot of positive discussion regarding the Royal Hawaiian. Not really interested in the Ritz for the increase in price + no direct beach access.

Anyways, I have stayed at the Sheraton before (going on 2yr ago) and I enjoyed it. Is there any reason to consider the RH? Is there any difference in elite recognition at either property? I am seeing the breakfast is the same (lame) but unsure what to expect otherwise. Sheraton upgraded us to oceanview while gold and during the busy season, so they are in good graces already.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 9:45 pm

A quick data point: I’m currently staying at the Sheraton Waikiki with a view towards Diamond Head, which includes a view of all the hotels between here and there. From here, the ENTIRE side of the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani facing us is dark, with the exception of 5 or 10 rooms in the bottom few floors. Just a heads-up if you intend travel here, as the upthread reviews say it may be under renovation. That certainly appears to be the case, unless they have vast swaths of rooms not bookable for other reasons.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Does anyone know what the resort fee currently includes? The latest post I can find referencing it was from 2019.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Does anyone know what the resort fee currently includes? The latest post I can find referencing it was from 2019.
"Please note a daily resort fee of USD 33 plus tax will be added to room rate. This includes an array of amenities and activities for you to enjoy, including:
Complimentary one-day rental of GoPro Camera (1 per room per stay). Rental available at the front desk located on the lobby level
MiFi Rental - unlimited high-speed wireless on Island (Complimentary rental of 1 MiFi per room per stay). Rental available at the front desk located on the lobby level
Daily Cultural Activities - lei making, ukulele lessons, hula lessons, and historic tours. Reservations available at the front desk located in the lobby
Yoga Nidra Meditation. Reservations available at the front desk located in the lobby
Beach Front Yoga. Reservations available at the front desk located in the lobby
WiFi Premium Access in Guestrooms and public areas
BONVOY ELITE AMENITY: Daily Tommy Bahama Beach Chair Rentals (2 per room)."
Source: https://deals.marriott.com/sheraton/...hnlksresortfee
yscleo likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
Thanks. May I ask where you found that link? I can't find links to the usury fees for any property.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Thanks. May I ask where you found that link? I can't find links to the usury fees for any property.
Nothing too sophisticated. I just googled "sheraton princess kaiulani resort fee" and that was the first or second result.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I added the link to this thread’s wiki (thanks DallasEsq). You will also find the resort fee link for the Sheraton Waikiki in the wiki of its master thread.
DallasEsq and edgewood49 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.