Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Bristol, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Bristol, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has had recent stays. Considering it for five nights in August with my 2 year-old, husband, and parents. This is my mother's "dream trip" so I want to make sure that the construction won't be disruptive.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:24 am

Hi

Does anyone have the GM (Gerald Krischek) email?

Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Just completed a stay

I just completed 4 nights at the Bristol. It was overall OK.

Positives:

Wonderful staff, beautiful grand hotel, very cute bar, nice rooms, fantastic location. Helpful concierge as well.

Negatives:

The wireless is horrific. We had to change rooms because there was no signal in our first room. The second room had a "spotty" signal at best which caused a lot of issues. For any serious work needing to be done on the Internet, you have to go to the lobby where the signal is strong. Also, wireless is free in the lobby.

Also this hotel is PRICEY (which shouldn't surprise anyone). Two drinks at the cute lobby bar could be had for no less than 30 Euros.

I likely wouldn't stay here again purely due to the wireless. We had friends who stayed at the LM down the street and they had no problems with theirs. When on vacation using the Internet to keep in touch and to research what to do next is very important, having terrible wireless at the Bristol really put a cramp in that stay.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
I just completed 4 nights at the Bristol. It was overall OK.

Positives:

Wonderful staff, beautiful grand hotel, very cute bar, nice rooms, fantastic location. Helpful concierge as well.

Negatives:

The wireless is horrific. We had to change rooms because there was no signal in our first room. The second room had a "spotty" signal at best which caused a lot of issues. For any serious work needing to be done on the Internet, you have to go to the lobby where the signal is strong. Also, wireless is free in the lobby.

Also this hotel is PRICEY (which shouldn't surprise anyone). Two drinks at the cute lobby bar could be had for no less than 30 Euros.

I likely wouldn't stay here again purely due to the wireless. We had friends who stayed at the LM down the street and they had no problems with theirs. When on vacation using the Internet to keep in touch and to research what to do next is very important, having terrible wireless at the Bristol really put a cramp in that stay.
As there is wired internet in the rooms- did you ask the hotel about just installing a little wireless router for you in your room connected to the wired port? That probably would have solved the problem.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 12:16 am

Renovations

Anyone stayed here during the current renovations?
How bad it is?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Also, what does the hotel offer for Platinum breakfast?
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:26 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Also thinking about booking it for September, so recent info about the noise would be useful

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Also, what does the hotel offer for Platinum breakfast?
The Platinum breakfast thread states that they offer full buffet breakfast at the restaurant:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post21222032
Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I will be here in two weeks for a one night stay, combined with a one night stay at the Meridien. Will report back
Old Aug 31, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I just stayed here for five nights with my husband and two year-old daughter and parents in a separate room. Overall it was a great stay and I would definitely return.

Positives:
1)Upgrades! I had booked two rooms on points. One room was upgraded to a fabulous two room suite (with two small bathrooms); one room was upgraded to a larger regular room with a very large bathroom. Very, very nice.
2) Staff were very cordial and helpful.
3) Location is outstanding. You are at the epicenter of Vienna.
4) For plat breakfast, given full buffet in restaurant.

Negatives:
1) Construction is still going on. I never heard anything, but the main restaurant is still closed. All meals are served in the banquet hall in the basement.
2) The breakfast was fine but not particularly exceptional. I would not have wanted to pay for it.
3) The mattress was QUITE firm.

Again, overall a great stay and will definitely return.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:54 am

Does anyone know how many points are required for the Opera facing suites?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 4:52 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53)

I recently reserved one for 24k.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:03 am

Any updates on the renovations here? I'm thinking about a stay in about six months time...
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by JNelson113
3) The mattress was QUITE firm.
That's how we like it....
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, BA Gold, *A Gold
staying here at the moment.
booked yesterday (day of arrival) with C+P.
Was upgraded at check in to a junior suite - facing the opera.
Breakfast is in restaurant, mattress still firm as i like it

great hotel, great rate with C+P, enjoy every second.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by Riddell
staying here at the moment.
booked yesterday (day of arrival) with C+P.
Was upgraded at check in to a junior suite - facing the opera.
Breakfast is in restaurant, mattress still firm as i like it

great hotel, great rate with C+P, enjoy every second.
What was the rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.