Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton BWI Baltimore Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton BWI Baltimore Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: AS Gold, United, Southwest RR, AA, Starwood, Hilton
Originally Posted by yonatan
I have a late-arriving flight and am thinking of spending the night here. I saw in a thread from a few years ago that it wasn't considered a good property. Is it still a bad place to stay? Is it at least clean & quiet?

Also, can one walk there from the terminal? If not, does it actually save sny time over staying at other properties nearby?

Yonatan
This hotel is not that bad...but is pretty avg. It is very convienant and if you don't have a lot of luggage it is walkable. If you only need a room for a night or two then this is a great selection. However, it is a 4 points...enough said!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Stayed at this property on short notice this past week. Was upgraded upon check in to a king suite. The room itself was decent, nice bed, comfortable couch, plasma screen TV (at a 4 points???? can't be). Although there were a few things I found odd: abnormally noisy A/C unit, public lavatory style toilet (the kind in which you flush with your shoe). I could hear airplanes take off from my room but then again that isn't a valid complaint since this after all is an aiport hotel. The bar restaurant was okay, however only three people could sit at the bar and some of the lagers they had were unavailable. Upon checkout, an airport shuttle was on demand, which is excellent for 6 am departures. A decent SPG property, and a better than average Four Points property.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 8:11 pm

Any recent reports on this property? I'm trying to find a couple of satisfactory hotels in the BWI area for family and friends coming in during the warmer months.

Both aLofts here managed to repeatedly screw the pooch.
Factor in the crowd that these properties seem to draw and those two coffins are nailed shut and deep in the dirt.

Our stay at the element was good, but our guests probably won't need the acoutrements of an extended stay property. I'd meant to at least drive by the Sheraton/Westin/Four Points BWI here, but then winter came...

Any new feedback on any of these three properties (in their respective threads) is very greatly appreciated!!!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
Just booked this hotel because work didn't show the Westin BWI as being available. I'll update in a couple of weeks after my trip. Rate is 96/night
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Recent Stay

Here's my report for a stay here 4/18-4/19:

Location: The hotel is located on the BWI Airport property less than a mile (.7 to be exact) from the terminal. It has a large parking lot in front and is next to one of the long term parking garages. It is located near the roadways leading to the BWI Expressways which can cause some noise.

Hotel: The property feels a bit older with the entrance having an old, dirty yellow awning and the lobby a bit small and cramped. The check-in desk is located close to the door which can be annoying if many people show up at once. There´s a restaurant/bar just off the lobby I didn´t visit and a few conferences rooms. Room hallways didn´t feel old at least.

Check In: No line when I arrived and the woman at the desk were extremly helpful. She added my Starwood number with no problem (my brother booked the reservation) and gave us helpful information about the hotel as well as confirmed that the room would be what we wanted.

Room: Our room was on the second floor and felt a bit small for a two bedroom. While the beds were listed as Queens, they certainly felt more like Fulls. Still, we had a newer flat screen TV (helpfully equipped with a card that labeled it "TV"), a desk and a large enough bathroom whose shower had good water pressure. The outlets were finicky, however, and items plugged into them sometimes needed jiggling. Also, the air conditioner would make a loud noise every twenty minutes.

Other: I didn´t eat breakfast. Also, the shuttle bus ran on a request only and we waited about 15 minutes for it. For us this wasn´t a problem but had I been on a tighter schedule, I would have been annoyed.

My rate was $89. I would stay here again.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Perfectly fine

Some parts of the hotel could use a freshening, but overall the room was in very nice shape. Doesn't have the white bedding yet, or the new single serving coffee makers, but other than that, it was fresh, clean and comfortable.

The restaurant was open for lunch (that was really welcome after a redeye and a connection....), and the food was hot and fresh. Particularly liked the crab soup.

The service was cheerful and accomodating. Very welcoming!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, CZR 7*, MGM Plat
I enjoyed my one night here. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

The cost of hang-tag room service breakfast was very reasonable. Unfortunately, my order came a half hour later than promised. They were very apologetic and resolved the situation to my satisfaction when they rushed the food up after I complained and also comped it. Mistakes happen, and an apology goes a long way with me.

If you are sensitive to noise, keep in mind that the end of a runway was visible out the window and the jets start taking off fairly early in the morning.

I would definitely stay here again.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:54 pm

I would agree with just about everything in this thread. Just adding my experience:

As a regular member w/ 1 stay total, I paid for a rate that included breakfast and was upgraded to a "preferred" room (seemed just fine, maybe upgraded because my rate was a little higher than most?)

The in-restaurant breakfast was very tasty. They had regular continental items (eggs/bacon/pastries/fruit/cereal/yogurt, everything seemed very fresh) and you could order a juice included in the price. For about $10 more than the basic rate, it was a good value for 2 people.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA - Gold, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold
My dad is taking a trip to Baltimore for a conference and wanted to stay at one of the Airport hotels. Is this or the sheraton more convenient for the light rail system?

Thank You.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:01 pm

Leaving Starwood on November 30, 2013

Leaving Starwood on November 30, 2013
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...propertyID=856
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Shame, was not a bad 4pts
Old Oct 11, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by etsmyers
Shame, was not a bad 4pts
Agreed, not the nicest hotel in the world (looked like a roadside motel from the outside), but was well run and friendly - closest to the airport, prompt shuttle service, and plats got breakfast and evening apps.

Guess we're left with the Aloft, Sheraton, and Westin at BWI (and the two really poor properties near Arrundel Mills).
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by jdawg
Agreed, not the nicest hotel in the world (looked like a roadside motel from the outside), but was well run and friendly - closest to the airport, prompt shuttle service, and plats got breakfast and evening apps.

Guess we're left with the Aloft, Sheraton, and Westin at BWI (and the two really poor properties near Arrundel Mills).
I hate Alofts, having tried the one mentioned. It feels like a college dorm minus the hot near naked girls.

I have consistently been upgraded at the Sheraton, but find the lounge at the Westin far better. Point to note, the Hilton BWI has a great lounge with free beer
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Any idea what, if anything, the hotel is going to become?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
Any idea what, if anything, the hotel is going to become?
http://www.baltimoresun.com/business...,3140873.story

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.