Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton BWI Baltimore Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton BWI Baltimore Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, United Premier Executive
You do need to take the shuttle since it isn't attached to the airport.

I live in DC and sometimes stay here when I have an early flight and want the parking package. It's a hotel that meets its purpose.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
For the money, the Hampton Inn nearby is a better hotel (and has free wireless). They do a better job of handling people who have early flights (IMHO).
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Update for my recent stay at Four Points BWI.

I was surprised this is a Four Points because it's the official hotel for BWI. The hotel has regular Sheraton amenities, a gift shop, an outdoor pool, a gym and a restaurant with a separate bar

As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a deluxe room with ample space, free high speed internet and the new comfortable bed. Free parking is my second surprise. I don't remember any other official airport hotels offer free parking. I was given a pass for two hor Dourve because the lounge is closed over the weekend. I went to the lounge, the bartender gave me an appetizer menu and I picked up two dishes. I thought I would get two smaller dishes because the menu list each appetizer cost around $8.00. To my surprise, I got two big plates of hot wings and super nachos.

Same thing happened to the breakfast, which I can choose anything from the menu. The front desk staffs were very friendly. I shipped some boxes for a conference, and the bellman/shuttle driver helped me to move those boxes to my car. Front desk manager called me to make sure I had a good stay and gave me good suggestion for restaurants serving crab cakes. It is probably my best experience at any Four Points hotel.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
FYI, according to recent reports the BWI area is getting both a new Sheraton and a Westin in the next couple of years. I don't think the old Sheraton was one of their better properties and that is why they must have changed it to a Four Points. It is also probably a good idea to do this now if there is going to be a brand new hotel in a couple of years flying the Sheraton flag that has higher standards.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 1:34 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently and paid for the parking? They have a Park & Fly fare that seems pretty steep, but in the past I just paid an additional $30 on top of my room rate, which would be less than their quoted rate.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:40 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Seems just fine to me

I do not know what all the complaints are about. It is a perfectly adequate property to be an airport Four Points. I only expect so much out of a Four Points. The room I received tonight is large, comfortable bed and clean. Seems to have been renovated not too long ago. The public areas are in fact quite W-ish, albeit a little low-end. The hotel looks very ugly on the outside and I was a little scared walking in but was happy enough when I walked in to my room.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 4:25 am

Programs: SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Marriott
Originally Posted by zakami
I do not know what all the complaints are about. It is a perfectly adequate property to be an airport Four Points. I only expect so much out of a Four Points. The room I received tonight is large, comfortable bed and clean. Seems to have been renovated not too long ago. The public areas are in fact quite W-ish, albeit a little low-end. The hotel looks very ugly on the outside and I was a little scared walking in but was happy enough when I walked in to my room.
I agree. When I stayed there in February I got a very nice and quite a big room with a decent bed, a sofa, etc. I had to walk 5 minutes to reach it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Same cannot be said for the security lines (flying UA) @ BWI though :-) The TSA agents actually told some people to fly SWA if they did not want to stand in line.

Rene
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:22 am

I also stayed there recently . . . again. You don't need to do the "Park & Fly" rate to get the parking. They just tack on $30, which can be a great deal if you are gone more than a few days.

They are in the middle of a remodel of the common areas and I, too, find the rooms more than adequate. They have a nice little bar where the prices are suprisingly reasonable. And I LOVE the shuttle to the airport and the pickup on the way back. Much better than the BWI parking lots.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Thumbs up Four Points by Sheraton BWI Baltimore Airport

Did a mileage run this weekend to BWI (special UA "error fare"). Because the literal time I was going to be at the hotel was 5.5 hours I really didn't care about where I was staying but wanted another *wood stay

What a WONDERFUL surprise! This 4 Points was one of the best places I've stayed as of late. The staff could not have been nicer! The GM, Bob in the restaurant, and Keith at the front desk, all were so nice and really had the spirit of "hospitality" about them.

The room I had was great! Large King size bed, sofa, two chairs, desk and chair, large TV, bathroom, chocolates by the bed, alarm clock, and newly remodeled bathroom (tiny, but nice heavenly shower rod/curtain). There was a humidifier in the room as well as free internet available (ethernet connection).

The apple pie that we had in the restaurant was wonderful (warmed and perfect crust!) along with the beer recommended by Bob (he was VERY knowledgeable about the various beers and very nice).

Shuttle service was very quick and took 5 minutes to get from/to the property and back to the airport in the morning. All in all, this was an excellent stay!
Old Oct 16, 2006, 3:57 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Thumbs up

Wow, choco's by the bed at a 4-points. I'm assuming that's a Plat amenity of some kind, or were they just being really nice ?

Thanks for taking the time to post the report, Idsant. With all the good MR fares that come to/from BWI, nice to know this info. in case said MR requires an overnight. I've not stayed there, but IIRC, it's really AT the airport (as opposed to BWI airport hotels that are a few blocks away), no?
Old Oct 16, 2006, 6:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by skye1
Wow, choco's by the bed at a 4-points. I'm assuming that's a Plat amenity of some kind, or were they just being really nice ?

Thanks for taking the time to post the report, Idsant. With all the good MR fares that come to/from BWI, nice to know this info. in case said MR requires an overnight. I've not stayed there, but IIRC, it's really AT the airport (as opposed to BWI airport hotels that are a few blocks away), no?
Yep - right at the airport - literally 4 minutes on the shuttle - right next to the airport parking garage.

I was in room 1344 - very nice room (for those who track these kinds of things).
Old Oct 17, 2006, 5:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by ldsant
Yep - right at the airport - literally 4 minutes on the shuttle - right next to the airport parking garage.

I was in room 1344 - very nice room (for those who track these kinds of things).

The restaurant was pretty amazing for this class of hotel. I had a salmon dish that was very very good.

The rooms seemed a bit outdated to me, but the staff was very good as mentioned by the OP.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:22 am

BWI Four Points

I have a late-arriving flight and am thinking of spending the night here. I saw in a thread from a few years ago that it wasn't considered a good property. Is it still a bad place to stay? Is it at least clean & quiet?

Also, can one walk there from the terminal? If not, does it actually save sny time over staying at other properties nearby?

Yonatan
Old Aug 1, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
You have to call for pick-up from the luggage area.
Pick-up is fairly quick.

Other hotels nearby are the Westin and a Sheraton, which are side by side.
I do prefer the Westin.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by yonatan
I have a late-arriving flight and am thinking of spending the night here. I saw in a thread from a few years ago that it wasn't considered a good property. Is it still a bad place to stay? Is it at least clean & quiet?

Also, can one walk there from the terminal? If not, does it actually save sny time over staying at other properties nearby?

Yonatan
It is definitely closer than the other hotels, so you'd save at least a little time by staying at the 4 Points.

I stayed there several times in 2006 and 2007 and really liked this hotel. The restaurant was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was not as new or fancy as the Sheraton or Westin, but the rooms I stayed in were clean and comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.